Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Hip Reduction (Page 1)

I have a very narrow thin frame...For most of my body. I have huge hips that stick out for no reason and look terrible. Is\0\05{\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0 surgery that can reduce hip size? I have struggled with eating disorders because I know my hips make me look fat. This unfortunatly is a serious problem in my life right now. Is there anything I can do and does anybody else have this problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper joetheaverage
|

replied May 26th, 2006
Me Too!
I also have this problem and I was just wandering how you dealt with it because its starting to become an issue with me

hope you can help!

Thank you
-just wondering
|

replied February 27th, 2009
Glad I'm not the only one...also
I hips stick out like two shopping carts and I hate them, I'm 5'3" and I developed hips when I was 23. I can't wear my skinny pants anymore and my bocy looks akward. I'm at my wits end and feel so very unattractive.
|

replied March 16th, 2009
hip reducton
is there any way to bind the hips, similar to braces so recude the bone width?
|

replied May 8th, 2009
i have the same problem!
I also have wide hips. They were not that bad until i recently had a baby. Now my hips are so much wider! It looks so akward and my husband teases me. I have to do something about it.
Does anyone have a solution for this?
|

replied May 18th, 2009
omg
seems that many women have this inssue.I am 5,4 and have 34 hips..If I go in stores I need to try 50pants because none of them loock normal of me...My wide hips loock terible and mess up my whole body..I am perfect on the top..but my wide hips gives a bad proportion..ids the part witch ruin my body.Sad but there is no surgery for hips reduction..exept liposuction witch reduse the fat..but don.t reduce the hip bone.We can get skinny as stick..but the b�³nes stay there.Body type is a thing we cant change..and need to live whit it the whole life.I am afraid to have kids because iIm enought wide..if I get more wider I kill myself..anyway..even now I CANT LIVE WHIT THIS::and when I see lean,tight bodyes just macke me almoust cry..and I feel inferior.
|

replied June 7th, 2009
im 19 and have the same problem and have had bulimia a couple times in my life. im jealous of almost every girl i see who has a small frame. sometimes i think it would just be better to die and not have to live with the feelings i have about my body.
|

replied June 8th, 2009
me too
guys..I just had study in internet about hips..I found out that not the pelivic give the big proportion to the hips..is the greater tochater and the femur bone.The type of legs witch stick out for no reason.Now this is my type also.If yall watch around there are some women whit straight legs and some whit legs witch stick out apart.Those loocks wide.I continue to check in internet about greater tochater surgery but what I found out is that those surgeryes are macked just in the case if you suffer a big accident and hip damage..also the surgery is very complicate,paintfull and expensive..plus are risc that might be we need to learn to walk again and even the risc to can not be normal ever again.I wish to have a surgery like that but I am afraid..and I hate my hip bones and my stick out legs..I feel bad when I see myself in the mirror and I am so sad..my hips ruin my body.
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
hip surgery is a must...
Same here im 18 and i have a very petite body but my hips keep moving out and friends joke saying wide hips look out. it looks so weird that i feel extremely akward when i wear a bathing suit b/c evrything is normal except my hips and ppl notice an stare at me help!!! i wish there was a surgery even if you couldn't have kids i would totally do it so my height weight and frame would finally fit together perfectly...
|

replied September 3rd, 2009
These responses are really, really sad. Unless your hips are 45-50 inches wide, you are not abnormal - that is what a woman's body is supposed to look like. "I want to die" and "even if I couldn't have kids, I'd get my hips surgically removed" just because you don't look perfect (and because you have aholes for friends?)?? Those issues go far beyond the size of your hips - some of you should be seeking counseling and therapy rather than surgery.
|

replied October 21st, 2009
i totaly agreee with sanddollar1.i have the same problem,my hipps became really big(or i would say fat) after i gave birth to my 3rd child.but iam determined to make it look nicer,not buy surgery but by exercise,i think this is the best thing to do,aerobic ,squats,legs workout are all very good and the best of them would be walking.we cant just sit in front of the mirror and cry about our hipps,we have to do something about it,and to be realistic its not going to take 5 minutes,it will take some time but it can be done.
|

replied March 25th, 2010
To sali123: You can't reduce your hips through exercise, they are bone. sali123 and sanddollar1, you probably don't have to deal with the issue of wide frame, and a knife doesn't hurt until it cuts you.
I'm skinnier and more lightweight than my friend yet I look fatter than her because if my hips. I can go anorexic and still look fatter than someone who's fatter than me. I can't fit into pants because my legs are one size and my hips are another size.
I can relate with the others.
|

replied March 27th, 2010
OU WOMEN ARE FLIPPIN CRAZY!!! LOONY I TELL YA!
I can't possibly explain how wonderful wide hips are to the MAJORITY of (real) men out there.
Why? Because it is the truest indication of femininity.
I promise you that if you have a small waist and large hips you will lusted after by soooooo many men (inluding me!) Bear in mind though that hese two go hand in hand. Small waist/ribcage + wide hips. There is NOTHING sexier on this planet, and this is the FIRST thing MOST men check on a woman. When guys say "that chick has a fine behind" a large part of that is because of the waist-to-hip ratio.

STOP bloody reading all those silly fashion magazines and looking at those awful size 0 models and hating yourselfs for no damn reason! Its F***ING LUDICROUS!
The fashion industry is powered by the tastes of GAY MEN. GAAAAAAAYYYYY. G.A.Y.
Do you know what gay men like? NARROW HIPS. Why? Because they're gay. They are naturally attracted to narrow hips and this is the standard they use for ALL their models.
WAKE UP!!!!
Your friends/husbands are probably just teasing because YOU see it as a weakness.
Now come one you VENUS', work on getting those waists smaller, and I promise you, you will get so much more attention.
And if you don't want the attention of men to boost your confidence, don't look to other women because they will always pick you out on something.
And if you still don't feel better, then email me!! Ill give you all the attention you need!! lol
Honestly though, I don't date women with small "tight" hips. They're not feminine enough.
Good luck and Love 2 u all
|
Users who thank joetheaverage for this post: manee 

replied April 20th, 2010
i have very narrow hips even after two kids .is there any drug i can take to make thhem wider?
|

replied July 4th, 2010
i dont know what fi do!!i am 18 yearrs old and am experiencing the same thing.recently i started noticing that my hips are getting big.a year i go i was the slim girl who everyone died for.unfortunately,this year,i dont know what happened to me.my hips make me look awkward.i fell inferior.my friends thought i'd been with a guy and rumors about me went around.what can i do?what has happened to me?
|

replied August 26th, 2010
Hips
I know my hips are wide, I didn't think anything of it. I am almost 30 with one child that's almost 10. I am in the military and someone said that I don't look professional in my uniform because I have wide hips- I don't think I'm fat...now I'm depressed because they want to hold up my promotion because of my hips, how dumb is that? I signed up to serve my country, not to be in a fashion show...
|

replied October 4th, 2010
@joetheaverage

things like this are sensitive to women. its less trying to attract men and more (even maybe subconsiously) trying to be the prettiest and most attractive over the same gender. men are clueless, but we compare ourselves to every woman we see and we cant help it

to everyone with eating disorders, i hope youre doing okay. im going through the same and i hope you guys are doing okay
x
|

replied November 22nd, 2010
hey, bit dissapointing to hear that other people have the same problen.
im 17yr old guy and mostly skinny but my hips stick out majorly and its seriously distorting my body image and making me REALYY depressed
is there anything i can do to shrink them???

good luck to everyone Smile
|

replied February 3rd, 2011
Get a Life
Unless you're a man or one of the RARE female-to-male transsexuals (like me) who make up .03% of the population there is NO REASON to worry about having wider hips. That's how women look and what men (and lesbians) find attractive. Transwomen dream about having wider hips so they can have that beautiful "hourglass shape" so why are all you natural-born women b*tching about this?

Is it because all the runway models have the bodies of tall 13 year old boys? Do you want to be this androgynous looking 6 foot bean pole with long hair and make-up? I'm sorry to inform you that that is NOT how REAL women look. Those women are (from a scientific standpoint) freaks of nature who would most likely die in childbirth from the narrow hips and prolly aren't fertile from being so damn anorexic.

This is the reason women fail so much harder than men and haven't invented electricity, cars and stuff. Because you're too busy sitting on your arse crying about how big yer arse is. Maybe what you need is a brain transplant.

LOL
|

replied March 16th, 2011
^or maybe because society has been harsh to women all these years? i'm ftm too but i don't have to act like a dick to compensate for not being born with one. and no, having narrow hips does not mean you'll die in childbirth nor are they a result of being anorectic or anorexic, it's a bone structure mostly. hips bones are an inheritable trait, if small hips were truly "freaks of nature" those women wouldn't have bred or passed down their bloodline so much.
---
i came to this page to see if there was something possible. i've had body issues for a while fueled by my dysphoria with my body, i naturally have wide hips and i'd find them beautiful on anyone else but they really don't fit my identity. i'm learning to come in terms with them and realizing they don't and shouldn't compromise my gender identity or devalue me as a person.

i think the people on this page should try too, it's not worth it honestly. i've had an eating disorder since the 4th grade (i'm a high school freshman now and it has only escalated) because of my early puberty and my overly-traditional feminine figure. it's all gone now and i'm nearly flat chested due to my low weight but the hip bones are still huge and there is nothing to do about it. i figured since a corset could reshape your ribs that maybe something also existed for hip bones but that is not the case.

i'm sure you are all lovely! and speaking from someone who likes people in general, hips aren't that bad honestly. and you will be grateful (my grandma has told me) that you have bigger hips when you're older as they may help you get around better. and for all those with slim hips, don't let that get you down either. a "real" man would love you regardless of a "major flaw" whether narrow hips or wide hips.
i hope you all find peace with yourselves soon <3
|
12 >>