Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Bumps On My Fingers In the Summer (Page 1)

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
I get these small bumps on my fingers, mainly my index fingers, every spring/summer when it gets warm out. It's ilke a rash but they are not red and they sort of cluster together. They don't itch, or really change at all except I get more of them. They only come out when it gets warm again so it can't be an alergic reaction, and it doesn't look like heat rash. It looks like a little colony of tiny wart-like bumps that spread down the lengths of my fingers and only my fingers. I can't figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mamabird20
|

replied June 18th, 2005
I Get Them Too!
I get them too!..

I know what you mean, and there no harm. I get them on my feet, too, and they're just a gather of moisture from the air is all. Or so my doctor tells me.

Just don't pick on them, put baby powder on them, and let them be- they're completely harmless :d
|

replied May 15th, 2009
i might get them!
haha im not sure if mine are the same or not, but i get bumps on my fingers and theyre just how you said, except they hurt sometimes. i dont know why haha
|

replied May 19th, 2009
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get little bumps on my index fingers then they start peeling its werd they are soo small and i have alot of them like towards the inside of my index finger? they dont hurt or anything what could this beee....
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied June 6th, 2009
Me too!
I have a little mass of them on the inside of my middle finger, 3 on my index, and one on my thumb. I was worried that they were warts because I've never had warts before.
|

replied June 9th, 2009
Baby Powder
I read this post, saw the comment about baby powder, tried it, and the next day the bumps were practically gone. This has been a problem of mine for the last few summers and I never knew how easy it would be to solve. Thanks.
|

replied June 15th, 2009
possibly pompholyx ?
This is so strange! I have had the same type of (clusters of) bumps for the last two weeks or so on the right side my left index finger and they recently spread to my thumb and middle fingers at first I thought it was a bug bite because it started out as a cluster of about five bumps that made a circle and was sparatically itchy but It did'nt have the characteristics of any of the bites I had ever seen or researched. so I did some more research and found out that it is probly some form of pompholyx. a skin condition that has these exact characteristics. I hav'nt been to a doctor to confirm this because I don't see the need but I hope this helps somebody!
|

replied June 1st, 2011
If they itch and they're small bumps, they could be bugs in your skin that burrow under and eat you. You have to go to the doctor. They aren't deadly, it's just kind of like lice for your skin. Go to the doctor and they'll give you a cream.
|

replied July 5th, 2009
Lol, me toooo.
I get them on my pointer finger and the side of my ring finger mostly (on the right side) I usually bite mine off... Hey.. I'm a teenage guy what do you expect??
|

replied July 5th, 2009
Hay Fever...?
I saw bumps on my fingers for the first time tonight and saw this link. Dosnt hurt but they are almost on all of my fingers on my right hand. I was wondering if this could have something to do with my allergies because I have hay fever allergy. Also it has been very hot here these past two weeks. Do any of you have some allergies?
|

replied July 6th, 2009
BABY POWDER???
i have the same thing, by baby powder do you mean the stuff you put on to dry yourself?? thanks
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
i have the same thing they only appear in the summer and itch sometimes and they are very small flesh colored and when i pick them there is a tiny bit of water or something in them then they dry up and then my skin peels i could never figure out what they were i only get them on the index thumb and sometimes middle fingers
|

replied March 20th, 2012
I have the exact same thing!For the first time now i scratched one cluster and now my skin peals. Therefore I went to see my doctor and she said it's a sort of eczema, she gave a cream, however I am a bit hesitant to use it, since i do not like to use any products unless I really need it.
Thanks for you post!
|

replied July 30th, 2009
I had this exact thing on my right index finger for atleast 10 years and counting..I think I had it the worst from what I hear from the rest of you guys. I had some summers in late July or August and these little bumps formed like transformer and grew into a big bump and looked like a big Ring Worm.

Definately going to try this baby powder treatment. Sad thing is I had doctors that had no idea what this was!
|

replied August 7th, 2009
if you have what i have, its this.

http://www.dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/pompho lyx.html
|

replied July 4th, 2011
I have these blisters that come up one at a time. I have only had a total of two so far and mine just started three weeks ago. Mine look a little like some of the pictures of the flesh colored ones but yet not really the same either so I don't know if it is the same thing or not.
|

replied April 3rd, 2010
I get them too!!
wow I''m glad I''m not the only one with this weird problem! I have been getting these bumps for quite a while now and they just come and go. I thought it was an allergic reaction to hand cream or laundry soap. i will definately try the baby powder. thanks Smile

mine are only on my fingers. they are a little sore and itchy sometimes. after a while they dry out (kinda like blisters). is this the same for any one else??
|

replied April 7th, 2011
the same!
Yes! Mine are the same, like little red bumps that are a little sore until they seem to dry out and peel like a blister. I have a bunch on the inside of my middle finger.
|

replied July 4th, 2011
Mine are like that also but I only get one small blister like bump at a time. I have only had two so far but mine just started about three weeks ago. Mine are also really firm almost as if there is a kernal of some kind inside and mine wont pop.
|

replied July 9th, 2011
Finally I found a bunch of people that got the same thing going on. All over my fingers on both hands. And yes, when you pop them, just a clear liquid comes out, eventually dries up and peels off. I though since it happens mostly in the summer, and I cut my grass twice a week, that it maybe something with the grass, bushes, garden, etc...
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
I found this thing called the zapper it helped me get rid of them for good!
there are a lot of sites on zappers so just google it. its not expensive. in fact I think you can even build one yourself if needed...
|

replied April 16th, 2010
Me 2
OMG!!! I have them too. I started to think something was wrong with me after I had taken some benadryle and they stayed. I came across this and started thinking that maybe it is so bad after all. I looked at the link glanzig provided but mines don''t look like any of the photos. IDK what to do...
|

replied July 24th, 2011
I had the same thing! It's a summer heat wave now, I had some mosquito bites and took benadryl. Now I have these bumps on my index finger on the left side. It started as one, but now there's a bunch, you can't really see them but if I ran my finger over your skin you'd feel it. It's itchy, but not like a mosquito bite. It looked like an allergic reaction or irritation of sorts...2 years ago I came into contact with poison oak, at first I thought that's what it was, coming back to haunt me years later. It's been a couple days with them, they are spreading, got a new bump near the top of the finger closer to the nail.
|

replied August 13th, 2011
glad I'm not alone!
This sounds EXACTLY like mine! I have to kind of turn my hand in the light to really see them. They started off just as one or two, but I woke up today with quite a selection! I am teaching swim lessons this summer, so I thought it had something to do with the pool.. I now am thinking it has more to do with this ridiculous heat! I also thought mine looked a bit like poison ivy, but I haven't been in contact with anything like that and they aren't that itchy. They sometimes get a little itchy and the ones on my palm are a little uncomfortable when I close my hand into a fist. For the most part, though, they are just kind of there.. I will be trying the baby powder to see if that helps!
|

replied August 24th, 2011
reporting back and baby powder does not seem to be working.. i tried sprinkling it on my hands for three nights in a row and still see no difference. i guess the next step is a visit to the doctor, much as i hate to go for something that seems so harmless! but it does make me uncomfortable. i don't want to shake or hold anyone's hand for fear they might feel the bumps!!
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied May 17th, 2010
A relief from the bumps on my fingers
well i recently got these little flesh color bumps that started from the index finger and spread to the other ones today, and i totally freaked out! It doesn't hurt, nor itch or has any pain, so I hoping it is what everyone else "has" lol but i read some response and bought baby powder, but i am not sure how you guys would apply it, like just powder it over your hands and leave it on, and it'll vanish by the next morning? hum... awkward solution but thanks. I'll give it a try!
|

replied May 26th, 2010
Solution?
Thanks for posting this! I noticed this small cluster of tiny bumps on my middle finger today and got a little panicked. I read up loads of different ideas but the most popular is that it is probably a type of eczema but did you find out if there is any way of getting rid of them? It's just that my prom is soon and wanted to get rid of them before prom. Thanks x
|

replied June 23rd, 2010
i have these weird bumps too, but i don't think they're pompholyx. They tend to appear in the summer, when it's hot, on my index fingers on both hands, and on my thumbs. They're flesh coloured bumps that appear slightly redder then the rest of my skin, they don't itch, but are slightly sore if you press them.....i really wanna know what they are Sad but atleast from this thread i now know others have them too.
|

replied June 28th, 2010
I have the exact same bumps...small, clustered and flesh coloured running down my index and middle finger on the left side. I noticed them today and was freaking out. I live in Canada, the weather has been very hot and humid during the day and cool and rainy during the past couple nights...anyone know what it is exactly? Hopefully it's nothing serious =(
|

replied June 29th, 2010
I have random tiny clusters of flesh colored, irritated bumps on the inside of some of my fingers on my right hand. It ends up popping on its own and it leaves small, rough, dry patches where they used to be. The patches stay for such a long time! It's been a month and they're still there. Now, more little bumps are showing up today. You can't really see then unless you come close. So annoying. I think I'll try the baby powder thing.
|