Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Second Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

I Don't Feel Like Eating

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi all
i am 24 weeks pregnant, last two weeks I was eating alot..I had a good apetite..For the past three days..I don't feel like eating..I force my self to finish my meals..And my daily apple.. I also feel pain in my stomack..
I feel my baby movment clearly.. So I think he is ok..

I am scared..Because I lost two pregnancies already one at 8 weeks and the other at 22 weeks (premature labor)...

Is it bad....What should I do.......
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Akshaya
|

replied June 13th, 2005
Hi, I am having the same problem. I am 18 weeks and I used to have a good appetite and now I have to make myself eat, I also have been getting stomach aches. I was getting worried to, but maybe its a normal phase of pregnancy? I've also had a miscarriage at 12 weeks. So I know how you feel, every time something new or different happens I get really freaked out.

I hope this helped

lily
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Thank you lily
i appreciate your reply..I feel pain in my stomack also..But it is getting better..Still I am not eating as much as I used to two weeks ago..But I hope I am eating enough for both of us..

Good luck
|

replied August 9th, 2005
Experienced User
I had the same thing im 25 weeks now but for like a week I didnt want to eat n had to force myself n I had pains in my belly as well..N the baby didnt move as much but mannn like a day ago I started eaten like crazy again n my boy moves more then nething lol its like he doesnt sleep so its prolly a normal stage
|

replied August 10th, 2005
Experienced User
I'm kinda going thru the same thing...When I was in my 1st trimester I ate a good bit then I slowed down...Still eat but just a couple times a day...Like i'll eat around 11 or so and maybe not again 'til like 4 or so then a 'lil snack like fruit or something. Like today I didn't eat 'til like 12 or 1 (had a sandwich and some purple seedles grapes)...And 2 glasses of chocolate milk....And i'm getting a 'lil hungry now but not too bad.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Dont worry ya'all im sure all is fine. Maybe really small meals, you might just be feeling too heavy after food.
Sounds like it could be a phase your going thru.
A lot of food does not sound good to me anymore, im only 6.5 weeks. From the first day--just some things I dont want to eat. No new cravings yet though yet.

I have never felt like not eating things--new to me too. I have been preg 10 times though.
|

Experienced User
You've been pregnant 10 times? Wow.....
So you have 10 kids? I didn't mean that
as a stupid question it's just that
i'm assuming all 10 times went well....
I don't know about you girls but everytime I eat
saucy foods such as spaghetti, pizza I get really sick
and end up throwing up (sorry about too much info)
and those are the foods I love.....
Does that happen with you? Maybe even with another kind
of food?!?!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Preg now, 3 living and 5 miscarriages, 1 molar pregnancy with decesed fetus.

Spaghetti sause, tomatoe soup. Pizza suase always made me sick most all of the pregnancy. Never threw up, but severely nauseas. Hasnt bothered me much yet this time though. Only 6.5 weeks. I love these honey bbq fritos and now they are too salty and sweets, eventhough im diabetic the sweeter the better, now I dont like them at all.
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Experienced User
I have been told that if you walk into a meal with the theory "eating for two" all you're going to do is over eat and gain weight. I am a very petite woman (started out at 95lbs 5 foot 2 and here I am 13 weeks and only 110) and the doctor told me to eat maybe 5 or 6 times a day in small meals (bowl of ceral, half a sandwich, etc.) she said eat when you're hungry but don't stress when you're not because that won't help anything either. She said that as long as i'm taking my vitamins the baby's getting that. On the other hand, if you haven't eaten all morning or all afternoon, try to just eat a piece of fruit. It's not very filling but it'll give you nutrients instead of just food. Hope that helps
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Yeah you want to try and eat a couple meals a day, but don't like gorge out on food.
|

replied July 24th, 2008
Hello,
Well im 22 weeks and im still getting morning sickness and i have not be that hungry. I have good days and bad days, Some days i want to eat everything and then there are days i just feel like not eating. When i eat alot me moves alot and i love that feeling and the days he is not moving scares me. I just need to know if this is all normal this is my first pregnancy.
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2008
Experienced User
suggestion
I wouldn't worry. I have had many times during my pregnancy so far that I really didn't feel like eating. In the begining of my second trimester I had indegestion real bad. I would eat and then feel bloated, like i was about to pop. The same thing is hapenign to me now in the middle of the third trimester. I have found that drinking about a half a glass of club soda or soda water helps tremendously! All those foods that used to trigger symptoms for me are ok again thanks to soda water. (It doesn't really taste all that good but it's more than worth it, and usually really cheap to buy)
I hope this helps!
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2008
Experienced User
I barely got through a meal a day when I was pregnant due to morning sickness. Your baby can survive and be healthy even if you eat only one meal every 2 days. Thats what all the dr's told me. The pains your feeling are probably your bodys reaction to the sudden drop in quantity of food intake.
|

replied August 6th, 2009
I dont feel like eating anything
Hi all
I am 8 weeks preganant.I am week a little. I feel tired too much i dont feel like eating and i dont no wat to eat sometimes my husband is worried. We are newly married. Pls suggest me something............

Akshaya
|

replied January 3rd, 2010
Hi!
I just found out I am pregnant about two weeks ago. Have my first Dr. appointment this week to find out exactly how far along I am. Somewhere between 5 and 7 weeks I believe. About 4 days ago I started feeling like I didn't want to eat. Still have the cramps which I hear is normal at the start, but now almost everything I eat makes me sick. Yogurt and chicken are fine, but everything else makes me have to lay down so I don't throw it up. So now I've lost interest in eating. IS this normal. It has me worried cause I thought I was suppose to be eating more.

Later Emily.
|

replied January 5th, 2010
Hi,
I am 14 weeks pregnant and I don't feel like cooking anything.I don't understand what to cook daily and its very depressing for me.Is this normal???
|