Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Twitching

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 33 weeks and have been experiencing the baby "twitching". Not the normal rolls and kicks I have been used to feeling. Has anyone else had this? I don't remember this feeling in my first pregnancy, but it was 6-years ago. I just need some re-assurance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 11th, 2005
Experienced User
I know exactly what your talking about. Alot of the other girls I talk to who are pregnant have it frequently, I haven't had it to much in my pregnancy though. (im 30 wks) but it is the baby having hiccups. Some people describe it like its shaking or almost like baby is having a seizure feeling. Don't worry it's totally normal it is from the baby drinking amniotic fluid and then developing hiccups. It's totally normal. Hth!
|

replied June 11th, 2005
Twitching
I thought that to at first, but when she gets the hiccups, they are like a pattern and are more than one. This is when she is in the middle of moving around, so I dont think its that. But thanks for the advise. Maybe it is for all I know. I'm just a worry wart!!
|

replied August 8th, 2005
I was 32 weeks at the time when I was brought into hospital dehydrated and had high ketones. One of the midwives came round to check my blood pressure and to listen to the babies heart beat and could hear the lil one having a case of the hiccups and I could hear it also....She said it was nothing to worry about so then I lay back and listened some more, I found it cute...But it didn't last too long.
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Experienced User
My baby nearly has daily hiccups...Aparrently he's trying to exercise breathing and takes in too much amniotic fluid...I think it's too cute for words :lol:
|

replied September 16th, 2005
"twitching"
I think I know what u mean, i'm almost 35 and every once in a while my belly will quake and tremble (other than the kicking). I have no idea what it is, sorry. But i'm not too concerned about it. Any movement is better than none, in my opinion.
|

replied August 9th, 2010
feeling like your baby is having a seizure
I am almost 31 wks and I have this 2 I went searching more and found this (link below) it makes sense I hope it helps you as well. I am still going to ask my doctor and I have a u/s coming up soon as well.
|