Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Can An Eating Disorder Give U Ulcers?

Must Read
Stomach ulcers affect almost half of adults over 50. But what is an ulcer? And what types of ulcers do people experience? Basic info on ulcers here....
Common causes of ulcers can be easily avoided. What causes a stomach ulcer? And who is at risk of developing an ulcer? More information here....
Stomach ache is common, but comfort caused by an ulcer is distinct and lasting. Learn to identify symptoms of ulcers and know when to get medical help....
I think my bf has a eating disorder and he has had it before....Well he told my friend the other day that he didn't eat ne thing for about 5 or 6 days...Well the other day he said he got sick after eating a hamburber from mc donalds and he threw up and there was blood in it well the doc told him he had ulcers and to keep an eye on them...He doesn't know I know but can an eating disorder cause ulcers and what should I do for him... Love, courtney
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 11th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes, not eating can result in ulcers. Right now, if he has an ed, the best thing is to give him your love and support and convince him to see a Dr. The consequences of an eating disoder are too great.
|

replied June 11th, 2005
Well he finally admitted to me he's bulimic....He has been for 6 or 7 months and I talked to him about it....He's not allowed to eat...His doc told him not to because it will make the ulcers get worse....But he told me he would try to eat when he could...And when the doc asked him if he was eating he said yes....And he lied and his mom doesn't know....He knows i'm there for him I even told him last night...So what do I do now? :cry:
|

replied June 11th, 2005
Experienced User
Wait i'm sorta confused. The doc told him not to eat and he is eating? Or the doc told him to eat and he is not?
Sorry, post again with this and I will try my best to respond.

However, if he has bulimia, lkike I said he needs to know you are there for him. No matter what. If he told you he has an ed, he is reaching out for help. It is your duty to reach back for him, encourage him to lead a happier life.
Good luck with thius and keep me posted on how he is. I hope you are ok.
|

replied June 12th, 2005
Ok he told the doctor he was eating when the doc asked if he was eating or not...He lied to the doctor kinda cause he is eating but he's throwing it up.....But the doctor told him at the end of the appointment not to eat for a few days because it would make his ulcers worse.....And he told me as soon as he could eat again he would try to....Today he's able to eat again...He im'd me online and told me he ate something and I made him promise me not to throw it up.... And he said "it's embarrasing knowing my girlfiend knows I have an eating disorder..." I told him " people get them everyday...It's not like I think ur weird...I'm trying to help you.." and he said "thank you.." I hope he won't break his promise though because when he promised me he'd stop cutting...He stopped.... But no matter what i'll b there for him... Hope u understood that...Sry bout last time I was frustrated....
|