Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Right Side Ache

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
I am 49 - have been a drinker since 20 - last 10 years about 4 evenings a week 2 to 3 whiskey doubles between 9:00 pm and midnight. Physically active but slowing down a bit. Weight was 190 in 1980 to 1995, was 195 in '95 and is 202 in 2005. Squash once a week, some hockey, golf, skiing, etc. Predominantly business work and traveled a great deal '94 - '02. Large complex business reengineering work - should be fun and I like what I do but maybe just maybe I have run the course - hard business - hard road, etc.???

I have had an intermittent ache on my right side from the lowest rib to 3 to 4 inches below for about 7 months. The ache has been about every 5 to 7 days. It would seem more sensitive when I played hockey and shot from my right side or when I played squash. Perhaps I fooled myself that it was muscular but there is now something unfamiliar at the bottom of my right rib - an ache, a nagging reminder. Recently (the last week) the ache has turned more persistant - every day for 6 to 8 hours but not debilitating, not bothersome yet it exists. It seems to be partially relieved when I have a bowel movement - not entirely but 70% gone.

I am now going to schedule an appointment with my gp and I believe he will condemn my liver. On the other hand it could be my gall bladder?!

One incident - about 1 year ago I had an episode while away on vacation where my right side became quite sensitive and sore for about 2 days - perhaps acute - I attributed it to eating a great deal of various peanuts over the previous 3 days. It went away and there were no extenuating circumstances.

So here I am ready to go to my gp and confess that my drinking has caught up and my liver is toast. Perhaps a fatty liver and I need to take 6 weeks off and normalize my drinking to 2 evenings a week and not too much at a time forevermore???

Healthy, almost wealthy, vibrant, lust for life and where am i? I want to live - maybe no drink period?

Any takers...
|

replied July 9th, 2010
right sided pain
I have been looking all over the internet about the exact same symptoms and you have my symptoms. I to am a drinker and thinking its my liver but i deal with this constant ach on my right side and have been for 8 monthes. now its in my stomach and i feel it more when i cough. what could it be?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 6th, 2013
Appendicitis or pain pump failure?
I have been having pain and nausea off and on for a few week now. I went to the Dr. Tuesday to get a blood test. Thot it might be appendix. She said I had a high white blood count and a bacteria infection. Have been taking antiobiotics for about 3 days now and can't tell much difference. What really concerns me is that I have a "pain pump" on my right side too. I have been having low back pain with this too and since I have a pain pump, I am not suppose to be having ANY back or leg pain. I have morphine in the pain pump. I'm hoping my pain pump is not "leaking" or pulled loose. Any body out there with a similar problem?
|
Did you find this post helpful?