Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

I'm 5 Months Pregnant... And... Nobody Knows It, But Me. (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi... I'll be 17 years old on october 20th, and i'm 5 months pregnant. I'm scared to death to tell my parents, because they have already threatened my boyfriend and I about it... And what would happen. So now i'm worried about my baby, since I haven't been to the doctor this entire time! Should my boyfriend try to take me to see a doctor since he is 19, and i'm 16 (or would he be able to??) ... Or should I just wait until my parents figure it out?? Please help... I'm so scared! Thanks.

Krysti
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 9th, 2005
Yikes
I am telling you now that you need to find some way to get to the doctor. I know that it can be a scary thing to tell your parents that you are pregnant. Let me tell you it was no pic-nic telling mine and I am 19 and married, but for the health of your child...You need to see a doctor and soon. There are a lot of tests they will want to run and ultrasounds. I am almost 5 months and I have been to the doctor every month. I don't know for sure if your boyfriend can take you to the doctor or not because he isn't your parent but I bet if you try calling or going to a planned parenthood near you they could help you out. Let us know how it goes!
|

replied June 9th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Youre being irresponsible and selfish
yes you should go to the doctor.
You shuld tell your parents also.
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2005
Community Volunteer
Re: I'm 5 Months Pregnant... And... Nobody Knows It, But Me.
ur_dream_girl07 wrote:
hi... I'll be 17 years old on october 20th, and i'm 5 months pregnant. I'm scared to death to tell my parents, because they have already threatened my boyfriend and I about it... And what would happen. So now i'm worried about my baby, since I haven't been to the doctor this entire time! Should my boyfriend try to take me to see a doctor since he is 19, and i'm 16 (or would he be able to??) ... Or should I just wait until my parents figure it out?? Please help... I'm so scared! Thanks.

Krysti

i think at your age you can go to the doc on your own. Up in canada after 14 you don;t need parental consent. Get to a doc's soon. I hope you have been taking your vitamins and stuff at least. By 5 months, you should have aleady had ultrasounds, and all kinds of tests.
|

replied June 9th, 2005
Experienced User
Well look I dont know bout the us, but in spam unapproved where I live its ok for a 19 year old to be with a 16 year old, I mean I was 14 going out with a 15 year old,

i honestly think you have to tell your parents now, they will be more hurt knowing that you didnt tell them sooner rather than u being pregnant,

most parents do get over the anger and come to support you're decision.

And yes im sure you're boyfriend will be able to go with you to the doctor, theres no reason why not considering your 16 which should be old enough,

good luck with everything and i'm here for you
|

replied June 10th, 2005
Experienced User
All I have to say is doctor now!!!!!!!
|

replied June 11th, 2005
seksihily wrote:
youre being irresponsible and selfish

that's mean! It's easier said then done. My parents have told me a similar thing and its not a fun thing to come to terms with.
|

replied June 11th, 2005
ur_dream_girl07 wrote:
hi... I'll be 17 years old on october 20th, and i'm 5 months pregnant. I'm scared to death to tell my parents, because they have already threatened my boyfriend and I about it... And what would happen. So now i'm worried about my baby, since I haven't been to the doctor this entire time! Should my boyfriend try to take me to see a doctor since he is 19, and i'm 16 (or would he be able to??) ... Or should I just wait until my parents figure it out?? Please help... I'm so scared! Thanks.

Krysti

please get yourself to a dr as soon as possible. Have you taken vitamins?
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
twinklefairy wrote:
seksihily wrote:
youre being irresponsible and selfish

that's mean! It's easier said then done. My parents have told me a similar thing and its not a fun thing to come to terms with.

it's not mean, it's the truth. U can't just neglect ur baby because ur scared. If ur not gonna tell ur parents, at least go to the doctor. U can figure out about the whole parent thing later. Just make sure the baby is ok!
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2005
Community Volunteer
justacanadiangirl wrote:

it's not mean, it's the truth. U can't just neglect ur baby because ur scared. If ur not gonna tell ur parents, at least go to the doctor. U can figure out about the whole parent thing later. Just make sure the baby is ok!

hey baby gurl! Thank god our forum's done with the darn upgrades!!!

C-ya there!!
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
justacanadiangirl wrote:

C-ya there!!

lol no kidding! Thank god... :) too much drama here for my liking
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
lil_blaze2004 wrote:

where's that?
|

replied June 14th, 2005
Woohoo...We're back online :)
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Please get yourself to a dr as soon as possible. Have you taken vitamins?[/quote]

i'm working on finding a doctor, and if all else fails then I will tell my parents so they can help me out and take me. And, yes, I am taking prenatal vitamins.
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Look at it this way ur parents are gonna find out one way or another, are they gonna be more mad if u tell them now or if u say in 4 mo. Geez I have a tummy ache maybe I should go to the doc mom.
|

replied June 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Absolutely tell your parents right away! How are you going to prepare? The baby's going to be born and you'll need a crib, car seat, clothes, etc etc

plus, they need time to adjust to the change too.

Don't worry.. Your parents will love you no matter what, and if they have time to prepare for their grandbaby, then it will be a happy time, not an uncomfertable one..

And you owe that to your baby as well as yourself ;]
|

replied June 30th, 2005
You must tell your parents. Are you living with them still? They haven't noticed your tummy? Decide who it's easier to tell first whether it be your mom or your dad. After you tell one person (and after they stop over-reacting) they can support you while you tell the other person. I'm 23 and umarried and when I told my mother it wasn't a big deal, and she kinda helped me tell my dad who i'm not close with. Then I told all my other relatives and no one looked down upon me. The times are changing and i've read reports that say that 1/3 of families are known as un-traditional familes (unmarried, seperated, divorced, father abandoned family, etc.), so your parents should be understanding enough for you.

You need to see an obgyn pronto. I started seeing a doc my third week, quit drinking coffee and started taking multi vitamins. I hope that since you haven't seen a doc all this time you've researched on the net how you should take care of yourself during pregnancy. Good luck.
|

replied June 30th, 2005
Also, don't be discouraged about seeing a doc and having to tell them that you're unmarried and 16. The obgyns i've encountered including their nurses/medical assistants are the nicest docs i've ever met in my life. I never go to the doc, but i'm always excited to go to my monthly appts.

You've missed a couple of scheduled tests already so I don't know how that'lll affect you (you've missed a blood draw at 18 weeks to measure your afp levels, a couple ultrasounds, and sometime during your 24-26 week you should be starting your glucose testing).

If you need financial help, the doc's office may put you on sliding scale to reduce how much you have to pay based on how much you make, there's also a maternal card of some sort that helps pay for costs, and welfare. If your parents have insurence, you may be covered under your parents plan. I work full-time but i'm under my mom's plan because it's way cheaper being in a family plan and they cover my obgyn costs until the baby is born. For me, i've already met my deductible for the year and any additional doc appt are covered 100%. So there's another plausible reason why you'd want to mention it to your parents.

Again, good luck.
|

replied July 4th, 2005
I'm scared to tell my parents too.
Go to planned parenthood.
Write your parents a letter about it
it'll give them time to think about it and get over the shock of it all
before coming face-to-face with you.
Plus they can't interrupt you
just put it all on paper and leave it somewhere.
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
mom2trevor wrote:
woohoo...We're back online :)

here here m2t :d lol
|