Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

White Urine, Any Advice Appreciated.

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Occasionally when i'm urinating, at some point during the stream it will turn cloudy and somewhat white.. It is never like this for the whole stream, and it does not happen every time I urinate... In fact there are times where it doesnt happen for days, sometimes weeks... I dont think it is semen because I do ejactulate pretty regularly... It does not burn or cause pain either, I was just wondering if this is anything I should be concerned about? Maybe something life threatening that I need to have checked immediatly? ; ; any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Chrono114
|

replied June 25th, 2005
Re: White Urine, Any Advice Appreciated.
This happened with my 5 year old son. I took him to the doctors immediately!! But there was no reason to worry. White or cloudy urine is most commonly a result of phosphaturia (hope I spelled it right!!). This is a benign condition in which excess amorphous phosphate crystals form in urine. Phosphaturia is usually intermittent, occurring following a meal or after ingesting a large quantity of milk. Adding a drop of acetic acid to the urine sample will result in immediate clearing of the urine. White urine is sometimes due to pyuria (abundant white blood cells) in association with an infection of the urinary tract. White cloudy urine can rarely be due to chyluria (lymph fluid), resulting from a communication with between the lymphatic system and the urinary tract. Hope this helps :)
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Chrono114, I am having the same problem!

Not all the time, mostly in the morning around 10ish! Sometimes it is really noticable while urinating! Comes, and goes while urinating, but when it comes you can see it!

Sometimes at the very end it is really white, not a gist of yellow... I myself am kinda worried! What could this be? It has been happening on and off for a few weeks now, and havent went to see a doctor about it!

I thought it would go away!

See: freckles21601, said after ingesting a large quantity of milk! Well I do drink mil in the morning "every morning"........

So what do you think I should do? See a doctor? Or let it go...? Doesn't sound like a good idea...

Any news on you?
|

replied July 1st, 2005
Hey all, sorry I havent checked this post in awhile ^^ thanks for all the feedback so far. It had stopped happening to me for a good week, and sure enough once I stop worrying its back again, and im still as clueless as I was before ; ;

there's no pain or discomfort of any kind which I assume is a good thing.. My biggest fear though, is that this is just the start of something serious, possibly fatal. I'm only 19 and ever since about 2 years ago i've also been a pretty bad hypocondriac. So when things like this happen I make them really bad, heh :\

when I first noticed it, I did go to the doctor and I had blood work and a urine sample takin. Both came back fine. I think the main thing thats causing this though is my inactive lifestyle. For the last 2 years or so (since I started being paranoid) I havent really gone out or done as much as I used to. I used to be insanely active and out all hours of the night. Do you think maybe that could be it? Are you inactive as well mheinjr?

Edit: sorry I neglected to answer ur question mhein, I would suggest you go see a doctor just to make sure its nothing serious. I think a urologist would be best, I think I am going to see one as well.
Also, just to get these diseases off my mind, can someone please just tell me if this sounds like prostate cancer or some kind of kidney problem? ; ;
|

replied July 2nd, 2005
Well, I eat cerial every morning! And after the post of drinking alot of milk I have stopped eating cerial! Reason being is because really the only time it happens is after I eat cerial probubly 2 hours later at like 10:00! So I am going to try this and see what hapens!

I am a active person! Work 40+ hours a week, and go out with friends to clubs etc.... So I don't think that is the problem!
|

replied October 18th, 2007
I have the same problem. I live a active life. The white stuff in my urine was really thick and just sat it the water. It somewhat looks like seman but i dont see how it could be, i ejaculate regularly. It just started today and it was only a little bit once. It has me really worried that it is a more serious problem. I am only 17 so i dont see it being prostate cancer.
|

replied November 14th, 2007
Experienced User
i used to have white cloudy urine although with other symptoms i got it checked out and it was a u.t.i , i would suggest the best option is to talk to your doctor and tell him whats going wrong for a professional answer.
|

replied January 31st, 2010
I have the same problem but I've noticed that it only happens when it's really cold, could it be weather related?
|

replied March 23rd, 2010
I had an inflamed prostate in december which after antibiotics cleared but then returned in February which resulted in more antibiotics for 3 weeks. I then had a cystoscopy which show abnormalities and the urne samples were clear. That was a few weeks ago. Now my urethra stings and I'm getting a bit of stinging in my bladder. As a result Ive just had another urine test which has come back with small traces of ecoli. Ive been told to drink lots of water. Will that clear it. I was going to drink lots of cranberry juice, but have been told that although it is good that bacteria like acid enviroments. Can anyone help. Androz
|

replied June 17th, 2010
I have a bowel movement while doing that i am peeing alot of white pee. Before that my pee was yellow but after the bowel movement my pee was white. I pee like 1 min everytime of white pee. I put my finger up my anus and check and there is liquid faeces like really liquid not that mushy but liquid dirty on my finger. Usually normal people before their bowel movement you will fell the faeces going to come out. But my pee will change colour to white and i while pee alot but i do not feel that i will have a bowel movement. Please help me!
|

replied September 27th, 2010
RE: cloudy urine
this happens to me usually at night before bed, or when i wake up. My mom, and I now that i'm "independent", call it 'sugar pee' due to the fact that if i drink a lot of pop or kool-aid, this will happen, and if I don't try and slosh my bladder around and mix it a bit before urinating, it will all come out at the very end, and leave a slight, and sometimes unbearable burning sensation in my urinary tract. This however can be taken care of by slamming a tall glass of water and peeing again to clear out the build-up.
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
White or Cloudy Urine
I found this article quite helpful! Hope it will help all of you! Smile
http://www.helium.com/items/300617-cloudy- urine-when-to-worry
|

User Profile
replied October 4th, 2011
this heppens to me i freeked out!!

but reading this makes me feel a lot better! i hope all is well. i'm going to see a Sex Dr and get tested though and also going to my doctor to ask about the phosphaturia problem Smile hope all is good.
|

replied October 9th, 2012
Normal pee then at the end it turns white and cloudy
Just happened to me. i have sex and masturbate frequently (Last Night @ 2 in the morning)I got up and went to class at 9 and then spent some time with my ex girlfriend which was quite hot and became sticky. I also had milk this morning for breakfast and i rarely drink water.. The urine was yellow at first and at the end i felt a little tingling and looked down and saw this white liquid flowing out.. I was about to see the doctor but now reading your questions and answers I'm quite relieved and will do some experimenting. THANK YOU GUYS A WHOLE LOAD!!!
|

replied June 9th, 2013
HI ALL please help me my urine is white today i feel very feverish and i get pin prick pains twitchs also feels like sumthing is moving around in my rectum at times i get heart pulpertion alot aswell can anyone tell me wot they think bottom right side of stomach hurts now and again and low sex drive
|

replied June 9th, 2013
also i only ejaculate around a teasppon of sperm
|
Tags: urine, bladder
Quick Reply