Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

the Pull Out Method (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
H I everyone. I am 19 years old, and happily married. My husband and I are not trying to get pregnant, neither are we very careful not to. I would love to have a baby. I pretty much raised my neice so I know what I am getting myself into and we have a house and are finacially sound so if it happened i'd be thrilled. Hubby on the other hand doesn't mind waiting a few years but always says if it happens then it would be great. We just haven't offically started trying yet. Anyways my question is how likely am I to get pregnant with the pull out method? I know its not a form of birth control and that it is easy to get pregnant with it but my question is how easy? Say having sex at least once a day with him just pulling out at the last minute? Any response would be appreciated
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper InternetOWNAGEBOMB
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
I've been using the pull out method with the guy i've been seeing for the last 6 months now and I haven't gotten pg, although there have been a couple scares once just recently but thats because he didn't pull out :roll: there seems to be quite a bit of debate when it comes to this, some saying that its pretty high risk while others just say that theres a slight chance, but of course it is possible to get pg using this method i'm not sure what the percentage of a risk it would be though. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 7th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah my husband and I have been doing it for like 6 months as well and we've also had a couple of a scares but still never pregnant. I mean my doctor tells me you can get pregnant I just have never personally heard of anyone actually conceving.. Has anyone either gotton pregnant or personally known someone who has?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 9th, 2005
Experienced User
vanessalouanne wrote:
yeah my husband and I have been doing it for like 6 months as well and we've also had a couple of a scares but still never pregnant. I mean my doctor tells me you can get pregnant I just have never personally heard of anyone actually conceving.. Has anyone either gotton pregnant or personally known someone who has?
no I havn't ever heard of anyone eithier.. My b/f and I used that method for about 2 years and I never got pregnant. However I am now but we didn't pull out lol.. Alot of people say you can b/c of pre-cum
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2005
Community Volunteer
My son is due in 2 weeks and I don;t know if it was the pull out method or hubby coming in me. Pull out's not foolproof but I am allergic to latex and ended up pregnant on the pill twice as a teen (i miscarried both times) hubby and I had been using the pull-out method on and off for about 3 1/2yrs when I got pregnant.

I belong to another forum and 2 of the girls there are preggo from the pull out method (well one just had her baby last week)

you can get pregnant from pre-come.

If you don't want to get pregnant don';t use that method unless there is a medical reason it's the only one. Ie: allergies!!!! Lol
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 10th, 2005
Quote:
pull out's not foolproof but I am allergic to latex and ended up pregnant on the pill twice as a teen


for being as well informed as you seem to think you are, you apparently are unaware of polyurethane condoms, which are made for people who are allergic to latex.



Quote:
if you don't want to get pregnant don';t use that method unless there is a medical reason it's the only one. Ie: allergies!!!! Lol


allergies are no excuse. Any pharmacist, doctor, or intelligent person would tell you to go for poly condoms.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2005
Community Volunteer
laurianna wrote:
Quote:
pull out's not foolproof but I am allergic to latex and ended up pregnant on the pill twice as a teen


for being as well informed as you seem to think you are, you apparently are unaware of polyurethane condoms, which are made for people who are allergic to latex.





Quote:
if you don't want to get pregnant don';t use that method unless there is a medical reason it's the only one. Ie: allergies!!!! Lol


allergies are no excuse. Any pharmacist, doctor, or intelligent person would tell you to go for poly condoms.


you think I didn't look? I went to about 15 diff pharmacies and none of them carried them. Maybe they are more common in the states.

Also I am a grown woman with a husband, great job and home, getting pregnant was not a concern to me!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 10th, 2005
I say its highly unlikely if he hasn't cum inside of you but, then again i'm 17 and me and boyfriend have been using that method and im soo stupid for it too because im not ready for children nor do I want one at this age. I hope eveyrthings works out for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi vanessa, yes its me 3kizz. I hope you are not sick of me yet. Anyway I got pregnant with my vanessa with that method. Its rare but it can happen.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 30th, 2005
Pull Out?
I'm just wondering if all you "pull out method" people ever heard of pre- ejaculate? Yes it can happen to you! A man doesn't just come when he orgasims.. Pre-ejaculate comes out during intercourse and it filled with live sperm waiting for you!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied July 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
You shouldn't have your man pull out all the time he has to release himself, that's wrong. Just use condoms or get on birth control.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 22nd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Oh trust me he still gets off, just cums on your chest or what not. I wouldnt give him blueballs like that. Anyways were ttc now so this isnt an issue anymore. I was just curious at the time.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Oh me and my husband don't do that if we don't do it long enough for him to cum that's it but most of the time we go long enough for him to be able to. I'm 3 months pregnant...Good luck ttc :)
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 22nd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks! Good luck with your pregnancy

:d
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 14th, 2005
vanessalouanne wrote:
yeah my husband and I have been doing it for like 6 months as well and we've also had a couple of a scares but still never pregnant. I mean my doctor tells me you can get pregnant I just have never personally heard of anyone actually conceving.. Has anyone either gotton pregnant or personally known someone who has?


i did. I still wonder how it happened. At the time dh & I weren't married. Ever since being married we've taken many chances with the pull out method & never got pregnant. Got pregnant when the condom broke, but never the pull out. Odd.............
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 14th, 2005
Experienced User
Me and my now hubby used the pull out method for 3 years, never even had a scare, now we are ttc #2 but it makes me wonder if I can get preg :? Thats a long time with out even a scare :lol:
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
The only stat I have is for person's under the age of 18. If you are under 18 and relying on withdrawal, you have a 90% chance of becomming pregnant within a full year's time.

It only slightly decreases for older individuals. The withdrawal method, is not considered a real method of birth control because it is vastly ineffective. It also depends on when you are ovulating, stress levels, etc. As to whether you become pregnant sooner rather than later. In a given month, a woman only has 24-48 hours in which she can become pregnant after ovulation. If you have sex during that time frame, you are more likely to become pregnant.

However, even if an egg is fertilized, you still may not become pregnant. Fertilized pre-embryo's fail to successfully implant in the uterus about 2/3 of the time. The uterus is still quite an inhospitable place and does not generally like sperm. So, in a given month, assuming you catch the right time shortly after ovulation, you only have about a 33% of becomming pregnant, possibly less if he is withdrawing though the chance still exists. The number of women becomming pregnant every month are more a testament of just how many people are having sex than they are of how fertile we are as a species.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 11th, 2005
The stat for people under 18 is not entirely correct. I never got pregnant with the "pull out" method and I have been sexually active since I was 15 (im 19 now), and I never got pregnant until me and my fiance planned it. Same with my sister she and her fiance have been sexually active since she was 16 (she is 21 now) and she still isnt pregnant and we all used the pull-out method. I know it doesnt work for some but I think 90% is way to high. I know alot of people who havent gotten pregnant and don't use protection.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Re: the Pull Out Method
vanessalouanne wrote:
h I everyone. I am 19 years old, and happily married. My husband and I are not trying to get pregnant, neither are we very careful not to. I would love to have a baby. I pretty much raised my neice so I know what I am getting myself into and we have a house and are finacially sound so if it happened i'd be thrilled. Hubby on the other hand doesn't mind waiting a few years but always says if it happens then it would be great. We just haven't offically started trying yet. Anyways my question is how likely am I to get pregnant with the pull out method? I know its not a form of birth control and that it is easy to get pregnant with it but my question is how easy? Say having sex at least once a day with him just pulling out at the last minute? Any response would be appreciated
thanks


um hi, is it safe to come in here? Lol anyways... Thought I mightbe able to help just a little, I know that any average couple has about a 20-30% at best chance of conceiving each month trying the normal ways so my guess is that is alot less than that if using the pull out method since there would only be a very small amount of semen if any, and many of the sperm die before they reach the egg. So I would say that if a baby would be fine although you arent technically trying then keep doing what you are doing! Good luck to you!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
12 >>