Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Nerve In Eye Lid Twitching!

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
User Profile
My turn for a question! My right upper eye lid, has begun to have a little twitch. To me, it feels as though I am winking at someone.I know its nerve related but???? Its bareley noticeable to others, but its driving me nuts. This is not a continuous thing, but it occurs two-three times an hour. I can pull on my eyelashes and this makes it stop for a few minutes, but then it starts again. Anyone have a clue what this could be? Going to pearle vision for annual eye exam next week, was just curious to find something out sooner than next week! All answers appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper pyrocrafter
|

replied November 12th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I think it is just the nerve reactions. Maybe rub your eye when you get it. I used to have it and I felt so funny with it twitching. I would rub it or pull my eye lid, but rubbing it helped more.
|

replied May 20th, 2009
Eyelid twitching
I've come to realise over the years, that everytime I get a twitchy eyelid, it's due to tiredness - lack of sleep!
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2009
Experienced User
its mineral inbalance, i had it i have eliminated it!
|

replied May 20th, 2009
Eye twitchingq
timeisshort wrote:
its mineral inbalance, i had it i have eliminated it!

That's good. What minerals? Magnesium?
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2009
Experienced User
not nessesarily but inclusive, the subtle symptoms are linked to several mineral balances which is all related to thyroid function. if you take magnesium on it's own you run the risk of causing another inbalance of other minerals this can cause one to enter a hyper thyroid state which is the worst. the best place to learn about balance that i have found is an educational site ithyroid.com then with this you can start to use symptomatic diagnosis to recognise your deficiencies. i always use himalayan salt to get my broad spectrum of minerals along with a good form of filtered water hydration & then supliment with what is nessesary to balance all functions it is also beneficial to alkalize correctly, this helps eliminate any toxic build up & allows the body to self heal faster. I have cfs, alergies & have been able to stop heart arithmias,etc , asthma,improve sleep paterns,eliminate some allergies ( now can tollerate wheat & glutenous grains)don't suffer with pancreatitis,lowered blood pressure & eliminated nasal polyps there are others. the trick is balance. All this has been achieved woth out the use of any prescription or orthodox medecine.but i have studied this for over two yrs & that is crucial to get it right. I'm not cured of cfs but im a long way closer than when diagnosed over 10yrs ago. now on good days i am able to be involved with community services.
|

replied May 20th, 2009
Eyelid twitching etc.
That is very interesting. I will go to that website. I always look for alternative remedies. Always avoiding GP's symptom disguising prescriptions wherever possible, in favour of sorting out the whole body naturally with homoeopathy and natural remedies. My husband and sister have both had CFS and are almost completely cured from using homoeopathy. Although, their symptoms will occasionally rear their ugly heads when they become unwell - out of balance again! Good luck with your continuing good health.
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2009
Experienced User
have you seen my post on cfs & helicobacter pylori that is good info too, im currently coursing treatment for this as a process of elimination.
God Bless!
|
Quick Reply