Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Has Anyonelost a Loved One to Sle

Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
I am new to this and what I need is understanding maybe someone can help as you have noticed my name on here is mymomtheangel my mom passed a little over a year ago she went to all the dr's including a lupus Dr. She was in a breakout and the Dr. Acted like he didnt even want to look at her. She wasa in so much pain I dont remember a time she didnt need meds to do little things that everyone takes for granted like getting out of bed in the morning. There is a funny side to my story kinda she went to see her dr on friday he told her she had 10 months she was in the last stages of lupus and she needed to get ready she lost her battle the next tuesday its kinda funny but it was one of those you had to be there.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2005
Hi
I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing. My mom was diagnosed in 1997 and then I was finally diagnosed in 2003 after an initial diagnosis of sjogren's syndrome and migratory arthritis..... It's tough sometimes but fortunately god has kept a hedge of protection around me and my mom.

Don't get me wrong we have had some hard times, battling blood clots, kidney disease, joint pains, fainting spells, fluid on the knee (numerous times).... The list goes on and on between us.

I just wanted you to know that I sympathize with you because everyday I dread the fact that I could get a phone call saying that mom had taken a terrible turn for the worst and that she could be snatched away from me in a blink of an eye! I just pray because I am a witness that prayer and faith can truly protect and keep you when you know who jesus is and the promises that god has made to each and every one of us!!!
|

replied June 19th, 2009
Lupus
I lost my 13 year son due to SLE. He was diagnoses and 11 days later he died of a brain hemmorage related to lupus. We had just been told that his kidneys were comming back and that he would be home from the hospital in a week once his blood pressure was better under control. The night before he died he had a headache and vomitting but no CAT scan was performed. I miss my son every minute of every day. My heart goes out to you as well
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
Hi,
I am very sorry to hear about your mother. I can understand what you are going through as I too lost my mother to SLE 9 years ago when I was 14. She battled for a long time before being diagnosed too.I miss her every day and wish that I had understood and sympathised more about her illness when she was alive but I was young. Loosing someone is always hard, but lupus is a cruel illness that can strike at any moment. I wish it was a wider known topic as people do not realise how bad it can be or how hard it is on the family and loved ones.
|

replied January 3rd, 2012
lost a loved one to lupus
I feel your pain.i just lost my mom to SLE 7th December 2011.I dont know how to cope with the loss - i too am responsible for not understanding her symptoms better - this disease needs to be made more aware - a day didnt go by that i remember when she wasnt in pain and suffering.I wished everyday i could take the pain from her.
Unfortunately she will never attend my wedding or see her grandchildren.Im so broken Sad
|

replied January 3rd, 2012
lost a loved one to lupus
I feel your pain.i just lost my mom to SLE 7th December 2011.I dont know how to cope with the loss - i too am responsible for not understanding her symptoms better - this disease needs to be made more aware - a day didnt go by that i remember when she wasnt in pain and suffering.I wished everyday i could take the pain from her.
Unfortunately she will never attend my wedding or see her grandchildren.Im so broken Sad
|
Tags: lupus, meds
Quick Reply