Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Implantation Bleeding Or Period? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi all,

on the 31st of may I started spotting brownish discharge (very little) until yesterday, june 5, which was heavy bleeding. I'm still bleeding today but just a little (still brown and a little bright red). I'm also experiencing cramps as if I were on my period, however, not so much today as I was yesterday. My period is usually regular and i'm not supposed to start until the 8th of june. I took a pt two weeks ago and then one last night - both were negative. Do you think this is part of implantation bleeding or do you think I could actually be on my period? I've been reading a lot and a part of me feels pregnant, only perhaps i'm psyching myself out or maybe I really am and not sure how to read this "cycle?"

when do you suggest I take another pt? Or should I schedule an appt for a blood test? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sabs0022
|

replied June 6th, 2005
Experienced
Helo girl, I had thesame prob. It is best to go make a blood test. I just discovered i'm 2months pregnant.!! After going for a blood test.

I had home preg test 4times, all came out negative. Your might be pregnant but do not have enough hormones to show pos.

Go get a blood test!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied June 6th, 2005
Thank you so much. I'm hoping I am, but because of the bleeding and cramps, I feel that I may not be. With your words, I plan to wait this out and see how long it lasts. I will probably wait until the end of this week and see what happens.

So, did you just find out this week that you are 2 mos pregnant? But, did the implantation bleeding lead you to believe otherwise, and then you finally went in to take a blood test?

Thanks, for your reply. Its great support and nice knowing that others have similar symptoms.

Thanks, again!
|

replied June 6th, 2005
Experienced User
Implantation Bleeding
How much blood are we talking about. Did you soak a pad and how severe are your cramps. From my experience implatation bleeding can occur in some women not all and it's spotting not heavy bleeding it might be a period coming on. Have yourself checked out so you feel more confortable
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Well, not getting to specific, but I had a tampon in all day on june 5, and had one in yesterday for half a day. There was enough blood for me to wear one. My cramps were pretty heavy at first but then very very light the evening of june 5 and has been ever since. I'm actually not cramping anymore.

So, maybe my hormones are acting up. My periods are usually regular, this time I spotted for 5 days, and then (i guess) had a period for 1.5 days. Hmmm...I really want to be pregnant and maybe i'm hoping for all the signs. Like I said, i'll suck it up and take a hpt test tomorrow, thursday and friday to make sure.

Thanks, for your comments. Do you know of a live chat room discussing pregnancy?
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
|

replied June 26th, 2005
Re: Implantation Bleeding Or Period?
Hey! I am in the same situation right now about the implantation or period . . . I was wondering if you ever found out if you were pregnant because im really nervous and confused! Please let me know! Thanks!
|

replied June 27th, 2005
It turned out to be my period. I guess I miscalculated when I was to start, and it was right on. Are you trying to get pregnant?

I'm hoping to miss my period this week as we're trying....

Let me know!
|

replied June 27th, 2005
Implantation Or Period
Hey lisa. Sorry to hear that. Actually im not trying to get pregnant . So im praying im not, well at least not right now. But if we did it would be just as good. But im kinda of confused right now. I have been getting dark like spottting I got one heavy day the 2nd day and now its just there when I wipe. I am also on the pill and got this 6 days before I was due for my period. But it really like wasnt my period so im very confused. Im usually very regular on the pill. The thing that worries me is that I figured out everything and I started to bleed in the time frame that I ovulated and that me and my b\f had sex acording to when impantation bleeding is supposed to occur. I was also on an antibiotic this month too... So im actually not due for my period until wed. I am very confused and its still too early to take a test. I guess we will see. . . Write me back if you know of anything. Good luck getting pregnant! God bless . . .
|

replied June 27th, 2005
Same Thing
I am glad I found this message board. I have been having a little brown spotting. We are trying to get pg. I should of started yesterday. How long do I wait to take a test.
|

replied June 27th, 2005
Bleeding
I have beening to get pregnant, I was to supposed to start period on sat. And today I just started to lightly spot. I don't if it is period or implant. Bleeding? Any ideas. I took test and neg. Results. Confused! :?
|

replied June 27th, 2005
Re: Same Thing
mcclure18 wrote:
i am glad I found this message board. I have been having a little brown spotting. We are trying to get pg. I should of started yesterday. How long do I wait to take a test.

u can take a test after a missed period. Or 2 weeks after u believe u could have conceived. See I got it early thats why im confused but I shouldnt get it early bc im on the pill and its like a scheduled period u know . . Soo weird. According to the sites I read implantation bleeding starts 6 - 12 days after the egg is fertilized. . .
|

replied May 21st, 2009
implantation bleeding
heyy. so yea im actually a guy and feel a lil akward on this site lol, it has been about a month and 3 weeks since she had her period. uh shes been feelin crampd wit headaches on and off, thew up in the morning once.but shes just recently had barely a lil of brownish blood. and then a lil once again a couple days later. so i was wondering if it could be the implantation thing tho its happnd more than once. thx for takin ur time to read this
|

replied June 27th, 2009
Am i pregnant?
so i started my last period on May 29th and it lated about 5 days. My periods are usually very heavy in the begining and i NEVER spot when i am starting them. my boyfriend and i had sex on the 8th,twice the 9th,11th,16th and 23rd of June. I have irregular periods and i never have a period for 3 months straight. This is the third month that i would have gotten my period. A few days ago i was experiencing cramps and my breast felt sore. iv also been dizzy and tired lately and iv been very emotional but then all of the symptoms of my period stopped including the cramps and i never got my period. Well, this morning (June 27th) i woke up and i started getting pinkish brown but more brown spotting. it wasnt a lot at all but i never spot like that. after a while it stopped but then i checked again and it had gotten a little heavier but nothing like it usually it. Right now i just checked my tampon and i could still see white and its been inside me for a few hours now. the blood still looks brownish and its not heavy at all but i started getting slight cramping and im dizzy again. Could i be pregnant?
|

replied June 24th, 2012
Hi. I am experiencing similar problems. I have been experiencing alot of pregnancy symptoms and yesterday my period was due, but no period came.However, today I have been experiencing blood, pinky oranging and light reddish, it atarted off light ans its become a little bit more. Usually i am as regular as clock work and from the start date i am on really heavy. So atm I am very confused, my boyfriend seems to think its my period but i know it isn't, i have never ever experienced something as light as this, i have also got very bad back ache and abdominal cramps. Please can someone help me and put my mind at rest Sad
|

replied June 24th, 2012
Hi. I am experiencing similar problems. I have been experiencing alot of pregnancy symptoms and yesterday my period was due, but no period came.However, today I have been experiencing blood, pinky oranging and light reddish, it atarted off light ans its become a little bit more. Usually i am as regular as clock work and from the start date i am on really heavy. So atm I am very confused, my boyfriend seems to think its my period but i know it isn't, i have never ever experienced something as light as this, i have also got very bad back ache and abdominal cramps. Please can someone help me and put my mind at rest Sad
|

replied July 9th, 2009
Am I pregnant? Please help
I have a similar problem. I normally start my period towards the end of the month. I had sex the weekend of May 30th. So I was expecting my period to come around June 20-28th. Instead, I start spotting for about 2-3 days (it was brownish). About two days after, I started my period. Could this be implantation bleeding or a miscarriage? I had a miscarriage before, but this never happened. I even to 4 pregnancy test and they all came back negative.
|

replied August 21st, 2009
Implantation?
I am due to start my period in 3 days. However, this morning, I noticed some pink/brown discharge, and also, some slight cramping. I've been dizzy, clumsy, prone to emotional outbursts, starving, peeing constantly, and last Friday, I nearly ran a red light to get home so I could eat a pickle. Could this be implantation bleeding, or is it possible that my body just decided to start my period early? Usually on the first day, the cramping is absolutely unbearable, plus, I usually have some warning that Aunt Flo's visit is imminent, and in addition, I usually start at night. This morning, I woke up, and out of nowhere, light pink spotting. As the day has progressed, it's turned into brownish spotting. I'm hoping it's implantation and not me starting. Help!
|

replied August 21st, 2009
Unfortunately, it IS my period. I took a test earlier, which confirmed that I am NOT pregnant. Guess we'll try again next month...
|

replied August 27th, 2009
Early, normal period and still pregnant?
Hi everyone. Today is Aug. 27 and yesterday I started morning I started out with some brown spotting, then throughout the day it was a bit of pink but last night and today it looks like my regular period. However, I wasn't due for it until Aug. 30. I'm usually very regular so this early period confused me at first, thinking it could be implantation bleeding, but now that it looks like my regular period, I'm even more confused. I was wondering if anyone had this happen to them and they still found out they were pregnant afterwards. I know the likelihood for me is that I'm not, but I was hoping to be...Thanks for any replies!
|

I had the exact same thing happen to me earlier this month, and after 2 negative pregnancy tests, I guess that I am NOT pregnant.
|

Re: Early, normal period and still pregnant?
Thanks mreckner...I was sort of happy yesterday morning and thought to wait and see how things went and perhaps get a pregnancy test by the weekend, and now it's sort of dissapointing to have what looks to be my normal period. But, like you said, there's always next month!
|
Quick Reply