Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Should I Stop Taking the Pill If I Think I Am Pregnant (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hi, I have about a week left of my pills but I have this odd feeling i'm pregnant. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative but if I was pregnant it still maybe too early for the test to come back positive any way. I just feel pregnant, i'm eating more but healthier, ive been having vivid dreams, ive been having a fluttering feeling in my stomach. Well, if I am pregnant I want to have the baby so im afraid if I finish out this pack it may hurt the baby.

If I think I am pregnant should I stop taking the pill or finish out the pack? -- thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper amandabell88
|

replied June 5th, 2005
Experienced User
?
I was told to always finish the pack cause if you're not pregnant then you will have the chance of getting pregnant... Have you missed any pills?? What signs of pregnancy do you have??
|

replied June 5th, 2005
I have lotsa signs... My breasts hurt, around the outside they are getting darker, ive been having this fluttering feeling on the upper left side of my stomach, ive been having very vivid dreams, ive been getting like some sharp pains in my lower abdomen, cravings (i had half a cinamon rasin bagle with strawberry cream cheese and half an everything bagel with vegetable cream cheese this morning... Interesting expecially since I dont really eat bagles) and I just feel pregnant. I've been on birthcontrol for 10 months and ive just never felt like this before.... I think im going to stop just incase... If I get my period ill just start again and make sure we use a condom for a while
|

replied June 6th, 2005
Experienced User
??
I'd finish this packet then see if you have your peroid. I'm sure you'll have some light bleeding even if you are pregnant. The b/c isn't going to hurt the baby, if you are pregnant. The pills have hormones similar to those released during pregnancy. I have gotten pregnant on birth control twice, so I know what it's like. I'm here if ya need anything....
|

replied April 2nd, 2011
I'm on the pill but don't take it like I am suppose to. I miss 2 to 3 days usually and always have unprotected sex. Lately I have been getting headaches bad, breasts feel more tender, urinating alot more often, and feel like my stomach is getting bigger. Could I be pregnant? Just feel like I have put alot of weight on in no time. I have took 3 hpt and all negative and went to health department and it was negative to. What should I do?
|

replied April 2nd, 2011
Also About a week ago I spotted for a week and it wasnt even time for me to be bleeding in my cycle of pills. I now am on my last few pills in my pack when I should have a period but haven't started yet. I usually start on about the third one of the last ones.
|

replied August 12th, 2009
could i be preg
i think i might be preg, i have an unusual sickness/pain in my lower stomach and have had nasuea. im on b/c but me and my boyfriend havnt used protection, my period last month ended early, we had intercourse while i still was off my pill for three more days. i took a pregnancy test and it came up negative, can it be to early to tell?
|

replied October 18th, 2009
Pregnancy..??
I am simply a stupid teenager, I have used protection everytime my boyfriend and I had intercourse. Though we have been dealing with a pregnancy scare. I don't know if I should continue to stay on birth control, because I have had a light spotting type period i guess but it wasn't normal. we didn't use any method of contraseptive except for the birth control,so there was no pulling out.. I don't know how soon I can find out, and I don't know how to tell my parents that I may be pregnant.
|

replied November 25th, 2009
I'm taking Loestrin 24 which shortens my period to a half day every month and I barely even cramp. I'm not supposed to Start my period until December 6th. My husband and I had sex on november 13. On Monday November 23rd I had some uncomfortable cramps and some pink and brown spotting. That is VERY abnormal for me and I've been on bc for 7 years now. I've have been sooo bloated, sleepy and I'm peeing like crazy! I took an at home pregnancy test 2 days ago on the same day I noticed the spotting but it turned out negative. I don't skip pills and I take them at the same time EVERY day. What should I do!? Sad I was thinking it's way to early to tell anything especially since I'm not supposed to start my period fir another 11 days.....
|

replied November 25th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
You had sex on day 6 of your cycle while you are on birth control pills that you are taking as directed. The chances are very very small that you will be pregnant. Even if you did not take the pill, those days are normally safe for unprotected sex as the sperm will not survive until ovulation day.

If you are pregnant, and you can observe pregnancy signs, the same hormones that are giving you the signs should be strong enough to show up on a pregnancy test.
|

replied May 13th, 2010
Okay so I'm on antibiotics for a sist on my ovaries and I'm on Loestrin 24 me and my boyfriend had sex and I'm a few days late. The sugar pills are almost gone and I'm gonna need to start a new month. But,I'm worried I might be pregnant. I've got pains in my side,I barely eat and If I do it's weird stuff I normally don't like,I sleep all day and I'm up all night I don't have any energy and I think I am. What should I do? Stop taking it till I'm sure?
|

replied July 25th, 2010
hi i been take birth control n September and stop take it now i take every now then i have white stuff coming out my breast
|

replied March 15th, 2011
Pregnancey
Kudown,

The white stuff that is coming out of your brearts could be milk. If I were you I would go & see your doctor, & ask for a blood test, instead of a urine test. & take it from there.
|

replied March 15th, 2011
Pregnancey
Kudown,

The white stuff that is coming out of your brearts could be milk. If I were you I would go & see your doctor, & ask for a blood test, instead of a urine test. & take it from there.
|

replied March 15th, 2011
I am in the same spot as most of you guys are right now. I am on birth control, & I honestly think I am pregnant only because I have been sleeping a lot more, I am suppose to get up at 5 in the morning everday from Monday - Friday, & I am not getting out of bed 6-7. There are certine foods that I eat that I just feel like I am going to get sick on. I have been craving for different types of foods, then it will stop then come back again. Also I have gotten biggere since the last time I had thought I was pregnant which was a week or 2 ago. I went & bought one home pregnancey test & it had came out negitive, then I went into a walk in clince, & they did a pregnancy see test & it also came out negitive. My breast arent sore at all, I get these weird feelings in my stoumach & I don't know what it is. I have had a lot of mood swings, I'll be happy one minute, & then the next I am irritated, or sad crying, & taking it out on my bf for no reason at all. I am getting mad at the smallest, stupidest things & I don't understand why? Am I pregnant?
|

replied March 18th, 2011
please help me
I just had a miscarriage and they put me on birth control right away but they also put me on an antibiotic and i'm still feeling as if i'm pg and me and my boyfriend didn't use any protection besides the pill which could be diluted, should i stop taking the pill seeing as i've only been on it for about a month or should i keep on it and see if i get my period idkkk. i need some advice. They did say i didn't have any hcg left in my system the last time they took blook, so the signs shouldn't be from that... what should i do
|

replied March 23rd, 2011
I started my period March 2, had unprotected sex March 14/15 I am on birthcontrol but I hadn't taken it for that week! I have been feeling slightly different but I don't know if its just all in my head. How high to you think my chances of being pregnant are?
|

replied April 2nd, 2011
Especially eHealthy
LK13, the chances for a healthy woman to get pregnant from sex during her fertile time is 30% during for the cycle.

Take care!
|

replied April 7th, 2011
Pregnancy
I stopped taking birth control pills monday of this week, it's now thursday. I'm not due for my period until next sunday but now I am spotting. I've been having strange symptoms, vivid dreams, breast tenderness, lower back pain, some small sharp abdomen pain, craving leafy greens... feel like I'm pregnant. Took a pregnancy test monday and it came out negative... friends told me it's too early for it to come out positive. I took the pill every night within the hour, didn't think it was possible to get pregnant... any advice? am I having my period now or is this more proof of pregnancy? My last period began the 20th of March and my husband and I had sex that weekend and that following week. Is it too early to detect?
|

replied November 20th, 2011
I have had a lot of symptoms even though i am on the pill and all four hpt i have taken have been negative. I have been more tired, mood swings, breast are getting bigger along with my stomach, my breast are tender, area around the nipples are darker, gums have been bleeding when i brush my teeth. so even though all the tests are negative could i be pregnant and should i stop taking the pill until i know for sure?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2011
I NEED UR HELP TOO
I NEED HELP TOO:

Heres my short story my bf and I had sex like 4 days ago and he didn't come inside of me but outside of me and I have not taken my BC in over a month. His cum was like right in between my thighs and the lips of my va-jay-jay and im onyl 20 unstable and totally not mentally prepared for a baby but at the same time Im NOT aborting anything. So, I just got my fresh pack of BC and tonight was my 2nd pill. Should I stop taking the pills just in case I am preggers or should I ask a dr. ?
|

replied January 7th, 2012
Heres my story ,Well I been on bc for about a month not even . My doctor messed up with something & I was done with my bc early before the month was even ovr. So my bf & I had sex , & he cummed on the the lips of my vagain...& some might have gotten in..When I got my next month of bc I only took 1 white on because ppl told me to stop if I think im pregnant..Do you think their was a chance I wculd be ? & should I stop taking it ?
|
12 >>