Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Strange Blisters

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
My daughter, 8, developed some strange blister like sores on her arm over the past two days. There is a lump under the skin, redness around the area, and a white (looks like puss-filled) blister with a small black dot in the center on each one. They are very painful. What is this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 5th, 2005
Experienced User
I wish I would know what to say to u :cry:...Cuz I also have a 8 year old daughter and her health is very important to me:cry: so I understand u. I will strongly advise u to take her to the doctor maybe is nothing major,hopefully but she does need like a cream or something like that.......Good luck with ur daughter
|

replied July 1st, 2005
Strange Sores
Well, just wanted to let you know the sores are gone.......After much pain and crying.....It was impetigo! We've never had that before and i've only seen it once in my life. I'm so upset because my older daughter had it also and we didn't know it. It was on her mouth and the doctor, two different times, diagnosed it as a cold sore!!!!!

If they would have known what it was to begin with, it could have been healed up and my younger daughter would never have gotten it!

Sometimes docs are very irritating...

Thank you for your response
|

replied July 9th, 2005
Could You Tell Me More?
I too was diagnosed with impetigo around my bikini area. I used a dull razor when shaving my bikini line and got bad razor burn. I scratched and a week later the area was all swollen and red and so uncomfortable. The doctor prescribed me amoxicillin and i've ben on it only a day, but I would appreciate any tips. The itching is awful and hard to resist and i've been using benadryl cream on the area. How long did it take to completely heal. What meds did your doctor prescribe. Any response would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

-j.
|
Tags: lump, skin, arm, arm black
Quick Reply