Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

the Cord Is Around the Babys Neck

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Im 7 months pregent and just found out the cord is around the babys neck should I be worried .My dr said theres nothing to do just wait it out see what happens.Im scared when the baby turnes if it has'nt it could get worse
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
As long as you are under good supervision it should be ok.

My son was born with the cord around his neck two times, and he was fine ;)
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Re:
My youngest daughter which is 18 months was born with her cord wrapped tightly around her neck. They didn't find out until I was delivering on how tight that it got. To make a long story short the cord caused her to stop breathing when she was born and she had to have cpr to get her started again. But she has had no long term side effects from it. Just remember some cords are longer than others. Your baby might also get the cord unwrapped if it likes to move frequently.
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
If it is he should be monitoring your very carefully... My son was delivered with his around his neck and hes okay... But just keep it up to date with the doctor
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah thats how it was with zachary he was a little blue and like they just let me touch him then kiss his head really fast and took him away but it turned out fine they got him breathing and de-blued :) and I got him back
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
jessamyn wrote:
if it is he should be monitoring your very carefully... My son was delivered with his around his neck and hes okay... But just keep it up to date with the doctor

huh?? Jess you told us that paul cut the cord...
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
He did. It wasnt life threathening.But they told me he was a little blue and the cord was wrapped around him they unwrapped it he cut it and I was like asking to hold the baby and all they let me to is like touch him and kiss his head then they took him away and when they brought him back they gave him to me and I was soooo tired I like wasnt holding him tightly so then they gave him back to paul and my mom. I was so drained i'm only going by what I was told
|

replied June 13th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
jessamyn wrote:
yeah thats how it was with zachary he was a little blue and like they just let me touch him then kiss his head really fast and took him away but it turned out fine they got him breathing and de-blued :) and I got him back

if he wasnt breathing, thats life threatening jess!! Why didnt we ever hear about any of this in your labor story??

Quote unquote from jess's labor story

" id push and his head would be right there and like then go back in! Out of the like 10 ppl in the room the only voice I heard was pauls... He was so helpful! Oh and I heard my mom and all of her "omg omg omg ahhh's!" haha so yeah his head finally slowly started coming out and I kept reaching down to feel him... Then his head was out and finally his shoulders (most babies after their shoulder just like slide out haha nope! I still had quite some pushing to do and he has wide hips) so yeah finally he came out it was the weirdest feeling like when his whole body just flew out... They were like doing a bunch of stuff to him down there and I kept begging to let me hold him she said since he had such a dramatic entrance they had to bring him to the table asap... But brought him upclose for a second and let me kiss him! He was beautiful and so clean he didnt have like any blood on him only water when he came out... Like the blood just repelled off of him it was on his head only... But his feet were blue! "
|

replied June 14th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
That is odd, I guess she was really tired after labor/?
But forgetting to mention a cord around the neck and stop breathing.
|

replied May 15th, 2009
My little brother was born with the cord around his neck last week, and he was a blue/grey color - elephant color I keep saying. The mid wife cut his cord as soon as she could, but didn't take him away anywhere. He was put straight onto our mothers stomach, and he was fine. After about 5-10 minutes he was almost a normal color with the exception of his fingers and toes, which took a bit longer to color up.
|
Quick Reply