Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Endometriosis

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
Hi! I am 21 and my mom has endo. She had a hysterectomy at 34. She had me when she was 17 and was told if she didnt have kinds so young she may have never been able to. In the past I have experienced some syptoms and have had 3 ultra sounds to check for endo. I have had cysts but my doc said they weren't endo and to really find out for sure they would have to do laproscopy- I told my doc that I want to be a mother and do I have to worry, she said absolutly not.... What do ya'll think? Now I am 8 days late on my period, and i've taken 3 tests all negative... I don't have any sort of hurting breasts so I don't think i'm pregnant. Can endo cause this problem or is there anything else that can cause this.... I just got a new job so I don't have insurance to go see a doc yet- my insurance should kick in within the next couple of weeks so I will be going then for a lump I found on my boob.. Could that be related to any of this??? Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 15th, 2005
Experienced User
Endo
My wife was treated for endo when we were trying to have our first. A lapthroscopy procedure was done so that she could get pregnant. If you do develope it later and want to get pregnant, you can have the procedure done then. Her doc told her she had it when she was in her early twenties but to wait until she wanted to have kids because it can come back and she would have to do it all over again. We had our 1st baby when she was 32 shorly after having the lapthro done.
|
Did you find this post helpful?