Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

How Early Can Breast Tenderness Appear? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My ovulation days were 25/26/27 may so due on somewhere between 11-14th june. So in my mind its far to early for anysigns to show up as theres only been a few days if I was pregnant.

My l boob has become sore and both my nipples have become incredibly sensitive and sore if I gently tweek them which before now there was no pain or discomfort.

So uhh.. Am I going mad.. Any other reasons for sore nipples.. I had this a while back and it was accompanied by a weeks worth of vomiting drs told me that it was possibly a really early misscarriage or my body was just playing head games with me.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper askara
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
The most common symptom is vaginal bleeding, which can range from light spotting to heavier than a period. There may be blood clots, or other tissue that is not clearly identifiable. Sometimes a sac-like structure is seen.

Some bleeding is very common during pregnancy, and vaginal bleeding does not always signal a miscarriage has taken place, especially if the bleeding is light and only lasts a short time. Bleeding that is prolonged or heavy, like a period, is more likely to lead to miscarriage.

Often there is cramping, with period-type pains. Some women find that the usual symptoms of pregnancy, such as breast tenderness, feeling sick and having to pass urine more frequently than usual, may stop unexpectedly.
Are your feeling or experiencing any of this.
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
O.0

uhh.. Well maybe I confused you! Cause I am sure confused now!

Its been about a week now of breast tenderness, my left one has become rather firm and tender and both nipples are sore/tender if I poke them.. And they are very reactive to that and give me the full salute. There are these bumpy things round on teh spin around the nipple what I didnt notice before.. But then again I dont tend to study my boobd in great detail.

I have had cramping.. Not severe.. Just twinges, I have had these before and I belive they are the same as when I was pregnant in december (lost the baby at 7.5 weeks) at that time I did not knwo I was pregnant, thought they were period pains so took 500mgs of paracetamol. Since then if I have had any thought that I may be pregnant I refise to take any thing liek that just incase.

But I have no bleeding, I am still not atcually due for another 2 days.. But these may just be pmt things, but I will add.. That I do get left boob tenderness in one part.. But never nipple soreness or the whole boob feeling firmer.

Guess I wil lhave to wait and see. But again.. Nay thought appreciated.
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
If your period is due in 2 days take a first reponse hpt. That should detect the pregnancy hermone in your urine. Let me know
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
Will do, I have some in the house. I shall grab the first morning pee.

But I doubt it will be pos, when I was pregnant in december it took 7 weeks for it to show up positive.

Cheers ears!
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
Askara keep in mind all pregnancies are different
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
I also had very different pregs. My first baby I had no implantation bleeding with my second I did. And my third, well.... That one I lost. Now i'm waiting for my forth to come up pos. I'm gonna take a hpt at the end of the week
|

replied June 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Well I did a test and it was negative, id I am going to come on.. I shoudl kick in in the next day or so.

I have had a continuious lower back ache and my boobs are just pissing me off now, and I am fairly confident that I am not. My left one is still tender and sore, and the nipple on it is still sore, but the right one is as dead as a door nail 60% of the time. When I wake up its tender but just the nipple and nothing else and then after a few hours its dead and even when I run my hand over my breast I cant even tell where the nipple is though my clothes.

Its just so weird, pretty mych 10 days of tenderness.. With pangs of pain in my bely region, sleepyness (but can be atributated to job) and the back ache... But eh.. Stranger things have happened!

If monthlys have not arrived in 4 days then I will take another test.
|

replied June 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Well my friend finally came.... The waiting has ended. Anyway let me know how you turn out.
|

replied June 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Mine also arrived.. I finally got round to plotting out on a chart when my monthlys have been for the last 6 months, I didnt count december and january as I wa sout of whack affter the miscarriage but my cycles have been 33-35 days long.. And mind arives yesterday which puts this one at 28... Its definatly not implantation bleeding which what I was hoping. But oh well. I need to take my mind off babies and such things every month I get down and its not needed. Thanks for your help chicka. Best of luck *baby dust*
|

replied February 25th, 2009
Can soMEBODY help me
OK, so i had period jan 13 it was normal, cont'd to have sex w/ bf started to bleed lightly passsing clots jan 25 lasted 3-4 days then for a week had terrible stomach uper & lower then started bleeding crazy Feb 9 went to hospital preg test neg told me it was my period. Now Feb 23 starting to bleed lightly when I pee & during sex. Breast tender from time to time weird taste in mouth or turned off by food or smells. And I swear sometimes i feel something kicking me preg test still neg anybody know whats going on
|

replied May 20th, 2009
breast tenderness
Why I remain having this breast tenderness? I am not in this before, just now but when i had a pregnancy test, its negative....But i had a feeling I am pregnant because my tummy is bigger a little, whaat does this mean?
|

replied October 24th, 2010
breast tenderness??
hey ladies, i am having breast tenderness. i am not trying to conceive and i am on birth control. but my nipples hurt sooo bad or have been at least. today when i woke up they seem to be feeling a little better but what could be causing it? i know an obvious option is pregnancy but i dont feel pregnant. haha, i hope that makes sense. but any input would be greatly appreciated!
|

replied December 2nd, 2010
hi there my lat peroid was on the 29/10/10 and my next period should o came 26/11./10 and it never came so i did a home preg test and it cameback positive, now i have had light spottin blood pink/ brown colour for nearly 4 days, i have had 5 miscarriages in the past and i am hoping all is well this time, my breast and nipples are not as sore as the begging of the week does this mean there could be a problem or is my hormones playin havic with me any comments appriated thanks wendy
|

replied July 29th, 2011
confused between PMS and pregnancy.
Hi my ovulation was on 24th july ( 12 th day of menstrual cycle of 30 days avg)of this month, we had alternate day intercourse for the whole week aft tat .. next expected mensus ll be on 14th aug.
Past 2 days my both breasts are paining.. today its more paining than yest. i feel some heaviness in low abdomen and slight back ache too. i had a perfect egg white discharge during the fertile week.. now only creamy scanty discharge.. i am expecting baby.. i am very confused whether these symptoms are PMS or early sighs of pregnancy..please help me ladies..
|

replied December 20th, 2011
Help!
Hey Ladies,
So I had my period and on the first day that I was off my boyfriend came inside me. The next day, I woke up and just felt like I was "pregnant". I had cramps, nausea and breast tenderness. It has been 2 weeks since then and now I am just having breast tenderness and headaches. The nausea has subsided as well as the cramps. I should be starting my period on the 30th but I just do not understand why my breast have been tender ever since my boyfriend came inside me. Is it possible to get prengnant right after your period and for having symptoms right away?
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2012
hi
i am having breast tenderness, my breast hurt really bad actually, they are also sensitive. my period has always been irregular so im not sure when im supposed to have my period but the breast tenderness has been going on for about a 1 1/2 weeks now. I stay tired all the time, my head hurt from time to time, and sometimes when i eat something it taste like cinnamon, and i walked out side one day and smelt watermelons, i live in Alabama so its not summer time so i know i shouldn't be smelling watermelons. I haven't took a pregnancy test yet...what should i do? can someone please email me and tell me what i should do.
|

replied May 24th, 2012
I need help too my left mipple is sore had a period for two weeks str8 n then spottinv now my nipple have sharp pains for ten sec. Im lightly bleeding I dont feel prego my stomach sometimes hurt n get a lil bigger bt it goes away. I thinlk thats bloating n me nt wanting to get prego n we always have unprotected sex bt I just gt off of birth control .n feb... Plz help anyone
|

replied August 28th, 2012
Concerned
My issue is that my husband says he has zero sperm count. I got off my period on Aug. 15 and by Aug. 21 I was vomiting, dizzy, tender breast and just headaches. Everytime I eat anything for 4 days I would vomit. Now the vomiting stopped but the nausea is still there. My breast still tender and lower back pain plus cramps. So I have no idea what this means. So I shall wait until Sept. 6th and see if I get my period. I hope I don't. Any inputs??
|

replied October 18th, 2012
I. Have a 29 day cycle and had sex CD 7,8,9,10,15,16 is there anyway I.
I could be pregnant? Everytime i eat anything I get nauseated been this way for three days I have a cold and been sleeping a little more than usual n e feedback elder b awesome. Bby dust to everyone
|
12 >>