since I was little i've had small reddish bumps on my the top of my arms (i think the top... The side that has the back of my hand). I think I used to have them on my legs too, but once my leg hair started growing in I haven't been able to really notice it because I have thick leg hair. However, I hardly have any arm hair yet (i'm 16 so I still have a log more hair to come in) so when I wear tee-shirts these bumps are embarassing and very noticable.
They're really small and more abundant on my upper arms. They seem to kind of go away and reappear throughout the day for no reason. There's always at least a little bit there, but they aren't so red. But they seem to randomly appear within minutes and you can see them all up and down my arms.
I've always just tried to deal with it until now and now i'm just getting fed up with it. For the past few months i've tried using moisturizer lotion, but it doesn't seem to be doing much. I think over the years it slowly has been going away but it hasn't decreased more than 10% since I was a kid.
I don't go outside too much, so I was thinking maybe my skin just needs some sun, so this summer i've been planning on tanning at the beach and stuff. But I kind of doubt that'll help.
I'm out of ideas and i'd really like to get rid of this. Can anyone help me out at all? Thank in advance.
Are the bumps a pretty big size...Or are they very small...Also are they itchy and do they bleed ....Is it a rash or is it bumps...Awnser some of these questions for me because on my out side of my arm like you on one side I have about 17 bumps that look like bites' and they just appeared out of nowhere
I have just recently noticed that I have like pimples on the upper part of the back of my arm and that is the only place I have them I have never had them before and they donot itch and even at times they hurt to the touch and I use lotion but it just doesnot seem to help it is very noticeable on the back of my arms and I find my self not wanting to wear short sleeves shirts because of it.I don't know what to do and I dont know if it is the same thing on my legs and butt I don't think so because this is just like a few pimple like singles on my front top part of my legs and a few on my butt cheeks wow I just don't get it I am 33yrs old and now I am getting this stuff.HELP if someone can give me some advice I would so greatly appericate it thanks
Try amlactin 12% it helped my arms. I also think the sun helps a bit. If you use amlactin for more then a year or two go to the doctor and they will give you a stronger lotion. These bumps are actually pretty common and they do go away you just have to be patient. Mine are not really noticable anymore but still bother me so I am getting a strong lotion. I will write to tell you what it is once I get it. By the way I believed the bumps are caused by a bunch of ingrown hairs but I could be wrong.
I can completely relate. I am black american and I have bumps on the upper outside of my arms and my upper back. They have a mind of their own: they come and go as they please. Seriously, I think the weather has an affect, mine are worse in the winter. They itch regularly when I don't wear location but they are itchier in the winter and they seem to multiply more then too. In the summer it's not as bad and when I tan they aren't as evident but they're still there. I've tried all types of medication but they refuse to leave. Iâve even tried coacoa butter, it helps a little but theyâre still here. Does anyone know what it is or what I can use to help? :(
I have keratosis pilaris. It's small red pimple-like bumps on my upper arms, thighs, back, bum, and face. I'm really embarrassed of them too. I found that tanning can kinda hide them, but all the creams and soaps i've used haven't helped me at all. You might want to research this to see if it could be what you have and talk to a dermo about it.
Hi everyone. I also have keratosis pilaris. From what i've read kp is very common! I've been using multiple products to treat mine, neutrogena skin smoothing body lotion, carmol 20 and kiss my face soap. I've seen a huge improvement in my skin with this combination. :d
I have Keratosis Pilaris on my arms, and just like everybody else, nothing worked for me, neither did the 12% Amylactin. I recently found Ben Gay cream worked on my right arm due to my muscle pain. I have been applying Ben Gay to my right arm for 3 weeks, and I suddenly find 80 % of the Keratosis Pilaris have been disappeared!!!!!! This is so obvious when I compare my left arm to my right arm. So forget about your doctor or any of those expansive medications, try Ben Gay cream if you don't mind the menthol odor. I put a thin layer on my right arm before bed, I also put a layer of shrink wrap on top of the cream over night, and it works even faster. When apply Ben Gay, don't forget to rub it in as if you are having muscle pain, good luck!!!!!
i have kp too.. my dermatologist recommended salex cream. i've noticed that in the summer it's better but not much. i hate it. i havent worn short sleeves in months and i'm tired of hiding my arms.. please help!
I have kp too and a dermatologist also recommended salex and another lotion just like it. I spent soooo much money on them, or should i say wasted. It was such a disappointment and not worth it at all. im going to see if the ben gay lotion works. I really hope it does. I hate feeling like i have to wear long sleeves all the time. <3333
My 11 year old has it bad and has for 2 years now. I googled to find out what it was and you all really helped. The best thing is to find it is quite common. I was thinking it was lack a vitamin because she is a vegetarian.
uuuuugh!!!!!!!! I feel your pain! I have Keratosis Pilaris, also and it is the most embarassing thing! I can't get rid of it! I did not know what it was until reading this! i, also, googled it to find out what it was that I had! I just want to be able to wear a tank top or a short sleeve tshirt and look nice, but I can't do that, without feeling embarassment or without feeling ashamed of myself! People who don't have Keratosis pilaris say stuff, like, "Uugh! What is that on your arms?" They say it like I have it because I am desgusting or something. But, in reality, I have tried everything, to the best of my ability, to try to get rid of it!!!
I think I have kp. I just developed it last month and it's mostly on my upper and lower arms. It really itches and my skin feels very sensitive to the touch. It almost looks like a mild case of heat rash or poison ivy rash, but they are little bumps that itch. I've never had this before and I am over 40. I am trying some natural creams that seem to help.
I wonder if it could be something else, like allergy related? We recently moved to a new house and that's when it started, so I think it's environmental. But I will try the Ben Gay. Thanks!
Keratosis pilaris is the worst thing EVER!!!!
it is the ONLY thing I am insecure about, and it makes me SO self concious!! I have beautiful legs and arms but I don't ever wear short or skirts cause it's so ugly. and now I am becoming too embarrassed to wear short sleeved shirts! (it's 85 degrees every day where I live and I wear a jacket all the time)
It is such a horrible skin condition and I haven't found anything that helps.
the WORST part is, it has caused me to develop obsessive compulsive disorder because I started picking them and couldn't stop!
DO NOT PICK THE BUMPS! you will think it's just a habit at first but it can turn into so much worse! I have OCD now!! AHHH
If anyone finds an effective treatment PLEASE tell me, I am DESPERATE!!!
OMG, I never had this before until I had kids and gained weight. They are only on the back of my thighs and it seems to get worse if I dont keep them completely shaved. Then they start to like burn and itch and that is when the picking starts, and you are right it is very hard to stop. Now I have scars on the back of my legs and I am dreading summer. I think I may try the ben gay but I hope it doesnt burn.
I have KP too! i absolutely hate it. I never wear shorts, skirts, or short sleeve shirts, even when it gets extremely hot. i get so embarrassed and it just looks horrible. and its the worst when i actually do wear shorts or a short sleeve shirt and someone says something about it. I have had them since i was 7 years old and im 17 right now. ive tried everything and i havent found anything that works. if someone finds something that works besides amlactin 12 because that doesnt work for me pleaseee tell.
Okay people listen up!!!!!!!!
I have had kp aswell for about 5/6 years now and have finally found a way to get rid of tham and to get beautiful glowing skin!!! Doctors told me its incurable... why... because they want you to keep buying those topical steroid creams and all those other !**@! products that dont work... dont use any of that stuff cause steroid creams are really bad for you long term.
Did you know that you skins health reflects the health of your inside...
1. Completely change your diet and start eating healthy natural foods. If you are really that annoyed by these bumps than you need to be willing to do this step.
- Stop drinking pop completely for ever and also try to avoid milk and dairy products too because in many people milk is the reason for the red dot breakouts!!! Only drink juice(with vitamin c) and water (try to get a water cooler rather than tap water or bottled water)
- Stop eating all fast foods!!!
- Every morning your first meal of the day should be a big plate of as many different kinds of fruits as possible and a big glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice, with no sugar added(sugar is bad so dont add it, only bring good stuff into your body and your skin will glow), lemons have been used for 1000's of years as a skin beauty secret, because it cleanses your body of toxins.
- Second meal should include whole food, always look for nutrient rich foods, whole wheat bread rather than white bread. And make sure... I cant stress this enough make sure that with every one of your whole food meals you always include vegetables in it(as many different kinds as possible so that you can get the benefits of all the vegetables)
- After my second meal I like to drink a big glass of orange juice(with 100% vitamin c) and I also take a multivitamin with this meal and a fish oil capsule
- Buy two supplements and only these two: Fish Oils that are high in DHA's, and a multivitamin
- Only take 1 multivitamin per day cause your getting plenty of vitamins from all the fruits and vegetables that your eating and for the fish oils take the max dosage allowed usually says on the bottle 1-3( so therfore take 3 per day, 1 with every meal, except for the fruit meal)
- Drink 1 glass of green tea everyday usually about 30minutes after meal number 2, squeeze some lemon juice into it. Green tea does so much good for your body and skin and should be included in everyones diet. The chineese used to say better to be deprived of food for 3 days than tea for 1.
2. Get rid of your stress(it affects your KP as well)
- Excercise regularly
- Watch comedy movies and laugh as much as you can (some good commediens include katt williams, chris rock, dave chappele, russel peters, watch these on youtube)
- Awlays think positive, thinking negative is stupid and wont do you any good.
- Practice deep breathing
3. Natural skin care remedy that works better than anything on the market
1tbsp white sugar
1tsp extra virgin organic olive oil
1tsp green tea
- stir it all together and dap a cotten pad into it. Massage in a circular motion on affected area very gently no strength is required.
1tsp green tea
1tsp lemon juice
- Guess what this is what you were drinking earlier and now your going to be putting it on your skin. Dap a cotton pad into it and once again apply to affected area in a circular motion gently and let your skin absorb the mixture. Wate about 5minutes before starting next step.
- Now moisturize the affected area with a natural moisturizer, what I use is called 100% organic shea butter. This is the real shea and is yellow in colour, while the fake artificial cosmetic version is some how white...hmmm... they take all the good stuff out of it and try to make it all pretty and cute and good smelling, well guess what !**@! that I like the natural shea better, even tho it has a bit of a smell to it, thats the way god intended it to be.
This might seem like a lot of stuff to do, but trust me its all worth it at the end when your skin is nice and shiny gold.
Your gonna have to put some effort into this at first, but once you start feeling the difference in your mood and start smiling and feeling amazing and seeing your beautiful skin you will thank yourself for it and your body will thank you for it as well.
After a while it will become second nature and you will start enjoying your healthy lifestyle and enjoy being good to your body.
I forgot to mention for the natural skin care remedy. Make sure you wash your affected area before step 1. Than after using step 1 and cleansing the affected area wash the mixture off and than continue with step 2. Do not wash step 2 or 3 off, let your skin absorb it.