Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Dark Brown Discharge During Normal Period (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Last month during my normal period time, I had dark brown discharge for about 5 days. The flow was very light, only needing a pantyliner. Yesterday, when my normal period was to begin, the same dark brown discharge started up. I am a virgin and am not on birthcontrol. The only change in my behavior has been my boyfriend fingering me on several occasions. What could be the cause of the brown discharge? Should I see a doctor?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper okljhgfds
|

replied June 1st, 2005
Experienced User
Its just old blood thats been sitting in your uterus.
|

replied January 11th, 2008
what if you arent suposed to get your period for at least two more weeks and there is brown discharge and you bleed randomly. For instance yesterday i didnt bleed at all and then all this morning i didnt...but then i randomly started when i went to the bathroom??? im not going to lie..im kinda scared.
|

replied January 18th, 2008
That has happened to me when I forgot to take a day or two of birth control. Could that be the case?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2008
Supporter
she's not on birth control.

i really think you have nothing to worry about. it doesnt happen on a frequent basis and it is not heavy, so from what you have said, you sound absolutely fine.
|

replied May 28th, 2009
i had sex with my boyfriend and one of the condoms broke but he didnt not bust and put a new one on when he saw it. I am on birthcontrol but now i am very stressed out because i was supposed to start my period this week and i got really dark brown discharge instead of my period i usually get it before my period but ill get my period a day or two after. everyone says its nearly impossible im pregnant and it's just the stress.. but i still need advice i havent built up the courage to buy a pregnancy test yet either.
|

replied June 17th, 2009
brown disharge
im 13 years old and i have only had my period ones but the other day i started getting a brown discharge and i wasent sure if that was my period i dont know what to do...
plzzzz help me im really scared: (
x
|

replied November 13th, 2012
I have the exact same problem an I'm also really scared people have told me that there was nothing to worry about and it could be just left over blood which I think is strange since its a very dark brown but if you think it may be more of an issue tell you parents and ask to see a doctor Smile
|

replied July 17th, 2009
I have been having the same thing, is it something to worry about, like brown blobs (a small amount) durring the time time when I am getting my period. I have never had sex, so I know I cant be pregnant. Is there something wrong or does this just happen?
|

replied January 2nd, 2011
Replys to Brown discharge
tennistar84- I do not think you have any reason to be worried. As what i have learned it could be leftover blood that did not come out from you last period. Now if it were accompanied by pain or other symptoms then that would be a different story. But as of now i think you should be fine.

sandistrong- Im sorry but your friend have lied. there is a possible case that you could be pregnant. Even though he did not go there is a thing called pre-ejaculation. But since you are on birth control i wouldnt be too worried. And since u are having a little discharge that mean u are starting what is a period like symptom then i think you are fine.

scared11- dont be too scared. Since you are just starting your period it may be left over period blood from last time. If you are still worried ask your mother or father to make u an appointment with a doctor. and talk to them about it.

concering- im pretty sure this just happens because i have had it happen to me a lot in the past. Now if there was pain then i would be concerned and not just normal menstrual pain.
|

replied April 6th, 2011
ok so i am not a virgin me and my boyfriend use condoms some times but i have brown discharge during my period and sometime for months at a time idk if i shud be worried?
|

replied April 29th, 2011
my period is brown
its completley normal guys i am 14 and been having brown discharges during my period all the time i never have normal blood no more i seen a doctor and its fine its just diffrent people produce diffrent blood on there period for example im a vegerterian and dont eat meat so my blood is brown but dont worry most people get it for diffrent reasons it isnt a medical problem x
|

replied April 29th, 2011
my period is brown
its completley normal guys i am 14 and been having brown discharges during my period all the time i never have normal blood no more i seen a doctor and its fine its just diffrent people produce diffrent blood on there period for example im a vegerterian and dont eat meat so my blood is brown but dont worry most people get it for diffrent reasons it isnt a medical problem x
|

replied May 24th, 2011
Brown dischrage instead of period, help!
Hey, to put this bluntly, I am not a virgin and I make him use a condom every time but he never finishes. I have irregular periods anyway but never like this. It's just brown discharge and stomach cramps. I kinda want to know what the hell is going on, is it stress or what? Help please!
|

replied July 11th, 2011
Woah me too!!
Omg i had the same question!! Im only needing a pantyliner. And its brownish?? I thought I had an infection or something but I didnt tell my mom cuz i mean..I just HATE the doctor. I always start on the 9th and on the 9th it was like..a spot. Same with today.
|

replied July 11th, 2011
Omg i had the same question!! Im only needing a pantyliner. And its brownish?? I thought I had an infection or something but I didnt tell my mom cuz i mean..I just HATE the doctor. I always start on the 9th and on the 9th it was like..a spot. Same with today.
|

replied July 11th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
okiedok; r u thirteen yr old,
r u concerned because of sexual activity
best wishes
|

replied July 31st, 2011
same's happened to me the past 3 days and i should be getting my period soon, i am sexually active and he did bust this time, but not inside me. he pulled out but it was still around my, privates. and i did notice some of it when i wiped, supposedly once touching oxygen sperm quickly dies out, but it could still be possible. should i be worried? this has NEVER happened before. should i buy a pregnancy test?
|

replied August 1st, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, birth control might be easier than worrying every time a condom comes off or tears etc
morning after pills usually good for three days can be a fix to this
we don't know if u r possible pg
pg test u buy mostly only work after about 25 days
good luck
|

replied October 21st, 2011
Brown discharge around the time of your period is very normal. As others have stated, this is just old blood making a fashionably late exit. But if accompanied with cramps, I would definitely see your doctor. Every so often when I am stressed or have made an adjustment to my daily routine, such as more exercise than normal or changing my diet, I tend to have brown discharge before and sometimes in place of my normal period but by my next cycle, things are back to normal. Please note though that you can get pregnant at any time, even while you are on your period. Birth control and a condom is the only way to be sure you are not pregnant. While I've had my fair share of scares (even while taking the pill and never missing a day), I have never once been pregnant. All it took was some patience and relaxation. So girls, keep your head up and try to relax! If you are extremely concerned, take a pregnancy test first. But most of the time, there is nothing to worry about. Our bodies are just sensitive.
|

replied December 26th, 2011
Tryn to concieve me and my hubby have been tryn to get pregnant he is a little older than I and diabetic which causes SME E.d BT I'm suppose to start my cycle yesterday and instead to day I hve a brownish discharge Wht could this mean
|

replied February 6th, 2012
help!
I need some help....My period is regular every month I know when its coming and everything....but this time instead of getting a period I got brown discharge only for 2 days then it stopped...but my breast hurt just like they would when I get my period and I am experiencing light cramping. Is this still your period...I have never experienced something like this before. I mean I cannot cannot be pregnant....please say it could be something else. YIKES!
|
12 >>
Quick Reply