Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Calendar Conception : When did I Conceive ? Forum

Burning Pain In Leg.

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I'm having a burning feeling in the top part of my leg and the burning feeling keeps coming and going. It feels like a match is being placed up to my skin. What could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 15th, 2005
Anonymous
Http://orthoinfo.Aaos.Org/fact/thr_report. Cfm?Thread_id=297&topcategory=hip

could it be this? I occasionally suffer from this after a lot of time on my feet, and I think it has to do with having more blood volume and weight during pregnancy. Hth
|

replied July 18th, 2005
Anonymous
Burning Leg Pain
I have the same problem, with the burning in the top of the leg, I have had it since gaining weight during pregnancy, my doctor told me it is the sciatic nerve, even though it is at the front of the leg. Very painful and annoying but I have been told that it will go after the birth of the baby.
|

replied August 5th, 2005
Burning On Leg
I have a burning on my leg and stomach i'm not pregnante nor have I beed for 12 years and I haven't gained wait recently
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Re: Burning On Leg
I have had this burning feeling on the top part of my leg also and I haven't been had a baby in over 26 years. It started out on july 14th of this year as a burning and itching all over my legs and arms. Then about a week later it was on my belly, chest and arms. Nothing I did helped it go away. Now everyday since the 28th of july it comes and goes. Sometimes I have it for only a few seconds and other times it stays for up to 15 minutes. I don't know what it is but it does feel like someone is putting a flame near my leg and getting closer. If anyone knows what this could be please let me know.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I have had sciatica pain before--from buttocks down the outside of leg all the way to foot totally debilitating. With it I sometimes get a burning sensation also. And sometimes cold, I think the cold is when the blood begins to fill up the area that has been restricted by my condition--i just think the hot is inflamation. Maybe some advil or motrin might help you in that case.
|

Re: Burning Pain In Leg.
I understand what you are talking about. You see I have the same thing and I know i'm not having a baby :d I had my tubes tied over 26 years ago. But anyway all this started around july 14the. I was waken up out of my sleep with my legs and arms burning and itching. It did feel like a match was over my skin and it itched like poison ivy. It last about 15 minutes and stopped. Then about a week later I woke up again only to have it on my chest, belly and back. Nothing I did helped it. Since then I have been having the burning on the top part of my thigh, right belly my belly. Sometimes it lasted up to 10 minutes and other times only a few seconds. But it burns like crazy, comes and goes day and night. I have an appointment with my family doctor this saturday. Hope she can tell me what's going on. If anyone here knows anything about this problem please let me know and i'll be sure to let my doctor know what i've found out. Thanks! :?
|

replied November 15th, 2005
Anonymous
Burning Pain In Leg
I would like to know if rosegrdn ever got a diagnosis to her problem. I am now having the same symptoms at first I thought I was getting shingles but I never got a rash. It started with the burning on my top thigh then it went to the bottom of my leg sometime it in on my waist. It itches and I have pain. My burning is more like when you get sunburn and it hurts to the touch just like it would if you got sunburn. It feels like the nerve endings are burning.
|

replied November 17th, 2005
Re: Burning Pain In Leg.
gpatrice35 wrote:
i'm having a burning feeling in the top part of my leg and the burning feeling keeps coming and going. It feels like a match is being placed up to my skin. What could this be?
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Burning Leg
I have the same burning in the upper part of my leg. It feels like fire on my skin. I know I am not pregnant. I am male! It only comes on when I walk. If anyone might know what this is, could you please let me know. Thanks,
buring in fl.
|

replied July 17th, 2011
Leg Burning.
I just started having this same burning sensation on my leg. I have no clue what it is, but I am going to continue my research. Thanks for the information you all have presented.
|