Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Swollen Gum With Pus

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Hi. I hope someone could help me remedy this problem i'm having. It has been 2 weeks since my right lower back part of gum covering 4 teeth from the wisdom tooth became swollen. I tried to gently rub a clean finger onto the gum, and saw that there was a small amopunt of pus. I tried to gargle with bactidol, but the swell is still here. Though, I don't get pus anymore. Aside from going to the dentist, how can I remedy this on my own? Can I take antibiotics of some sort or other powerful oral care gargle? Please help. This is urgent!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Sounds like an abcess.. Which is an infection in the gums. Unless it clears up in the next day or two, you will probably need antibiotics for sure, especially to make sure the infection does not spread.
|

replied June 13th, 2005
Experienced User
You'll need some anti-biotics to clear it up.
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
With how much you don't want to go to the dentist, it is only the logical thing to do, you don't want your teeth to fall out due to major infection. Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I agree with the other posters from above, if you do not get this problem taken care of soon it can spread and cause you to start to lose your teeth.
Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2005
Experienced User
wakkochic17 wrote:
sounds like an abcess.. Which is an infection in the gums. Unless it clears up in the next day or two, you will probably need antibiotics for sure, especially to make sure the infection does not spread.

I agree with that, go to your dentist and have them check it out otherwise.
|

replied January 17th, 2009
gum disease.... I think.
Um, sorry to break your bubble, but I have a part of my gum that is way softer than the other gums around it. I have just lost a baby tooth and a baby tooth is coming out. It hurts when i press on it and foul smelling liquid comes out. The tooth next to the affected gum is pointing away in an unnatural manner. I just visited the dentist for a routine check up last week, and my teeth were normal - no cavities, nothing. What do I do?
|

replied March 10th, 2009
HELP!!1
gud pm..i have swollen gums too and with pus.Im scared of what is this.its between my 2 teeth what will I do
|