Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

I Missed Two Pills At Beginning of Pack . . .

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hi,

i missed two pills at the beginning of my pack (i was planning on stopping birth control but decided against it) and my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex twice. I had just finished up my period (there was still some residual bleeding). Is there any way I could be pregnant? Also, could I still take the morning after pill? This happened a week ago.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 26th, 2005
Experienced User
No you cannot take the morning after pill if it has been longer than 72 hours after your un protected sex, yes by having the un protected sex you could be pregnant, though its less likely at the end of your period, are you on the sunday start or anyday start birth control pill?
|

replied May 28th, 2005
I was on sunday start, but I started on tuesday instead. Started taking the pills right after we had sex. If I am pregnant, I am only a little under two weeks along. Unfortunately this morning I started spotting a bit. Is this a bad sign?
|

replied May 28th, 2005
Experienced User
First off, it takes 10 days after first starting your pack to be fully protected, and after missing the first two pills, *which are important ones* you are supposed to use another form of protection, um you could be spotting just from missing pills and your hormones are a little un balanced, or if you were pregnant maybe your mis carraiging.
|