Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Does Popping Cherry Delay Period??

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
If you pop your cherry the day befor you get your period, would it delay it a good amount of time? And what if as its healing the next week you break it again? Please help me, I need to know.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kristigraham
|

replied May 25th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
So, if I understand this correctly, you want to know if having sexual intercourse for the first time on the day before your period is due could delay the onset of your period?

Stress or anxiety can delay your period (or bring it forward), so if you found the experience stressful, it could do by a few days or so. It is, of course, possible to get pregnant the first time you have sex, if protection is not used. This is much less likely at the end of the menstrual cycle, i.E. Just before the period, but it is still possible. So, in that sense, your period could end up being delayed by 9 months.

The second part of your question doesn't really make any sense. There is nothing to "heal" after becoming sexually active. The hymen may break the first time one has sex, hence some bleeding, but many women will already have ruptured this through sport or physical activity before having sex for the first time. In any case, this does not "heal" in any meaningful way.
|

replied July 13th, 2009
cherry popped, delay period?
is it a possible chance that my period may be delayed because i have been having sexual intercourse and my cherry has been popped "often",,???
|

replied July 6th, 2010
i am a virgin. but when my bf fingered me a few nights ago it really hurt at the end. and a few hours later( about 5 hours ) i was bleeding but only a little bit and never bled after that. did i pop my cherry? or am i on my period? or something else? because i dont know if you can bleed few hours later after popping the cherry. please help!
|

replied March 15th, 2012
Popped Cherry
My Girlfriend Fingered Me (Im A Complete Virgan I've Never Had Any Type Of Sexual Anything Until Her) And I Bleed A Lot About 20min Later. The Next Day I Bleed Also Bt Its Not As Red As It Usually Is When I Start My Period What Happened? Did She Pop My Cherry?
|

replied March 15th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Did you expect your period now? Did you have any PMS?

If not, she likely broke your hymen. If It is almost time for your period and you had an orgasm, it can make your period start a bit earlier.

You can take a mirror and look at what is going on. If your hymen was damaged, you should still be able to see the bloody edge.

Take care!
|

replied July 29th, 2012
I'm freaking out I did it for the first time on the 26 we used protection he mostly fingered me and when he put it in it was less than a minute and with protection he did pop my cheery but my period is at the end of the month we did it the 26 I'm scared could I be prego? Should I be worried
|

replied July 29th, 2012
Community Volunteer
As long as he hadthe condom on, and it did not break or fell off, you will be just fine.

Please be careful.
|
Users who thank kristigraham for this post: lizzy4444 

replied July 29th, 2012
Yes he had the condom on never fell off or break
But my period
|
Quick Reply