Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Miscarriage Detection

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I may be going through a miscarriage--could be a nonviable pregnancy and I am wondering if a pregnancy test will come up negative.

I had a positive hpt and doctor test at 4-5 weeks. I lost all pregnancy symptoms shortly after my visit and feel some cramping and some spotting. I can not see the doctor until 3 days from now.

I want to know if I am going to miscarry...If I get another hpt will it show negative --?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 24th, 2005
Miscarriage Detection
Hi,
i just went through the same symptoms. My husband and I have been trying for 7 months. We finally got pregnant. Early on I had some wierd crampy feelings on my left side. I went to my obgyn and had an internal ultrasound. I was measuring about 6 weeks 1 day. We saw the heartbeat. About 1 week and 3 days later I had some light spotting. Light pink blood. After contacting my dr, they did another ultrasound and found that the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks 1 day and there was no heartbeat. I am heart broken. I didn't still feel the signs of being pregnant for the past week. Maybe this will help. But not always is it the signs of a miscarriage. Good luck to you!
|
Did you find this post helpful?