Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Appendicitis Scars

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
I had my appendix removed late february of thi year, and I was wondering when the scars "go away". Mine still look the same from late feb. Thanks :)
|

replied May 24th, 2005
Scarred
Sorry to tell you this, but it will take years for it to heal and disappear.
I had mine removed in 1984 and the scar is still there.
The best thing that you can do to fade it as quickly as possible is to eat well - including plenty of foods with good oils like wheatgerm or almonds (vitamin e) an assortment of seeds like sunflower and pepitas; avocados, some whole milk if you can, and even take a flax seed oil supplement. Carrots (vit. A) and oranges (vit. C) are also good to regenerate the skin. Don't forget all your green leafies.
In addition to nutrition, you can attack the scar tissue from the outside as well. Apply pure vitamin e oil and pure aloe vera these you can alternate, or put together.
There are many theories on what works to remove scars, but you just have to do what you can and be persistent. I will tell you though, that my favourite for fading new scars is to spray watered down 35% hydrogen peroxide which provides pure oxygen to the tissue so the cells can regenerate faster.
Appologies if this is too much information....Just use what you can; if anything.
All the best to you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 28th, 2005
Mine
My appendix scare is really big and it never went away I had mine removed when I was 12 and now I am almost 19
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I really do not worry about it that much, none of my surgery scars do not go away that much, I even have a pretty big birth mark, just accept it and go on. It is not the end of the world.
|

replied December 31st, 2007
Well
They don't ever really go completely away. You'll always be able to see a trace of the scar but they do flatten and lighten up. It depends if you use things like mederma for kids on it though. I got my appendix removed last year in April but I know alot of people that got theirs removed when they're abotu 6 and they've still got the scar 20 years later. If you have the little scar it'll be WAY easier to make go away. If you've got a long one, it's ALOT harder.
|

replied January 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
They will fade but never really disappear altogteher. Try some CoCo Butter ceam on them. Might be to late, but you can try it.
|

replied July 6th, 2010
appendix
i got mine removed when i was 3. im turning 18 next month and its still extremely noticeable. great, right?
|

replied April 6th, 2011
Appendix removed..... Ugly scars remain
I had mine removed last Wednesday...... My surgical tape came off today and I started to cry. I had a beautiful belly button before surgery..... Now it is a revolting hole on my abdomen. All I hope is that maybe when it scars, it looks at least decent...... But I don't know what to do..... Help?
|

replied October 26th, 2011
Bellybutton and scar
Don't worry!! It needs time before your bellybutton get back the "normal" aspect. It normal: they cut open your bellybutton to acced the inside your abdomen, but it will heal soon.
I had an open appendectomy approach, and I have a large scar between my right hip crest and my bellybutton..
|

replied November 1st, 2011
I got mine out 8 days ago, my belly button looks nothing like it did. I'm kinda upset b/c it's been my belly button for so long but at least we are not dead!
|

replied April 29th, 2012
Try using Medurma. Your scar is still fairly new. It works better when you scar is fresher. Medurma is a scar shrinking and reduces the look of the scar.
|

replied April 29th, 2012
Scars fron appendicitis
My surgeon took my belly button. I have a scar down the middle of my abdomen. Medurma, medurma, it's top the line stuff for scars. I've waited a year to use it I just heard how good it works it helps shrink the scar. WalMart sell it for like 16.99 Walgreens 21.89.
|