Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Does Masterbation Cause Zits to Form? (Page 1)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I heard that if a person masterbates they will get pimples..........
I think it happend to me because each time I do it a couple pop on my face.....................
Even if we see a guy that has a lot of pimples, they would go up to him and say stop masterbating......

Please reply..................................... .......................................... .................
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper vipplaya
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
It may be possible but I doubt it. I mean when you masturbate that might get your hormones flowing and that might cause some pimples to pop up, but then again im not a dermatologist.
|

replied May 30th, 2005
In my experience, it does affect, cause when I stop it clears up, then when I continue, it comes back....Thats all
|

replied June 10th, 2005
Give me a break! That sounds ridiculous-i would like to see a study done on that. I am sure there would be many volunteers!
|

replied June 12th, 2005
Sex Drive
Ive been told by a dermatologist that the stronger your sex drive is the more acne you have.
If you masturbate more your sex drive is probably stronger, therefore you will have more acne.
|

replied July 14th, 2005
Masterbation Acne
To answer ur question it is quite possible masterbation could cause acne in some people...Or slightly aggravate it...There r other issues to this but its only 4 men due to the fact that when u ejaculate u lose zinc...I read that in a nutrition book men r more prone to being deficient in zinc when sexual active bc semun has zinc in it...Just like women are more prone to losing iron bc we get periods once a month....The book did not mention acne...But put two and two together...Being low in zinc could cause some acne in people..Hope this helps
|

replied December 19th, 2005
When I was a lot younger and hormones were raging, I had lots of pimples. I' m not sure though because i've been using facial cleansers for quite a long time now.
|

replied December 31st, 2005
This is garbage.

Acne is generally caused by chemical residue left over on your skin. When you masturbate, sweat or exercise your skin pores open. When it opens, chemical residue particles fall right in conveniently causing acne.

The reason why you may seem to be affected by masturbation is because it is far easier for particles to fall in your open pores than if you were... Let's say running a mile. Unless you were a serious masturbator, you probably don't sweat enough to keep the particles out.

Missing zinc is not related one bit. You can always compensate it by eating oysters or other food with high zinc. That has nothing to do with it. It's like short on vitamin.
|

replied January 11th, 2006
Masturbation Causing Pimples
This is crazy. Any doctor that told you this needs to be reported
to the state medical association. Change your doctors immediately.
This problem is hormone related and tied to your oil glands, which are typically overactive during teen years.

Please send me the name and phone number of any dermatologist that says otherwise.
|

User Profile
replied September 6th, 2012
masturbation acne relations
Hi just read your post, although i replied 6 years after you posted this one, but accdg. to the research i found in the net, masturbation may cause acne and zits. Usually our skin is glowing when it is rich in zinc and vit e. When acne occurs different factors are to be considered, like stress, hormonal imbalance, hygience, allergy and most importanly zinc and vit e defficiency.
During masturbation zinc is an essential element which is being released. If we lack zinc or vit e, these may cause skin break out. It would be advisable that we need to have good zinc and vit e supply in our body to have beautiful and healthy glowing skin.
|

replied January 12th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Masturbation Causing Pimples
porcupinephil wrote:
this is crazy. Any doctor that told you this needs to be reported

This problem is hormone related and tied to your oil glands, which are typically overactive during teen years.

Please send me the name and phone number of any dermatologist that says otherwise.

ummmmmm wouldn't the urge to masturbate be caused by horomones also???? Therefor there could be some corrolation....I wouldn't say masturbating causes you to breakout, but the rise of horomone levels causes you to be horney and also to break out!!
|

replied January 12th, 2006
Masturbation And Acne
You make a good point and there may be some truth to your theory.
However, don't confuse coorelation with cause/effect. For example,
there is a co-relationship between people who die with thoses that drink
milk, (actually close to a 100% relationship). This should not be taken to mean that drinking milk causes you to die.

I have read thousands or medical articles over the years and talked to dozens of doctors. I have never heard or seen anything to document this idea. Virtually all males masturbate to a degree and the majority of females do also. It could be debatable concerning masturbation causing high hormone levels or the high hormone levels causing masturbation.
Trust me, in no way does masturbation cause acne, blindness, hair in your palms, bed wetting, and about 100 other myths. Talk to your doctor and don't listen to what someone heard that a doctor once said.
|

replied January 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Masturbation, Acne, ...
Well, I never heard such before till now. I do not believe masturbation causes skin problems of any kind.

Besides, masturbation is a form of sex. If it causes acne, then intercourse should produce same results, right?

:? What is right or wrong about masturbation? There is a lot of controversy surrounding the subject.
|

replied January 14th, 2006
This is nonsense in every way. To say masturbation causes acne, is like saying spitting causes acne. Again, garbage.
|

replied January 26th, 2007
Re: Masturbation Causing Pimples
porcupinephil wrote:
this is crazy. Any doctor that told you this needs to be reported

this has been proved in asian research, but who makes money if everyone knows how to cure their acne???

Nature has a way to cure any ailment

a conventional md will tell you that stress and diet do not cause acne, but they can. Acne is caused by the over production of oil or sebum. Coenzyme-a is a crucial component in the metabolism of fats. It is also crucial to the krebs cyle. So people become deficient of the enzyme because of heredity or heavy strain on the sexual or adrenal organs. Your body gives priority to sexual organs when it comes to distributing coenzyme-a, so if there is not enough for other processess, the body can oil or sebum out of the skin because it was not able to metabolize it. If I didnt explain that well look up b5 and acne...The truth is doctors make to much money from prescriptions to let people no about natural remedies. I had the clearest skin until my senior year, that happend to be the first time I started to masterbate, didnt know why then, but my skin got progressively worse, I took tetracycline and used murad, as well as proactive nothing work. With proactive my skin did clear up for a while but it always returned. My skin was extremly oily. I take b5 to treat my acne. Many will try to sell for 45$ and such but you can find b5 200cap 500mg for around 9$ online. All things can be cured naturally, the trillion dollar drug industry doesnt care for you to be cured only treated
|

replied July 1st, 2007
Re: Does Masterbation Cause Zits to Form?
1988 i was born wrote:

I think it happend to me because each time I do it a couple pop on my face.....................

Even if we see a guy that has a lot of pimples, they would go up to him and say stop masterbating......

Please reply..................................... .......................................... .................

that is not true i have sex and masterbate everyday and i have a perfectly clean face
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Does Masterbation Cause Zits to Form?
1988 i was born wrote:

I believe you are stressing and that is causing pimples. Do yourself a favor and don't stress out. Consider what you are putting into your system ie food wise and go to a naturopath to ensure you are on the right track. Pimples is a reaction that you are having whether it be to food, stress, toxin release or vitamin deficiency. Find out from a naturopath and do as he suggests.
|

replied March 25th, 2008
For sporty people
You know,

I think this theory only applies to people that are really physically active.

A little story:

I used to have a really bad acne problem when I was younger. But I never started jerkin off till I was like 20. However when I did so, my face started clearing up. When this happened I was a happy chappy. BELIEVE YOU ME.

Any ways, during this time, I got really into martial arts and keeping fitt. So I stopped doing my mornin and evening tugs.

Then I was noticing more spotts startin to appear. The f**ked up thing is, when I go back to jerkin off, the spotts dont disappear!! Instead new ones pop-up and my whole body is drained of energy!!! My muscle tone disappears, I cant perform in the gym. It just sucks!! And dont tell me this is all in the mind. Cause it f**kin aint.

So I'm on the ROCKY routine and have stopped tuggin for a while now.. and my face is really clear.
However, what sucks is... a) Im scared to have any sexuall activity.. in fear that the acne is goin to pop back up. b) my anger levels are sky high. I am almost always in a bad mood. c) Im scared that by jerkin off my energy levels will drop.

So, for you that are nay saying the theory... just try goin out and being as physically activity as I am. Then go and jerk off. See what happens. I am almost certain.. you are goin to change your mind.
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
Does Masterbation Cause Zits to Form?
Alright coming from a seventeen year old who has struggled with severe acne for a year, let me give you the lowdown. The answer to your question is yes. I've tried every acne treatment on the market. I've been to the dermatologist, and a naturopathic doctor. Nothing worked but ofcourse I was using these treatments
whilst masterbating up to three times a day.... everyday. One day I was at my wits end I was researching acne causes and treatments on the internet when I came across a thread with the topic we are discussing now. So I did my treatments without masterbating. Long story short my acne went away and never came back.
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
Does Masterbation Cause Zits to Form?
Interesting connection.... I started masterbating heavily when i was in 5th grade, at about the age of 10 or 11. Thats when it started. At 14 it was the worse it had ever been. Now, at 16, after using a couple of different methods to clear my face up (like proactive and clearasil) i found that my face has cleared up alot. However, I have also toned down on the masterbation to maybe one to three times a week max, so perhaps there is a small connection, but not one too serious. Hope this helped you out a little bit.
|

replied April 2nd, 2009
My experience
I have had acne since about 13, i'm 17 (almost 1Cool now and i noticed a pattern.

Trust me i have experience with this topic and i have found something that worked. Masterbating seems to cause my once bad acne to break out.

I first noticed when i went to the beach in a crowded hotel room with family, gess what that means no wacking off... well my acne was clearer then ever! until we got back home and i started agin.

years later i stoped agin and almost within a day i could notice it was going away. Its been about 2 weeks now and its getting clearer every day.

I have used many acne treatment products and none work but now i use nothing and its going away.

If you have acne you should definitely give what i said a try.

1. dont masterbate
2. (optional) mabey just quit useing acne treatments all togeather.

I dont realy feel like useing them agin fearing it might backfire.
|
12 >>
Tags: pimples, skin
Quick Reply