Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Can You Get Your Period And Still Be Pregnant (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
The last time I had unprotected sex was in april. This month I got my period 6 days early (which is unusual). It lasted 6 days like normal but 7 days after my period ended I had bleeding which seemed like a period but only lasted two days. It wasn't as heavy as my usual period but it wasn't real light. I don't have any sypmtoms of pregnacy. My stomach feels bloated, I thought it was because of my period but ive been off for around 3-4 days (i dont know if thats a symptom of pregnacy). I was just wondering if I could be pregnant :?:
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper princess529_98
|

replied June 2nd, 2005
Can I Be Pregnant In Still Have Me Period
I had sex the last week in april in my period came but it only stay on for two days. In may I started getting symptoms of sicks in now my nips is hunting. Can someone help me.
|

replied June 2nd, 2005
Well..In some very rare cases it may happen that you get pregnant and still have periods. So it would be best to go for a pregnancy test.
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
Go to the doctor that is your best bet. Anyway how old are you. Doesn't anyone have protrected sex anymore are you girls really ready to have children?
|

replied September 28th, 2011
this is a relpy to the judgmental lady
How bout mind ur own business and just give adivice. Nagging helps noone grandma.. they already madebthey mistake oh well ot was thiers to make so now help or don't comment..
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2012
I agree with you. I may be pregnant too though, however, I have my education and I'm well on my way to college. Too many young girls are getting pregnant. If you aren't ready to bare a child and take on that extremely difficult responsibility then you shouldn't be having sex.

Love,
Jess
|

replied September 10th, 2013
Why do you assume she is a young "girl" who isn't ready or capable of taking care of a child? She didn't say she wasn't trying to have a child, just simply asking whether it is a possibility since she had a period. Your broad generalization of her being young and dumb, just because she didn't have protected sex, is ignorant.
|

replied September 10th, 2013
Why do you assume she is a young "girl" who isn't ready or capable of taking care of a child? She didn't say she wasn't trying to have a child, just simply asking whether it is a possibility since she had a period. Your broad generalization of her being young and dumb, just because she didn't have protected sex, is ignorant.
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
A good friend of mine her daughter who is 25 had been gaining some weight so she started taking diet pills to help her lose.After quite sometime on the pills she wasnt losing but still gaining a little here a little there she still had regular periods and everything no symptoms of being pregnant. She finally went to the doctor the other day and found out she was 6 months pregnant she had no idea. So yes you can still be pregnant and have periods you dont hear of it that often but it can happen..The best thing is if you think you are or might be go to your doctor. This is gonna be her third child her first two she had no periods during pregnancy and she had morning sickness this time she has periods and no sickness so I guess ya never know so go see a doctor. :d
|

replied July 3rd, 2013
Thank you this helped me..
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
Im sorry but being 6 months pregnant and not knowing you are is pretty far from believing. How intune is your friend with her body. How can a person go on without having one single periond for 6 months and ooops she's now preggo. Come on lets get more responsibile with ourselves. Even missing one period shoul alarm you to see a ob/gyn
|

replied March 28th, 2011
did you not read the comment
I see all your post are trying to make the person feel bad,one what makes you above making mistakes, stuff happens. 2 you didn't even read this correctly, she did have her period you idiot. so stop posting stuff like that. My teacher who is fat didn't know she was preg till the day before she gave birth, she was and irregular person and she just though she was getting fat.
|
Users who thank japcat for this post: asmelton 

replied March 28th, 2011
rude!
|

replied September 28th, 2011
Ur kidding right?? U must be one of those stuck up judgemental ppl.. hve fun w that
|

replied April 6th, 2012
read it properly, she still was having periods
|

replied April 23rd, 2012
I myself was 18weeks and did not know i was pregnant. i had been sick all day every day for 3 months i had 5 preg tests and 4 blood tests done by my doc and they all came back neg i wsa being sent for a test to have a camera put into my stomach and i found out 3 days b4 that i was infact pregnant with doing a home test and my first scan showed that i was 18wks gone so it is infact possible.
|

replied May 30th, 2012
omg..
You need to learn how to read she said her friend had her regular period for 6months straight and found out she was even pregnant durring the whole 6monts..smfh..
|

replied June 19th, 2012
Just read your comment & have noticed that if you read it properly it states that she HAD regular period thus why she didnt think was preganant & yes it can happen to people not everyone is the same & sometimes people's life's are that hectic & stressfull you just dont have the time to keep intune with your body, people can put alot of things down to stress so dont jump in there mt know it all Experienced user my arse !!!
|

replied June 19th, 2012
Just read your comment & have noticed that if you read it properly it states that she HAD regular period thus why she didnt think was preganant & yes it can happen to people not everyone is the same & sometimes people's life's are that hectic & stressfull you just dont have the time to keep intune with your body, people can put alot of things down to stress so dont jump in there mt know it all Experienced user my arse !!!
|

replied April 11th, 2013
It's very believable cause my mother didn't know she was 5 months pregnant cause she got her periods and she didn't gain weight until then that's how she found out, I know other people its happened to as well and there is a TV show called I didn't know I was pregnant, so before accusing someone of lying check first!!!
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.

replied June 7th, 2005
Experienced User
I had my period for my entire pregnancy and didnt find out till I was 11 weeks so actually it can happen not very often but it does I should know I know a lady that had 3 children her periods were normal and 3 days b4 she gave birth she found out she was pregnant and u dont have to be absolutly in-touch with your body not to know sometimes ppl just dont have any symptoms just bcoz it hasn't happened to u doesnt mean it doesnt happen so maybe u should just start believing ppl wen it happens because it does!
|

replied July 30th, 2012
Its not a period it is vaginal bleeding it has nothing to do with your period and it is very normal to bleed during a pregnancy
|

replied June 8th, 2005
I Still Don't Now If I'm Pregnant R Not
I had my period 4 dis month n I had sex went my period on n my boyfriend nuttin in I don't now if I got pregnant then r not n I no that is nasty but I don't care .
|

replied June 8th, 2005
I Still Don't Now If I'm Pregnant R Not
I got my period dis month n I had sex wit it on wit my boyfriend n be4 we stop he nuttin in me n now I don't no if i'm pregnant r not ,n I now that is nasty but I don't care.
|

replied July 7th, 2005
Can U Get Ur Period And Be Pregnant
I had unprotected sex and I had the symptoms for being pregnant, but then a I got my period 10 days early and I still have the symptoms.I have back aches, nausea, am getting fatter and am tired all of the time, my breast are getting bigger. Is there a chance that I might be pregnant????
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Re: Can I Be Pregnant In Still Have Me Period
tottie20 wrote:
i had sex the last week in april in my period came but it only stay on for two days. In may I started getting symptoms of sicks in now my nips is hunting. Can someone help me.

hunny I am sorry to inform you but your most deffently pregnat because what you thought was your peroid was most liky just spotting or when the egg is planting it's into the lining of the uterus
|

replied July 25th, 2005
Okie, well, you can be pregg, and bleed. Its not called a period when you are pregnant and bleeding, because a period is caused in your monthly cycle, (when your uterine lining sheds and the egg dies, etc)
my mother, had a similar occurence happen, she bled for two days and thought it was her period, later, she found out she was pregnant with my sister.
I suggest a test, if it is negative, but you still think you might be pregnant,there are other alternatives. A blood test from the doctor, perhaps, or, you can ask for an ultrasound to be sure. (sometimes pregnancy tests dont read out like they should, but this is very rare) also, women with abnormal periods have a hard time tracking a pregnancy, I have known myself to go for three or four months without a period, and still not be pregnant.
|

replied July 25th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
jesticle wrote:
i had my period for my entire pregnancy and didnt find out till I was 11 weeks so actually it can happen not very often but it does I should know I know a lady that had 3 children her periods were normal and 3 days b4 she gave birth she found out she was pregnant and u dont have to be absolutly in-touch with your body not to know sometimes ppl just dont have any symptoms just bcoz it hasn't happened to u doesnt mean it doesnt happen so maybe u should just start believing ppl wen it happens because it does!

three days before she gave birth she found out she was pregnant...Sorry but I do not believe that for one minute. Thats total bullsh*t.
|

replied October 22nd, 2012
Why are you all being such b***hes about people telling their stories piss off if you dont want to hear them
|

replied April 24th, 2006
I don't think finding out you are pregnant a few days before giving birth is hard to believe. I have read a lot of cases like that and have seen people who were pregnant but totally didn't look like it so I do think it could happen and I don't think that people on this site would lie about stuff because they are either here to get answers or they are here to try to help and I just don't think that people would lie about stuff because they wouldn't want people to lie if it were there question.
|

replied April 9th, 2012
have you never seen the show "I didn't know I was pregnant"??
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, it does happen, I am no dr but I had three periods with both of my children(now adults) and they are great, the only way that I realised that I was pregnant is because I started getting real tired my second month, at that point thank goodness we gave up on getting pregnant so I was not on b/c or anything because after being married for a while and my past pregnancy's failed so I just gave up on giving birth or getting pregnant and surprise, what do you know, I was really pregnant successfully 2 times.
The best to you especially those that are ttc!
|

replied August 20th, 2012
were your periods normal? because mine was a day early and lasted for 2days and then stoppped for 24yours and then started again for a couple more day but it was only light.
|

replied April 25th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi Sandyallen
Oh were ur periods normal ones when u were preggy?
|

replied June 25th, 2007
well i need someones to help me with this!!!!! (plz) well i am 17 and my first pr3gnancy so i know wat the symptoms are!! well i started to get the sympthoms u know trha nusea,back & h3ad ach3, tired, going to tha bathroom alot!!!!! so i thought i was pregnant !!!! but just to make sure i waited to see if i got my period! and that day came and i didnt get it ! so i got excited cause i thought i was pregnant!!! but than 3 weeks later my period came but it was werid cause it was very light and it lasted for two days!!!! so could i be pregnant Confused
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
chacana17 wrote:
w3ll i n33d som3on3s to h3lp m3 with this!!!!! (plz) w3ll i am 17 and my first pr3gnancy so i know wat tha sympthoms ar3!! w3ll i start3d to g3t tha sympthoms u know trha nusea,back & h3ad ach3, tired, going to tha bathroom alot!!!!! so i thought i was pregnant !!!! but just to make sure i waited to see if i got my period! and that day came and i didnt get it ! so i got excited cause i thought i was pregnant!!! but than 3 weeks later my period came but it was werid cause it was very light and it lasted for two days!!!! so could i be pregnant Confused

You need to take a pregnancy test. No one can tell you if you are pregnant. Take a test.
|

replied May 29th, 2012
RAISING A CHILD IS HARD WORK...I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOUR MOMMY TOLD YOU...ITS NOT GOING TO BE ALRIGHT. YOU'RE NOT READY..FOR EXAMPLE, LOOK AT YOUR POOR GRAMMAR. STAY IN SCHOOL, BUT FROM UNDER THE BLEACHERS! IN FACT, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SKIPPED SEX ED.
|

replied June 14th, 2012
Wish there was a LIKE button for this statement!
|

replied November 20th, 2007
I Need Help
well this is a bit diffucault i think im pregant im only 14 i havent hadf my peried in 3 moths but i havent been eating so it effect my perieds but then i had sex and eat quitwe alot so i dont misss it and i think i may be pregant and ive felt dizzy hot tired put on bit of wight havent got my peried going to the loo like 6 imes evrey 3 hours or 2 when i stand up my belly is small but when i sit down its not hard t jsut seem like fat but that nomal right cos the baby is laying down i soupse and kinda hjard and my nipples kinda big and got a litte brown not mutch help plz
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
have you taken a home preg test?
If you're not sure then test.
|