Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Jaw And Chest Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Every couple of weeks I get a pain in my jaw that runs up to my ear. Then I get a chest pain which leaves me short of breath. I literally have to stop whatever I am doing. Within 5 minutes all pain subsides but it leaves me feeling weak. I have even gotten this in my sleep. Would any one out there know what this pain is? I have had my heart checked including an ekg and a stress test and the doctor could not find anything wrong.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2008
Doctor
According to the ECG and stress test the chest pain is probably not originating from the heart. You can consult some dentist for that jaw pain. If there is nothing wrong again, it could be anxiety causing your pains.
|

replied April 18th, 2013
What can cause the jaw to want to feel like its gonna lock n stay shut n have short breath n chest pains n feeling like I wanted to faint
|

replied April 18th, 2013
What can cause the jaw to want to feel like its gonna lock n stay shut n have short breath n chest pains n feeling like I wanted to faint
|

replied September 27th, 2012
So I am 15, and last year in my freshmen French class, I started having jaw pain, but it wasn't lockjaw. Then, for some reason, I got a migraine, which wasn't too uncommon, but I never have jaw pain. Then, chest pain started to occur, and it felt like a hammer was pounding on my chest. I thought I could have been having a heart attack, so I laid down during the class movie, and took shallow breaths while on my back. After about five or ten minutes, all the pain disappeared at once. Could this have been signs of a heart attack or stroke?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied April 19th, 2013
How u know for sure if ur having a heart attack
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski