Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Tanning Bed

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Does ne one think that a tanning bed would hurt like the few 2 or 3 weeks of pregnancy...I didnt know I was pregnant and I went tanning and I think about it a lot....Will it make the baby look weird or hurt it or ne thing even though it was really early. I heard it can bake the baby :( :s
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 21st, 2005
Experienced User
I think you will be okay as long as you stop doing it.
|

replied May 21st, 2005
Experienced User
Well thats good to hear because right after I found I was pregnant which was when I was about 4.5 weeks pregnant..I didnt do it ne more..I just did it that one time b4 I knew ...Its kinda hard not to tan expecially when I have a tanning bed in my house....Relaly sux cuz now im getting white lol..:( oh well, its not good for the baby so im not gonna do it.
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
rae_06 wrote:
well thats good to hear because right after I found I was pregnant which was when I was about 4.5 weeks pregnant..I didnt do it ne more..I just did it that one time b4 I knew ...Its kinda hard not to tan expecially when I have a tanning bed in my house....Relaly sux cuz now im getting white lol..:( oh well, its not good for the baby so im not gonna do it.
yeah I wouldnt' worry about it.. How far along are you now??? I know i'm so white and I want to tan.. I'm gona ask my Dr. About the fake tan lotion and see if I should use that..(i'm desperate)lol.. I"m 21-22 weeks pregnant.. When I found out I was about 4 weeks to but that really means the baby is only 2 weeks or your concieved 2 weeks ago.. Cause they go by the date of your last period so it adds about 2 weeks on from the time you concieve... So I think your safe.. Good luck
|