Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Swollen Abdomen

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
For the past three months or so I have had some serious issues with my bowel movements and the bloating of my lower abdomen. I have had constipation for two weeks and the only reason I went was because of prescribe laxatives by my doctor. Then when my bowel movements were regulated my abdomen was still swollen. It is my lower abdomen and I get pain when touching it on the left and right side and also on my upper stomach. Sometimes I get serious pains deep inside my stomach. Also, I do not have much of an appetitie because I feel full all the time. Now I go to the bathroom but I never have normal stool, it is always watery and sometimes it is green. I am driving myself crazy because I feel bloated and fat everyday and it is making me miserable. What could this be?????

Blotation betty
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 20th, 2005
Do you think it's possible you may have uterine fibroids?
|

replied May 20th, 2005
Maybe?? Im not too sure. I looked up the symptoms of the uterine fibroids on the internet, and I do not seem to fit in that category. I do not have pain during sex, and my menstrual cycle is the usual...But I may not get all the symptoms so it is possible...I really do not know! Thanks for the input! Any other ideas anyone??
|

replied May 20th, 2005
I have had fibroids in 1999 and had them removed. The symptoms I had then were what you spoke of....Heavy bleeding, pain during sex, constipation and frequent urination that typical that you dont have. I have fibroids yet again which are bigger and more of them but do not have any symptoms that I had before except constipation. My periods are very light and hardly there at all. The doctor told me the reason most likely for that was that the fibroids werent pushing on the inside. You should have your ob/gyn check it out to be sure.
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Sounds Like Fibroids to Me
I just found out I have abnormally large fibroids. I have had no pains at all and never would have guessed that much action was going on in my uterus. My period was normal. The symptoms you have sound very much like mine only I did not know them then. I look like I am 7 months pregnant. I have been overweight for 2 years and thought the belly was due to weight gain since I never had one before. I would strongly suggest you see a gyno. Asap. Let me know how it goes....
|

replied August 23rd, 2005
Swollen Abdomen
I have ulcerative colitis (uc) which caused all those symptoms. It sounds a lot like that or irratable bowl syndrom (ibs) . Is it worse when you eat things like peanuts or whole wheat? Also have you been to the doctor about this? You rally need to if you havent.
|

replied September 10th, 2010
Possible stomach Fibroid?..My mom was just diagnosised with it being in her stomach and not uterus. She has pain and watery stool also. She has also been complaining that her stomach is larger and bloated. Hope that helps..
|