Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Nightmares Coming Alive, Extreme Sleep Problems

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
Oh man I need some help here. I don't understand what is happening to me. I have this problem with sleeping, the whole thing is a problem, going to sleep staying asleep and waking up. It's terrible, it tares me apart, see the problem is the twisted loss of reality the minute a get into my bed and everything after that. It happens usually the second I turn the light off. I will get into bed and try to sleep,then after about 2 minutes weird stuff starts to happen, it's like I feel like i'm sliping away everytime I go to sleep. My eyes play tricks on me or at the moment I hope that is whats going on. I see simply things like my coat hanging up on the door and then my eyes will go out of focus and the coat looks like some kind a robber or someone who's going to attack me. I'm 18 I know this isn't supposed to be happening to me. The problem isn't that all this weird stuff is happening it's the paranoid thoughts of things I relate to what might be causing them.
Along time ago I went depressed and suicidal and overdosed and all that stupid stuff, I took alot of sleeping pills 50 to be exact (they were supposed to be strong prescibed).. Anyways after that I was put on school medical leave and was home alone alot, started to remember the feeling the sleeping pills brought me and then I got stupid again and started a abuse on the sleeping pills, I actually liked the way the sleeping pills made me feel, I took like 15 to 20 at sometimes for weeks, just to feel that feeling of out of body. But that was along time ago. Now the thing thats driving me crazy is that everytime I go to sleep now, I feel that feeling of being overdosed, panicy, confused, and fugged. It's like my mind is telling me something is wrong and something bad is going to happen but I know nothing is going to happen...It keeps getting worse and worse everytime and now its got to a point where I wake up with stiff back pains and sharp pains in my head...

This is bad because i'm trying to get into the medical field, im starting my paramedics class on the 31, can anyone help me with this .. ???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 19th, 2005
It seems like the sleeping pills are the cause of your paranoia at sleep. U see a psichiatrist or a neurologist?
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
I used to see a pyschcia.., but it's been awhile, it's hard because I can't get around alot and i'm so tired all the time from my sleep problems, but I guess I should see one then, I was supposed to get an eeg last month but I couldn't get anybody to take me. So I guess i'm all twisted up. Just need a hand once in a while..
|

replied June 2nd, 2005
Are you able to sleep durring the day?
|

replied June 5th, 2005
Sometimes..
I can sleep at times but mostly in the morning I get really tired and end up sleeping through. It really screws things up but I think I getting used to it, i'm just drinking alot of coffee.. Thanks
|

replied June 11th, 2005
Acupuncture helped me with my sleep disturbances! I know it is difficult but I would lay of the coffee as much as possible. Sometimes after ingesting a lot of drugs our organs have a tough time catching up!... Yikes I know the feeling... Healing with whole food's by paul pichford has helped me and my friends tremendously... It is a wonderful reference! Cheers
|

replied June 12th, 2005
Being really tired can also be a problem. When I am really tired sometimes I fall asleep and feel like my dream is real and I am trying to scream and cant get up or move and I will dream I fall of the bed and try to crawl out to find someone to help me wake up. That happens when im really tired and I dont want to go to sleep when im that tired because I know it is going to happen. Anyway, it also seems you have some type of fear or emotional problem along with it.
|

replied June 18th, 2005
I agree.. Sounds like the sleeping pills are the source of your paranoia. I know it's hard, but can someone be in the room with you to reassure you while you sleep? If not, maybe sleep earlier, lik 6 while its still light, and keep the lights on or something. Take it from me, my cousin had the exact same problem, he abused sleping pills and it's hell for him to get to sleep. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(
ophelia
|

replied June 21st, 2005
Ya I think you need to see a psichiatrist immediately.
Its better to be late than to be sorry.
The condition you have stated does seem quite comlicated and not something normal people are expected experience in their normal lives. So instead of posting here go and seek professional help.
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
I Can't Sleep
I cant sleep at night cuz know one is there. I wanna sleep when people are around so I sleep during the day I hate to be alone cuz I start to think what is the meaning of life and I think about life after death and I hate it I sometimes I wish I didnt think at all I use to wanna kill my-self over it and now I think about others who love me but I don't wanna get old I am sacred to die and I don't wanna think of these things anymore please someone help me I am only 17 and can't take it anymore
|