Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Std's Without Genital Contact of Any Sort?

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
Possible or not?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes!
Yes, but you have to clarify on what you describe as an std and what exactly you are concerned about. You can catch "infections" without genital contact. I will say it loud and clear...You can catch an std and the transmission does not have to be from the genital area.
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey
Does it have to be skin contact or can I just catch one? Because I have these small bumps all over my vulvar area, and I cant determine whether it is just fordyces disease or something else.
|

replied May 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Need Information
What is your age, sex, and sexual history? I need you to take it easy and understand that you are asking for a diagnosis. You do know that it is impossible to accurately perform that type of response. However, I can help you as long as you understand that stress can produce nearly any possible symptom.

Explain the area of concern, if you had them before, if they hurt, how wide are they. Give a little more information. You may feel free to talk in private.

Finally, please rest assured that whatever you are experiencing is somthing that can be treated, if necessary. You do not have anything fatal. It will snow in miami before you catch something fatal, if I could help it!
|