Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Ready to Deliver!!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Oh y'all I am so uncomfortable! Bella is tipping the scales at 5 lbs and a couple of ounces and shes so long, a good 20 inches! It might sound average for a 34 weeker but it makes me terribly uncomfy. Im only 5 feet tall and she is constantly kicking my ribs, my doc told me to be careful when sitting because she has already signifigantly bruised and possibly cracked my lower right rib! Nobody thought I would make it this long and now im praying every day that I go into labor. Im not sure how much longer I can hold her, im also worried about delivery and how I am going to get her out if she gets much bigger!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 13th, 2005
Experienced User
Awww...You've only got a few more weeks!!!! Hang in there girl!
|

replied May 14th, 2005
Experienced User
You are so close good luck!! She will come when she is ready.
|

replied May 14th, 2005
Hey
I enjoyed my pregnancy so much, but towards the end it was so hard! My baby was born at 35 weeks, a healthy 5 lbs, 9oz. Exactly when she was ready. Just try to enjoy what u can, cuz there will be a time when u will wish she was inside once again! :d
good luck and god bless girl!!!

Pro-life!
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Girl, we are in a race....Due the same day!! Colby has dropped but I am only really tired. I am ready and excited!
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Oh I hope that bella comes sometime soon. She has also dropped which makes it really uncomfortable for me, just getting in and out of the shower is a tedious task now!
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Hey
babymama2005 wrote:
oh I hope that bella comes sometime soon. She has also dropped which makes it really uncomfortable for me, just getting in and out of the shower is a tedious task now!
hey be carefull doin that, I fell during my pregnancy in the tub, and right on the baby too. Do you know if you are heving her vaginal, or c-section (thats what I had), natural or epidural? I suggest a spinal, they are so painless, that u dont even know when they do it! I'v heard things about epidurals, so be educated! Anyway keep us posted on how you are, and when u have her, cuz u really got me interested now! Good luck with the upcomming event.... You'll need it!
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Experienced User
I am having her vaginally and with no pain medicine, except staydol or nubain. Honestly I just cant pay for an epidural and I have been in the hospital so many times in my short life that I am very resistant to any medication. When I went in for pre-term labor they gave me demerol to try to stop my contractions. They gave me a dose that supposedly would have knocked a grown man out, it did not work, then they proceeded to give me 2 more doses of the same magnitude! The funny thing was, 10 minuets after giving me the medicine I got up by myself and went to the bathroom because I was not going to use the bed pan or the portable potty that they provided for me. Lol, my nurse came in and freaked out! So I think it would be awful for me to pay for the epidural and have to go through the pain of having a needle stuck in my back, and then have the thing not work! Of coarse, these are only my wishes! If I had to have a c-section I most definantly would! Infact I will most likely do whatever the doctor says, I just like to think that im the one in control. Hense the reason I have so much fun with steen! Lmao
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Hey you know about medicade dont you? I had pregnancy medicade, and now my daughter is on it. I'm so happy that I got on it bacause when I got the bill it was over 21 thousand dollars! .... Not to scare you or anything! Anyway if you think u can do it on ur own... More power to u! I wish I couldve, but I couldnt work during my pregnancy cuz of coplications, and my husband is not from this country so he cant legally work, although he has a job, hes not paid much because of his status. I work now (at a daycare) so my daughter is the only one on it. I'm so happy that there are things like medicade to help women out.

Yeah steen has no idea! :lol:
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Hey
And u are the one in control girl, you employ that doctor, dont you let him forget that!
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, ad hominems sure suit the two of you. Just your style, isn't it!
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Steen
What is he talkn about now.... Oh who cares!
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Experienced User
I love that he feels the need to secure his masculinity even when we are not talking about anything that threatens it!!!! Lmao lmao, this crap is so funny that even bella is lhao!
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Steen the Bean
....Really!!! Maybe there is a forum for him to get help with that!
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Experienced User
O.M.G. Girl I think I just wet my pants!!!!!! You know you have to have a sense of humor to endure motherhood otherwise my ego would really be hurting right now!!!
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2005
Community Volunteer
Oh god jen I know exactly how you feel. Trey is 5 1/2 lbs and i'm 34 1/2 weeks. At the doc's today they said he's a lil large (well no duh!!!) i'm sick of being preggers i'm so ready for this lil boy to come out, I don't think I can wait another 5 weeks. I just wanna tie my own shoes and shave my bikini area-lol or at least see it.

Soon girl. How's your health?
|

replied May 17th, 2005
Experienced User
I actually went to the doctor today and my doctor said that she could touch the top of bella's head! I am dilated a bit and soon after my visit I started to bleed like a period! I freaked out and my mom yelled at a few people so that we could talk to a doctor because the office was closed. The doc on call said that it was most likely because my cervix is open and when she did the internal exam she torn it a little because she wasnt expecting that kind of dilation. Its not anything significant just enough to cause a little bleeding. So hopefully soon I will be having this little girl! My membranes are still intact.
|

replied May 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Re: Ready to Deliver!!!
babymama2005 wrote:
oh y'all I am so uncomfortable! Bella is tipping the scales at 5 lbs and a couple of ounces and shes so long, a good 20 inches! It might sound average for a 34 weeker but it makes me terribly uncomfy. Im only 5 feet tall and she is constantly kicking my ribs, my doc told me to be careful when sitting because she has already signifigantly bruised and possibly cracked my lower right rib! Nobody thought I would make it this long and now im praying every day that I go into labor. Im not sure how much longer I can hold her, im also worried about delivery and how I am going to get her out if she gets much bigger!
how come you are going to deliver so early?? Or are you just saying you want to deliver now??? I hope everything is ok... I'll pray for you.. Take care of your self everything will turn out just fine.. Good luck.. Let us know when you have her..I"m 21 weeks and it already seems like i've been pregnant forever.. Then agian I found out when I was only a couple weeks.. Take care
|

replied July 16th, 2009
Girl i am 34w5d and i am soooooo ready to have this baby!!! omg i dont know wht to do!!! im pretty sure i wont make it to term...i refuse to....if she is not here by week 38 im going in after her!!!
|