Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Infrequent Urination

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Hi there! I am a healthy 21 year old female, but I have recently become concerned with the fact that I do not urinate often. I have really noticed the problem over the past 2 years, but I think it has been a problem for longer than that and I just didn't realize it. Most days, I urinate 2-3 times, though there are days when I will go 4 or 5 times. I drink a lot of water (more than 80 ounces a day) and I also drink teas and some juices in addition to that water. My urine is usually fairly dark, and has an odor to it. I can't remember ever having clear urine. I used to think I was dehydrated, which is why I started drinking so much fluid in a day, but it has not seemed to help. Sometimes I drink so much water that I feel sick to my stomach, and it is starting to affect my appetite. I have so much fluid in my stomach that I am just not hungry most of the time. I'm really confused about this, and concerned because I realize that it is unhealthy. I was hoping someone could please help me out with this situation. Thanks a lot!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 1st, 2005
I had the same symptoms.I drink water all day long and dont pee much at all.My urine is so dark almost brown and I was diagnosed with liver and kidney problems. The infrequent urination was due to high levels of protien in my urine which was the first indication of kidney disfunction.The dark urine was due to elevated liver enzymes.It might be a good idea to have your dr run some labs to check your readings.Good luck,i hope all goes well for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?