Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

Depo Bleeding After Sex??? Anyone Eles?? (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I just ended depo four months ago and before I got the shot everything was fine and normal. Ive been having sex with the same guy for over 3 years now and since I quit the depo I have been having really light pink spotting so light I only need a panyliner and my last pap smear was normal has anyone eles had this happen could it be from the depo?? It only happens when im "having my period" since they have been so irregular. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper slowder52
|

replied February 7th, 2009
bleeding after sex
This happened to me I didn't have any problems until I started depo now I am bleeding after sex had tests done for infection which were negative now i am worried it is something more serious.
|

replied February 7th, 2009
Experienced User
depo is a horrible shot!! i had it every 3months for about 9months, i caused me to bleed non stop while i was having it, from light pinkish spotting in between periods, to light periods, to heavy periods, no sooner had i stopped having the injection did my bleeding and periods stop altogether, i went 16 months withot a period at all and no spotting etc!! and while taking it i aslo got superficial thromboflebitis in my left leg!! now i dont know if it was a side affect but iv never had anything like that since stopping and this was years ago!!! would not recommend it to anyone!!! i am now on the dianette pill and its fantastic!!
|

replied November 1st, 2009
I've had two Depo Provera injections and I'm due for my 3rd in December. Overall I have been happy with it. I wear panty-liners a lot because I sometimes spot but my doctor said that's normal for about the first year. However, I always, always bleed after sex. It's more than the normal spotting but not heavy. I've heard many other women say they experience the same thing.
|

replied July 17th, 2012
i understand sister,this happens to me the last three times i had sex with my boyfriend,i got the shot in late June, i didn't know what was happening because on a daily basis i might spot occasionally,but after sex i would bleed just like you,more than the normal spotting ,but not heavy, your partner might be hitting your cervix,so you might want to use condoms and have cautious sex, get off of the Depo-shot,and get the arm implant.
|

replied August 23rd, 2011
bleeding after sex when on the depo shot
this happens to me too, I bleed after sex every time now im really worried although a few others have mentioned the same thing. I dont want go on the pill as ive tried it and i hated it after trying 2 or 3 different ones. I dont get a period and dont bleed any other time other than after sex. Im really worried about this too its also embarrasing, i have my first smear coming up on the 14th of september the same time as my next depo shot but i think i am going to come off the depo shot and hope the bleeding stops
|

replied August 24th, 2011
I'm still on the shot and everytime after sex and I cum I bleed. I'm worried I don't know what I should do
|

replied September 10th, 2011
I'm also on the shot. I've been on it for almost 2 1/2 years now. I spot after having sex. My doctor days it's a normal occurrence because since you don't have a period while on depo your uterus still sheds the lining and that's why you bleed after or during sex. It still has to flush out the old lining. I hope this is very useful to those who are freaking out or are worried that something is wrong. There's nothing wrong your body just has to flush out the uterus like it normally would if you weren't on the shot.
|

replied July 1st, 2013
This was really helpful , I am due for my next shot in a few days, I find that I'm only bleeding at the end of my shot. Like few weeks before I'm due for my next one. So I shouldn't worry?
|

replied July 31st, 2013
How long did u bleed? It's been about 2weeks for me
|

replied September 30th, 2011
Depo provea
I've been on it for almost 2 years ... still bleeding juring sex and after any cardio activity. HELP
|

replied October 3rd, 2011
depo shot bleeding
If these havent occured before why now? I want to have sex without the bleeding afterwards.
|

replied October 3rd, 2011
depo shot bleeding
If these havent occured before why now? I want to have sex without the bleeding afterwards.
|

replied November 28th, 2011
bleeding after sex when on depo
im so glad im not on my own its ruining my sex life and i feel dirty of we do have sex n have to stop half way through because theres a small pool of blood. im due foe mu next one in dec and im not having it! so lets hope it stops. Hope you girls have got it sorted now too xx
|

replied February 5th, 2014
Did the bleeding during sex stop after you it off of the Depo shot ?
|

replied May 12th, 2012
I started taking depo in August of 2011, since I've started taking the shot, I've been on my period. So, to this day, I'm on my period. It is just light spotting, which is okay. During/after sex though, I bleed quite a bit! To be honest, I'm wondering if being on this shot is even worth it. My Dysmenhorrea is temporarily at bay, but, from all the side effects, going for my next shot is not likely.
|

replied May 16th, 2012
I have been on depo for 6 mths now, had my second shot 2 mths ago. The first time i had the shot, towards the end i started to bleed all the time, so i went to my doc and she said its time to have another shot so i thought it was due to that. But now 2 mths in to my 2nd shot im bleeding during sex and after it, also after reaching orgasm, I have blood clots aswell... Im hating it, having to worry if your going to bleed while having sex isnt fun at all... Im wondering if its due to the depo shot or something else??? Also im thinking of switching from depo back to levlen ed which i used to use before depo, and was wondering what side effects i could have???

HELP...
|

replied May 16th, 2012
I have been on depo for 6 mths now, had my second shot 2 mths ago. The first time i had the shot, towards the end i started to bleed all the time, so i went to my doc and she said its time to have another shot so i thought it was due to that. But now 2 mths in to my 2nd shot im bleeding during sex and after it, also after reaching orgasm, I have blood clots aswell... Im hating it, having to worry if your going to bleed while having sex isnt fun at all... Im wondering if its due to the depo shot or something else??? Also im thinking of switching from depo back to levlen ed which i used to use before depo, and was wondering what side effects i could have???

HELP...
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2012
depo and bleeding after sex
I have only had one shot so far, and i started bleeding after sex, it was really light and didnt even need a mini pad and its been about 5 days now and now is even more than before but not bad enough for a pad or anything, i was one the pills and started the depo about a week before my period was gonna start with the pills it didnt come and had no bleeding untill after sex, is it ok to have sex? and should i be worried about the bleeding?
|

replied May 31st, 2012
Was on depo for four years am now having irregular periods does this mean I a ovulating because have been trying for baby for the last three months no lucky
|

replied June 4th, 2012
Depo to pill problems?
Help! I had been on depo provera for 6 months, those two shots I had made me bleed non stop til on the week of my next shot I switched to Levlen Ed. I took levlen Ed on the due date of my 3rd shot like what the doctor said which was on the 28 feb 2012. I stopped bleeding while on the pills and got my period twice (first one was when I was on the white sugar pills which i think was fake period and then I finished the pack and got period again on the 31st march, 2012). I still haven't got my period yet ever since march but I've been spotting (not all the time tho) probably once a month and it only lasts a day. I did 3 pregancy tests and all came out negative. Could I be pregnant or is it to do with the depo shot or the pills?
Anyone know what's happening with me? Really need some answer please.
|

replied June 18th, 2012
i have been on the depo for nearly 12 months now, i am bleed after sex which is worrying and sometimes in between shots. my first two was ok no period just have a period near the time i was due another shot. my third shot was ok except a month of continuous bleeding towards the end which was annoying and i felt really dirty which made me depressed. spoke to the nurses and they suggested me to go on the mini pill after this last shot; so that's what i am waiting for but now i am spotting maybe in the morning then in the night nothing one day pinkish sometime brown, or when after sex with my 5 years partner i will spot after it and during sex i might spot without me realising which is very embarrassing when your partner notice it, now because the unpredictable spotting its has puts me off sex as i always feel dirty and worry what my partner would think. i cannot wait to change contraception as it is not nice i would not suggest it to anyone as it have affected my personality as near the end i become very moody and very snappy. i hope when i am on the mini pill the spotting with calm down and i can have a normal life and sex life.
|

replied July 15th, 2012
depo shot
I just got on depo like a month ago and i haf sex with my boyfriend and everything was allright untill i got my period witch was late after i got my period we decided to do it again when i stoped bleed but after we did it iwas bleeding alot we waited 3 days to try it again and i still bleed when he went inside me is this normal?
|

replied July 31st, 2012
depo shot bleeding
okay so these are everyones stories about their experiences with the depo shot and bleeding during/after sex. But what can you do to change this? I'm just wondering because my girlfriend has had this same problem for quite some time now and she claims that why we havn't had sex in over 6 months. Im sorry if some of you girls feel like guys shouldn't be reading about your problems but its severely affecting our relationship and I just want her to be comfortable enough to have sex with me. we used to have sex all the time and weve been in love for quite a while (and i dont want to be with anyone else) but from a guys point of view it really sucks. Ive already told her that I dont care if she bleeds after or during sex and yet we still havnt had sex in over 6 months. I know how vulnerable this topic is so thats why i try not to press the issue with her but I just have no idea what to do and I dont think she realizes that this very well could end our relationship which was very very healthy and fun. If someone could please reply to this that would be very much appreciated
|
12 >>