Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Sleep Vs. Work Out?

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
Is it better for your body to catch up on sleep or work out?
catch up on sleep
work out
100%  100%  [ 2 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2
I am an extremely busy college student with very little free time. I used to be a pretty serious athlete, but now I don't have much time to work out. Due to constant sleep deprivation, I like to sleep in when I get the chance rather than going to the gym. My question is: is it better for my body to catch up on sleep, or to get in a good work out?

Thanks,
some college kid
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 14th, 2003
Hey! I am in college and I go through the same stuff. Sometimes, if I have had 6 or more hours of sleep the night before, i'll go and get on the elliptical and it actually gives me energy. ^_^ so, you decide, if you are totally beat, sleep. Sleep is always nourishing and it helps so tht you don't experience moodiness. However, 8 hours of sleep and you have free time: hit the gym. Make schedules too to fit it in, that helps me a ton. I'm no doctor but...Hope that helped Wink
|

replied November 15th, 2003
If you're really sleep deprived, definately take a nap. I'd suggest exercise also though, so to try to fit them both in, try taking a pretty short nap, around maybe 20 minutes. You'll feel more refreshed because your body hasn't gotten into a deep sleep mode yet, and you'll also have time to work out which will make you feel even better.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Andre V Strizhak
User Profile
Dr. Kelly Romirowsky
User Profile
Dr. Kelly Romirowsky
User Profile
Harpreet Singh