Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Do Hips Return to Normal After Pregnancy? How?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I had my daughter 4 1/2 years ago and since then my hips and butt are huge. I have recently started doing pilates but have heard that whether your hips go back to normal after pregnancy is genetic they either do or dont. However, every other female in my family is extremely petite. 100 lbs or less and size 0-4 (including my mother and two sisters who have both had kids and are both pregnant again. One of which is 7 mo. Along and only weighs 97 lbs)
i however weighed 115 before pregnancy and am 140 now. My waist is slim but my hips and butt are huge. My hips are not fat, you can feel and see the bone.
My question is: is there anything I can do to make my hips go back to normal? Please let me know. I will try almost anything

thanks
kim
Did you find this post helpful?
|