Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Am I Crazy For Being Mad??????

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok well you all know that I am 16 and I have a little girl named savannah.
Well when I told my parents that I was pregnant, they didn't act so well. Now my 17 year old step sister, who lives on the streets of ottawa got pregnant by a 24 year old that she is not even dating, she told them just the other day that she is 3 months pregnant and they reacted great, they were all happy, and hugging her and saying congrats, meanwhile I am standing there with savannah in my arms thinking thats not fair, ya I got pregnant when I was 15 had her when I was 16, but I had her with a guy that is my age, I don't live on the street either, and yet when I told them that I was pregnant they acted like had let them down in so many ways, and yes I did, but at least I can take care of my baby, with andrew to help me. My sister lives on the street, and the guy that got her pregnant was like oh I want to be your boyfriend, and I want to help you with the baby, but as soon as one of my sisters friends show up he's like I don't want to be with you anymore, and he tries to get with her friend. Oh and to top that off my parents decided that they should celebrate,they decided that we would go bowling, not out to supper that way I could go too, no so I had to stay home with savannah, while they all went out bowling. Am I crazy for being mad???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 9th, 2005
Oh my gosh, no you are definetly not crazy for being mad! If that happened to me I would be raging!!! But try not to worry abuot it too much and be supportive for your sister. Shes gonna have alot of questions and will need your help!
Of course your not crazy!
Good luck with that situation!
Danielle xoxox
|

replied May 9th, 2005
Experienced User
I think your parents maybe just expected more from you..Sorry if that seems rude.. I just mean.. U were the good kid.. U werent on the streets and stuff... That and now that they went through it with you they know how to deal with it and realize its not such a huge disaster after all, and mite also realize she needs your familys help
|

replied May 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes I realize that but instead of them being oh congrats they should be saying hey listen you live on the street you can't afford to support yourself let alone a baby
|

replied May 11th, 2005
Thats very true. I would be frustrated as well, but dont stress over it:) keep happy!
|

replied May 11th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
No ur not crazy for being mad! I would be hurt too.. My parents were like that before and it hurts. If its still bothering u, ask them why they congratulated her and not you. Yes u may have been young but u still needed their support and if they're offering it to ur sis so openly they should have offered it to you.
|

replied May 13th, 2005
Experienced User
I would be upset too! But maybe they thought since u were younger and didnt live on the streets or anything that you had more going for you then her. Maybe it shocked them more w/ you, but it was something expected of her
|

replied May 26th, 2005
How rude!!!! If I were you I would talk to your parents and let them know how their actions are affecting you.....Just tell them striaght up...That is waht I would do....But you need to know that no matter what they still love you.....
|