Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Tri-previfem??

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Recently I had my gyno switch me from ortho-tricyclen-lo to regular ortho-tricyclen because my insurance no longer covered the lo and I didn't really want to pay the extra money for a non-formulary brand.

I got the rx filled the other day and I was given a generic called tri-previfem. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and how their experience with it was? I've heard terrible things about the generic tri-nessa and i'm not sure if this is different or not. Basically, if tri-previfem is going to turn me into a psycho with no sex drive and pack on 10lbs, i'm going to stick to the lo.

For reference, i've been on lo for about a year with really no side effects and it's been working great. I've got an entire pack of it left so i'm going to finish that before starting the tri-previfem, so that'll give me some time to learn about it.

I hope somebody can give me some insight.
Thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2010
I'm about to switch from Loestrin 24 Fe to the Tri-previfem. I don't really want to because I heard your periods last longer. My period normally lasted about 3 days on the Loestrin. How is it working out for you so far? Any bad side effects?
|
Did you find this post helpful?