Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

the Linden Method (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi,
i am new to the forum, just wondering if anyone out there has tried the linden method? Came across it when I was looking for some help with my anxiety. Been suffering with it most of my life, but just recently has gone a lot worse. Tried pills, they dont work, really tempted to purchase the linden method, any feedback would be great!! :? :?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper latzo4
|

replied May 9th, 2005
Let me know if it works
|

replied May 7th, 2011
yes it does work but you need too be patient enough for it
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied May 10th, 2005
What is the linden method?
|

replied May 21st, 2005
Curious Too
I'm curious about the linden method as well. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried it.
|

replied May 21st, 2005
Hi angie, no I havn't tried it but very nearly did a few months ago. I may still try it soon. I only backed out of buying it simply because after reading the site top to bottom I began feeling less anxious/worried (knowing there was a way out), so I decided I wanted to try and cure myself first.

The method seems very genuine though and I actually live very close to their uk base (but have yet to visit). If I do try it (and it works) ill try and give you some feedback on this forum, although it may be hard due to the anti advertising rules.

But why not give it a try yourself, or at least have a good read of the site (listen to the audio into's if you can) and see if this gives you some relief. I know what your feeling - ive suffered severe anxiety/mild depression myself the last 7 years, but finally feel like im finding a way out. All the best

daynette - type "linden method" into google and have a good read. I could write loads on the theory behind it. Its very interesting and I fully believe it works (ive yet to be shown evidence otherwise) but as I said ive yet to try it because I wanted to try my own thing first.
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
Linden Method
Hi,
well, I purchased the linden method last week and im half way through the program. I received dvd, book, and four cd's. I am finding it extremly helpful, it kinda explains why your feeling the way you do and helps you make sense of it. There are relaxation methods and dvd shows you how to do tai chi. I am like I say only half way through, but I believe this is the answer to anxiety, not pills! I will post back when I have finished and let you know how I feel. Angie
|

replied May 7th, 2011
There are relaxation methods and dvd shows you how to do
i find it very useful
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
Excellent, thanks for the feedback and keep us posted!
|

replied June 1st, 2005
Re: Linden Method
angie-san27 wrote:
hi,
well, I purchased the linden method last week and im half way through the program. I received dvd, book, and four cd's. I am finding it extremly helpful, it kinda explains why your feeling the way you do and helps you make sense of it. There are relaxation methods and dvd shows you how to do tai chi. I am like I say only half way through, but I believe this is the answer to anxiety, not pills! I will post back when I have finished and let you know how I feel. Angie

hello. Anything more on this?

Thank you,

jeff.
|

replied June 8th, 2005
Would Love to Hear From Anyone Who Tried This..
I just read that site befome running into this site. I mean I would pay the money if it really works and does not in anyway make my condition worse. Would love to hear others who has tried.

Thanks
|

replied June 8th, 2005
I have found that the best thing to help cure this sort of problem is going to the gym it transmits all of my thoughtfull energies to expell myself when lifting weights im not massive just a size 40 inch chest but hey everyonr to there own hope this helps
|

replied June 9th, 2005
Experienced User
I don't know about the linden method but a very good program for anxiety is attacking anxiety by lucinda bassett. I went through that and didn't even need to finish it. There's 16 parts to it and the last time I checked, it cost a fortune. You can find it online though, the same way you might find a song but I didn't say anything. I've had anxiety for 23 years and any program that works or any good book on the subject all come down to the same thing really. Your problem with anxiety didn't start the first time you felt panic or felt weird.....Everyone gets that. Your problem started the first time you said......"what if this never goes away" or some obsessive thought like that. The cure to anxiety lies in stopping your "oh my god" or "what if" thoughts as soon as they enter your brain. Literally tell them to stop as soon as you think one up and replace it with.........I'm not going to worry about this anymore because i'm sick of worrying. Tell yourself that you're going to feel panic or shake or whatever but you're not going to sit here anymore and obsess over it. The second you say i'm not going to worry about this anymore is the exact opposite of the time you said......What if this never goes away. Let the feeling go through you and do whatever it has to do.....Let the panic happen or whatever you're feeling and tell it you're not afraid of it anymore. You'll already be on your way to recovery the first time you replace an obsessive thought with i'm not afraid anymore and i'm not going to worry about this. Tell your obsessive thoughts to go screw themselves because you're tired of it. It takes time but the more you do this, the more your brain and nerves relax and start to heal themselves.
|
Users who thank Lennon for this post: willow129 

replied March 26th, 2011
I read a really good book on anxiety as well. It stressed the point of when you feel a panic attack tell yourself.."Ok bring it on and lets get it over with so I can finish my day." After you stop waiting for it, it will get better. I also found that if I tell someone I feel like im having a panic attack I feel better. Before I would just hold it inside and dwell on it all day. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with.
|

replied November 21st, 2011
which book was this?
thank you
V
|

replied April 9th, 2012
anxiety
man thanks a bunch I was freaking out reading all these comments and this one helped me literally take the weight off my shoulders. If you could e-mail me and give me a bit more detailon where you got this. I am a veteran and freak out for no reason sometimes but know I am strong enough to get over this one day.
|

replied June 9th, 2005
Totally Agree With Lennon
I have been experiencing anxiety for over 8 months and I am tired of worrying and getting obsessed with what will happen if .. I have been telling myself that I am going to fight this if it kills me and get over this. By the way, I have been taking medicine at the same time and have been facing some of the issues that may be causing my worries.

Good luck everyone.
|

replied July 9th, 2005
Hi everyone,

anxiety sux but there is a way out. I'm working on it myself and I suggest you check out this website by bronwyn fox:
Panicattacks.Com.Au

i purchased the cd and book combo and am finding it useful. Alot of work required but I guess any approach you use will take a fair effort.

We've given our power away and it's time to take it back!

Good luck!
|

replied September 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Angie-san27
Hi angie-san - have you got an update for us on the linden method. I am sending my payment away at the end of the week!
|

replied September 9th, 2005
Linden Method - Do I!
:cry:

hi all

i am new to this forum, am also at the end of my tether with anxiety!!!

It's a recent thing for me, but is completely against my nature, which is why I think i'm not coping with it - not that nayone can.

Also not in my nature to drug myself senseless, which is what my gp would love me to do, as I think he thinks i'm stalking him, where as it's his large lack of knowledge about anxiety which infuriates me most - anti-depresents and valium - what the hell is that going to do for me!

I've read all through the site on the linden method and, I have to admit I am tempted, but thought i'd do some reaserch first.

Other comments on this forum have said it's a waste of money and there are other free forms of help you can get. This link Paniccenter.Net/
was one of the ones said to hold info.

If anyone has an tried and tested methods I would love to here them, I am going travelling in 6 weeks and feel that I won't be able to cope.
|

replied May 20th, 2011
Just do it!!! You will love it and it will help you a lot.I've done it last year and now I can travel (I am writing this as I am on a holiday ) I can drive again and I live my life without any fear. I tried everything on the market for anxiety and the linden method is the only one approved by NHS.I will write more when I'll arrive home. Just do it. You will be anxiety free soon.Good luck
|

replied September 9th, 2005
Experienced User
You guys should all just get a book called hope and help for your nerves by Dr. Claire weekes or if you're in the uk...Essential help for your nerves. It's more practical than these programs in that there's no meditation or whatever they have you do and it doesn't cost a fortune. It'll be a book you that you'll keep for years. Trust me, just buy it.
|

replied November 10th, 2005
the Linden Method
Hi i'm new to this forum, I recently ordered the linden method and am currently waiting for it to arrive. I have to say I felt at first it could be a scam but as you get into the website I found it began to make sense and seemed genuine, ill be recieveing the product very shortly so i'll keep you all posted on how I find it, if anybody else has already used it please reply to this thread

thank you

superbhoy
|

the Linden Method
Hi i'm new to this forum, I recently ordered the linden method and am currently waiting for it to arrive. I have to say I felt at first it could be a scam but as you get into the website I found it began to make sense and seemed genuine, ill be recieveing the product very shortly so i'll keep you all posted on how I find it, if anybody else has already used it please reply to this thread

thank you

superbhoy
|

Experienced User
I have done the linden method for the last 3 months and today I am arranging to send it back and get a refund. It told me exactly what I already knew - not how to fix it!

I hope that you have better luck then me with it.

I am currently doing the lucinda bassett program, 15 parts in the program and you do them one a week. I am getting must more out of this. Thanks heaps to my new friend that suggested it and then helped me get hold of it.

I am only up to part 5 I will let you know hoe I am in a few weeks. What this program does is gives you the tools and the knowledge to fight anxiety! So you can look it in the face and say "hit me with what you have got, cause it won't be enough I can beat you"
|

replied June 8th, 2011
How did you contact them to provide their address and get a refund? I personally thought it was pointless to read the 9 pillars.

how are you coping with the lucinda program? did it help with your anxiety?
|

Experienced User
Hi

as my friend bek says the linden method tells you what you already know. I am also sending it back. It`s not that I didn`t find it interesting but it asks you do do something that all us anxiety sufferers try to do anyway.

Don`t be disheartened though in hearing this as it may just be the right programme for you, but I am also doing the lucinda bassett programme and i`ve found it much more useful.

I feel the lm is too expensive to be read once and then left on the shelf.

Again thanks for the programme, you know who you are!

Debs
|