Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Severe Abdominal Pain For 6 Months.

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Please help!! I am desperate. I am about to see my fifth Dr. And no pain relief yet. I hurt in my lower right and left abdomin. I cramp so bad it disables me. I also have a burning feeling in my abdomin. Sometimes the pain will move to my back and down the front of my legs. I also have gas, I don't know if the two are related. My female Dr. Done liposcopic surgery. I have had a scan on my gallbladder, a ct, two mri's, and a colonoscopy. Everything seems to be normal according to 4 Dr.'s and yet I hurt so bad I can't function. Pain pills don't even help. A heating pad is the only way I can get any relief and I can't take it to work with me. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Severe Abdominal Pain for 6months
I know this may be crazy after having posted this 6 years ago now, but I'm currently going through this as well, minus the gas and heating pads dont help. ive had the colonoscopy, endoscopy, MRI, CT's, the test on my galbladder, even sonograms and pelvic exams, but everything is coming back normal as it did for you. I was curious as to what you were diagnosed with.
|

replied September 6th, 2011
My boyfriend has the same thing, and it too has been going on for 6 months. The doctors don't seem to be helping very much at all. They kept sending him for tests (sometimes more than once) and now they say that he's had all the tests but, because they still don't know what's wrong, he's got to have the tests again! The trouble is that they say he's had them all too recently so we have to play the waiting game some more! It's so frustrating coz he's in absolute agony and nothing satisfactory has been, nor seems to be, done.
|

replied July 12th, 2012
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Relief
I too have had stomach pain for several months.. almost a year. I've had several tests: cat scan, blood work multiple times, colonoscopy, pelvic exam. And I've been to 2 doctors, with no relief.

Since none of the medication I've been prescribed helps (prilosec, donnatal, and others), I've been trying homeopathic remedies for the past week, along with diet changes. I've eliminated gluten from my diet, I mostly eat brown rice and chicken and salads (very easy with a rice cooker and george foreman). In the evening I do a castol oil pack on my stomach with a heating pad over top. I also take probiotics and do a 'green drink' in the morning to help soothe my stomach when I first wake up. Also, if I remember, I'll take a muscle relaxant before I go to bed, so that my morning isn't so difficult. The mornings are incredibly hard for me. My throat and chest hurt, and my stomach is all clenched. With the help of my boyfriend, I'm able to get ready and be to work at 7 am.

Many people say that a detox is helpful... but I have yet to try this.
|