Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Weird Bloated Stomach For Two Weeks

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Two weeks ago, I went to a sushi place and ate cooked shrimp tempura. I came home and thought I had food poisoning. I threw up for two days and had a bad case of diarrhea. My friends told me I would feel better in 48 hours, but my symptoms became strange. I had no appetite and was hardly eating, but every time I drank some water or ate some bread my stomach would become very very bloated. Then I started to wake up with a headache every morning and hardly could walk down the street. I felt dizzy,nauseous, and had minor stomach cramps after I ate. I went to see my doctor and he gave me cipro, I stated it on tuesday. It has now been two weeks and the only symptom that went away has been the nausea. I am still so bloated, dizzy, have bad breath, smelly hair and a tingling sensation all up and down my legs and at the top of my head. My doctor says I should be patient with the cipro. Tomorrow, is my last day.

I feel so frustrated that i'm not getting better and I wish I knew what was going on. Has anyone ever experienced any issues like this????? Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 17th, 2005
Hi

i have just been told I have hpylori! Which is similar to the symptoms you have stated in your comments! Its a bateria that lives in the lining of your gut! And causes ulcers! I've felt very ill on and off for 12 months now and the last 4 1/2 now very ill. If he does say it is hpylori which 25% of the population is infected the antibiotics they give you will make you feel even worse!!!! They can easy test this with a blood test! Look it up on the nett and see if some of the symptoms you state are the same! If so ask to have a blood test! And keep me posted? I hope yu find out what your problem is the stomach is a bad thing to upset! Celiac is also similar symptoms! .... ! Let me know how you get on i've just finished the antibots and still feel s$it!!! So i'm back to the doctors again...!
|

replied May 19th, 2005
H. Hyplori
Hi! Thank you so much for responding. I feel a bit better. I took some anti-boitics and the symptoms are pretty much gone except for the bloating. I'm going to the doctor on monday for an endscopy. I will let you know. I've never heard of this before. Are you being treated?????
|

replied May 19th, 2005
Cure
I just did a bunch of research on the net. It sounds very similar to what I have except I feel like I originally had food poisoning. Did I have an ulcer?? Are you on medication for hyplori??? What else did your doctor say about it?? Are you feeling any better???

Thanks again for writing to me.
I hope you get well.
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
Hi! Do you also have a fever? If so, my symptoms look a lot like yours. On a certain day my stomach just started to swell, the smell of my breath was bad, and I wasn't hungry at all. I took cipro for 2x5 days, combined with proton pump inhibitor omeprazole.
My stomach became almost normal again and the fever eventually disappeared. However, after quitting the omeprazole my stomach remained a bit more bloated than usual and I had big trouble eating fatty foods.
Now, after a month I have a big relapse, it's like it's starting all over again...
Please tell me what comes out of your endoscopy!
Btw you can't effectively cure h. Pylori with cipro alone, you need triple or quadruple therapy (2 antibiotics, a proton pump inhibitor and sometimes bismuth)
|

replied June 8th, 2005
Acid Reflux
Hi

i was told I had overgrown bacteria, and now I have acid reflux!!!! Those were the results from the endocopy. My symptoms are pretty much gone except for bad heartburn.
|

replied August 17th, 2005
Bloated Stomach
I have been searching for answers for myself because of many symptoms that I experience. My symptoms are bloating, ( even on an empty stomach), dizziness, leg and stomach cramping, weight gain, headaches and energy loss.

So far many of the illnesses that are decribed and diagnosed are the results of toxins and waste in the colon. This includes parasites and other disqusting things that build up in the colon from bacterias. There can also be over-growths of these bacterias and yeast.

I am starting a colon cleanse but have to do more research on what naturally helps and rids this problem. I've heard many testimonies over the years. Right now I am looking at the web-site of drnatura.Com. There are many symptoms there along with the ones described in your forum.
|

replied April 18th, 2009
IBS for 16 years and getting worse
I have been to so many Dr.s, I have had every test to find out no abnormalities, but polyps on my intestines, and a TRANSIENT ISCHEMIC ATTACK ( WHICH IS A LACK OF BLOOD FLOW AND BEING ANEMIC) AFTER being on hormones after a full hysterectomy, gallbladder taken out, and a bladder tact( a sling to hold up the bladder, most common after 3 pregnancies. Now to top it off I have been experiencing headaches, severe stomach pains, with nausea, sweating, throwing up,and having to go to the bathroom,and not being able to! Or I go too many time in one day, after not being able to go for more than 4 days at a time. Now to having problems fully empting my bladder! I have aches in my shoulders, down to my lower back. To top it off, I have a aneurysm in my splenic artery, that has to be monitored for growth. Not large enough to operate on! All this under the age of 40! Talk about complex! It has left me with being not able to eat. Just toast, water, undecaffinated tea. Then if I am nauseated sweetness bothers me, and I can't eat or drink anything? Anyone else had of these multiple problems? ANY ADVISE, I WANT MY HEALTHY LIFE BACK, EVEN JUST SOME FOR THE SAKE OF MY 3 CHILDREN AND HUSBAND!?
|

replied September 22nd, 2011
Bloated for 2 weeks pressure when I sit down.
In the last 2 weeks or so I've been feeling bloated down in my abdomen up to my stomach. I think I've had an ulcer for 11 years because pain comes and goes on the right side of my navel. Not a real bad pain just feels more like a bruise. Since the bloating it has made it hurt more often and last few days I've felt sick to my stomach. Only been able to have a bowel movement in the mornings. My mom had part of her colon removed due to diberticulitis so I think I may have that along with H pylori. May have to go get test to see if I can clear up this bloating problem. Today I'm going to drink slimfast and maybe eat some fried eggs to see if it gives my bowels a rest and opportunity to get better. Hope all of you have your health back because it is all that matters.
|