Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Ortho Evra Patch Taken Off Late

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I forgot to take off my patch on my normal patch change day for week 4. (which is on a sunday for me) I didn't start my period until thursday. I have to wear white pants this saturday! If I put my new patch on early, will I stop my period? When should I put it on, today? :?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 6th, 2005
Experienced User
No, putting the patch on early will not stop your period. For me my change date is monday.. I don't get my period until late in the day on thursday so it goes into my first week of wearing the patch normally and putting the patch on does not stop it.
|

replied May 24th, 2005
I Am Concerned About Sensitive Eyes On the Patch
:roll: i'm in the second week of the patch and I noticed my eyes get strained easily if i'm on the computer and then watch tv. My eyes actually sting in one eye. I have to turn it off it is so uncomfortable. Even when I take a break my eyes still seemed strained. I don't think I can continue to work with how my eyes feel on the computer. Any similar experiences?
|

replied April 21st, 2009
Evra patch
It's my first time, can i use the patch on my third day of menses?
|