Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Is This Anxiety Or Something Else?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I don't really have panic attacks, ive had a few though, it's very rare that I have one. I can usually calm myself down if I do have a panic attack and they usually last 2-5 minutes.

I'm constantly worrying about stuff and over analyzing my situtation. My symptoms are.

Constant worrying. I'll read something about bipolar for example and think I have it and contantly read information about it and stress myself out worrying about it. An example would be I was reading a forum on schitzophernia last week and I worryed myself to death thinking I had it. Even though I have zero symptoms. I would sit in my bed at night and anticpate hearing voices.

Disturbing thoughts/fears of going crazy and losing control.

I'm scared to death that i'm going to lose control and hurt myself or my loved ones and. This is the main fear that I think causes me to be on he edge. I can't stand these thoughts, they make me depressed and stressed out. I don't know why I have them. I have fears that i'm breaking down or losing my mind and i'm gonna do something awful.

Sometimes things just don't seem real to me, even though I know they're real. It stresses me out. I don't know why I think about this. This usually happens in the morning when I wake and usually in the middle of the day. It lasts sometimes for 10-15 minutes and somedays hours.

Sometimes I have obessive thoughts that just dont seem to go away. These obessive thoughts are usually what triggers my panic attacks. For example i'll think what if i'm not real? What if I don't exist? What if i'm going crazy?

I just don't know what to do. Please help. :\
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 17th, 2005
It seems that you are experiencing more than anxiety attacks. I suggest you talk to a professional. You are very aware that your thoughts are not normal. I hope you find someone who can help. It seems that part of what you are experiencing is paranoia.

Good luck!
|

replied May 20th, 2005
Zil88,

have you seen a professional yet? What kind? Do you have appointments set up reguarly?

Professionals can help you with sorting out the things you are thinking and feeling and then showing you a way to fix theses problems. If you havent please seek out this level of help so you can get started on getting healthy.

If you need help please let me know how

believe
|

replied May 21st, 2005
Hi zil, I hope you are still checking this thread. Yes it is anxiety so please dont worry about all the things you describe. They are symptoms of the anxiety, trust me you are not ill or going crazy. I have been there myself so I know what you are going through. I can relate to every one of the things you mentioned above. I found the best thing you can possibly do is completely ignore them. They are simply created by the anxiety and once you begin to overcome the anxiety, these strange thoughts/fixations will go. They cannot exist without the anxiety, so do not worry. Post again if you want to chat further.
|

replied May 24th, 2005
Cha- ching

don't let the comments about seeing a professional scare you off either!

I have gone downhill during the past 7 months, and had all of the syptoms that you speak of...And many more.

It is so stressful because I felt out of control, and obsessed with the idea of losing my mind, I shut everyone else out of my life.

Now, the things that helped me (since I am not able to afford to see a psych) :
my wo9nderful boyfriendordered me a program called midwest center for anxiety and depression. It is about a 15 week cd/workbook course, that helps you to examine yourself, and find more constructive ways to deal with your stress.
Treat yourself well, eat well, go for a walk, feed yourself compliments (even if you don't fully believe them)

please feel free to contact me if you need someone to talk about this with! Glad we both found our way here!
|

replied March 31st, 2009
is there any one out there ?
i feel like that Zil88 this fourm is like almost 4 years old so i doubt any one will
reply how to stop that feeling
|

replied August 4th, 2010
anxiety and feeling like your crazy
well, if it makes you feel better i have all the same things that you said. i cant stand feeling this way and the worst part about mine is that even when i do ignore it which helps with the crazy thoughts, i still cant feel happy for some reason. i feel like im entrapped in a glass bubble that wont let me out. i miss myself so much and id give anything to just be me again.i know that people like us need to see a therapist that has gone through this and overcome it because they only know how to overcome it. they say its a lot easier than we think.
|

replied August 4th, 2010
Therapy sounds like a good call--hope you found some help.

|