Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Lower Right Quadrant Pain That Increases During Sex

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am a 24 year old male with no history of illness. For the last week i've been having a slight dull pain in near the beltline of my right lower quadrant.
The pain is exacerbated by sex as I near climax. I have no other troubles, I can gain erection and have no penile pain. I would characterize the pain as a 3-5. (i have had only one partner, my wife of two years)
i have no other symptoms for things such as hernia, appendicitis, or kidney stones. I have been to the doctor and had very uncomfortable evaluations with no new info to report to me.
This problem is very unsettling and I have nothing to go on. I am wondering perhaps if it is a muscle tear or inflammation of tendons or intestinal wall, and that it may go away.
I have a referral to a good urologist but I don't have much extra money and am worried about paying the patient responsibility for tests.
If anyone has any thoughts or answers it would definately alleviate my concerns.
Thanks
|

replied December 27th, 2005
Re: Lower Right Quadrant Pain That Increases During Sex
dinc03 wrote:
i am a 24 year old male with no history of illness. For the last week i've been having a slight dull pain in near the beltline of my right lower quadrant.
The pain is exacerbated by sex as I near climax. I have no other troubles, I can gain erection and have no penile pain. I would characterize the pain as a 3-5. (i have had only one partner, my wife of two years)
i have no other symptoms for things such as hernia, appendicitis, or kidney stones. I have been to the doctor and had very uncomfortable evaluations with no new info to report to me.

This problem is very unsettling and I have nothing to go on. I am wondering perhaps if it is a muscle tear or inflammation of tendons or intestinal wall, and that it may go away.
I have a referral to a good urologist but I don't have much extra money and am worried about paying the patient responsibility for tests.
If anyone has any thoughts or answers it would definately alleviate my concerns.

Thanks
|

replied January 10th, 2006
Anonymous
Re: Pain During Sex
If the pain continues I would definitely see the urologist. Pronto.
|

replied January 14th, 2006
If it is only during sex (and no other physically strenuous activity such as weight lifting or cardiovascular workouts) then the urologist is probably going to be the most beneficial. If it's brought on by other activities, it may be a gastro-enterologist who would be better in diagnosing your issue.

Good luck!
|