Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Off Birth Control Still No Period (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I am 25 and have been on birth control off and on since I was 15. I started them becuse I had heavy and long periods. After I stopped taking birth control this last time I had a period directly after but not since and it has been about 5 months now. What could be causing this? Am I even ovulating? I never thought I would say this but I miss my period. And what would I do if I wanted to have a baby?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper maryannec
|

replied April 29th, 2005
Experienced User
I had the complete opposite I had my period for three months after ending depo I hate that stuff lol
|

replied June 10th, 2005
Me Neither
I was only on ortho tri cyclen (and the ortho...Lo) for about 3 years.
I just went off it at the end of march. April I got a period. A normal, crampy old fashioned period.
But then in may I only had a period that lasted 1 day. It was very light.
I hear that this isn't weird, but it definitely isnt normal for me... Im used to it coming like clockwork thanks to the pill
|

replied June 14th, 2005
I have not had a period for 3 months now since I got off ortho. It's killing me!! Lol....I think I miss my period too haha. Man...I don't want to take a pregnancy test but I know I should
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Testing
I just bought a pregnancy test... I didnt want to do it, because I was so sure I couldnt be pregnant (have had sex once since going off bc with a condom)... But figured, its better than finding out that I am 6 months from now. :/
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Wow, yeah well I think im going to take one soon. So what were the results, if you dont mind me asking?
|

replied June 16th, 2005
:d
I hadn't taken it yet when I replied earlier... My feelings were correct however, and I will not be having any children anytime soon. Luckily, I just don't have my period and am not pregnant. :d
|

replied June 21st, 2005
Bleeding After the Shot
:?:
i am 29 momma to 3 children
i got on depo aug 1998 after I had my son..
I want to get off depo for many reasons...
With my son I hemorighed ,lost 2 pints of blood,transfusion at 35 weeks preganant in my sleep,my placenta ruptured and that has put a fear in me,i think I will bleed to death once I do get my period..
After 7 yrs,is the periods the same? I was a light bleeder went 4 days less
nothing major... I know I will prob be a heavy bleeder after but I am just scared of the fact..
I have never missed a shot,i like depo.. No babies ,no weight gain nothing they told me I could be there depo poster girl,most ppl dont do well on it,i thank god I did,i have always been high rish for having babies
i am healthy,on hb pills ,it is controled..Otherwise healthy just on depo and wanting to finally come off it to make my self normal again tho I realize it might take yrs but the first sign of blood I will prob freak..Lol
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Depo
I have been on the depo for two years. I have been off for a week and had unprotected intercourse. I know that getting off the depo can make it difficult to get pregnant again, but i still feel worried that i could possibly be pregnant. Anyone know my chances?
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Experienced User
ive not had a period in 5 months, and im only 17! i was on bc pills (monofeme) for 4 of those months, but had a period for the first 6 on it. i came off it a month ago and ive not had a period or even i sign of my period so maybe its just different bc affecting different people differently and eventually our systems will go back to normal...maybe
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Experienced User
I had this happen a few months ago and I freaked out and thought I was pregnant. I got off of the pill because I missed a few and figured I should just get back on track so I would wait for my period and then start again. We had sex one time in 8 weeks, it was right after I got off the pill and was waiting for my period. I ended up waking up one day and had my period, out of nowhere. The doctor told me that my body was just adjusting and that this happens sometimes. It happened to my sister as well, she had been on birth control for 7 years and got off because she was going to try and get pregnant and she didn't get her period for 6 months.
|

replied April 22nd, 2012
This is exactly my situation. How long did it take for your period to come? Did you stay off the pill? Should I stop habit sex till it's normal again?
|

replied July 17th, 2007
Re: Depo
TappleT506 wrote:
I have been on the depo for two years. I have been off for a week and had unprotected intercourse. I know that getting off the depo can make it difficult to get pregnant again, but i still feel worried that i could possibly be pregnant. Anyone know my chances?

The chances are slim, but trust me it happens. I was off for 2 weeks, got my period, then got pregnant the next week. So much for it takes years to get pregnant after you get off of depo!!
I myself am freaking out right now, because I got off 5 weeks ago. And still no period! Last time I put myself in the situation that could lead to pregnancy, I had 3 weeks left on my shot... but I am still freaking out! I've already taken two tests (both negative) but am so tempted to go waste $8 more just to be sure!! Call me crazy!
|

replied April 5th, 2009
ive been off my birth control for 2 weeks. and i still have not got my period yet.. i have no signs of my period either. i was on loestrin 24 fe. i have had unprotected sex everyother day since then.
could i be pregnant??
|
Users who thank lala0215 for this post: KSAF 

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2009
Ovulation right after birth control? With no period yet to come.
I also got off of loestrin 24e 12 days ago and now i feel the same ol feeling that I am ovulating and about to have my period 14 days from now...I am wondering if I am able to get pregnant after I feel the final pain(egg release)today or tomorrow...BUT...like I said, I haven't had a period yet...is it still possible??
|

replied August 31st, 2009
It has been two years for me....i was on it for 12 years...the doc said it is just adjustment time for my body...I feel better seeing i am not alone...i think it is great but worry sometimes wondering if something is terribly wrong. I just lost my insurance, say the doctor in the first year it didn't come back, but cannot go back and see if things are still ok...
|

replied August 31st, 2009
i have gained weight though which is not fun
|

replied October 5th, 2009
I was on Loestrin for 3 months; o ff for a month now and still no period. called the dr and they said not getting your period or getting it for a day or 2 is common when using loestrin.

knowing that makes me not want to be on it.
|

replied October 16th, 2009
birth control
my last period was on the 22 of september ( 25 days ago ) and i got off my birth control on the 27th ( because my and my partner want to have a baby ) i bleed for two days after that. when i was on birth control my period came every 21 days and now its 4 days late, i took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative, so im just wondering what the hell is going on with my body will my period come every 28 days? or was it supposed to come every 21 days like it was when i was on birth control!
|

replied October 27th, 2009
i was on birth control for half a year and then went off of it and then back on for just a month but always forgot to take it and took several at a time. i had sex with a condom 3 months ago and still have not had my period, i took 2 pregnancy tests and they both came back negative. idk whats wrong with me? im still a little scared that im pregnant
|

replied December 12th, 2009
No Period After Ceasing the Birth Control Pill?
I had been on birth control pills for 10 years when (in 1997) I decided to give my body a break. A month after stopping, I had my period as normal. After this I didn't have my period for another three months. And after this one? No period for over 8 months. I had visited doctors throughout this time and they were baffled. It took my body at least a year and a half to recover after choosing to stop taking birth control pills. My body was pill free for approximately 3 years when I felt the need to go back on birth control.

It's been almost 10 years since I started using birth control pills (again!). My partner and I have been thinking about having children and so, just over a month ago, I stopped taking the pill. In the last two weeks, I've experienced very painful PMS symptoms and am still waiting for my period to come on. I may, again, be playing the waiting game.

Still, after reading this board, the absence of periods after ceasing the taking of the pill seems to be a common issue with a large number of women. I feel a little better but will still make a trip to see my doctor if I haven't had my period within this month.
|