Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Strange Headache

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I underwent a huge life change with marriage, moving out of state and looking for a new job. Around that same time I started having headaches. Not just any headache, but a throbbing pain right below the crown of my head. It feels like a constant dull ache. Sometimes I feel sharp pains in my head as well. I had a mri done, and nothing. They said it was stress. However, I am not convinced and would love some feedback.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 4th, 2005
Re: Strange Headache
Hello,

i have had a similar experience. I went through a hard time (done with college, moved to sacramento) and ended up with a constant unexplained headache. Every morning I am surprised I got through the previous day dealing with the pain, and it is like starting all over the next. Had the mri, xrays, but nothing. My next trip is to the dentist, have them look at my wisdom teeth.

Anywho, it has become agoraphobia for me. It is much easier to stay at home and not aggrivate (spelling?) my head. Not to mention the meds. Nuff said. I and a zombie.

Do you feel dizzy or feelings of vertigo? I have found that dramamine helps *a little* but I only take it as prescribed. Too much can make you hallucinate.

Have you got any news about your headache ta might help me?

Thanks
|

replied May 4th, 2005
Re: Strange Headache
Hello,

i have had a similar experience. I went through a hard time (done with college, moved to sacramento) and ended up with a constant unexplained headache. Every morning I am surprised I got through the previous day dealing with the pain, and it is like starting all over the next. Had the mri, xrays, but nothing. My next trip is to the dentist, have them look at my wisdom teeth.

Anywho, it has become agoraphobia for me. It is much easier to stay at home and not aggrivate (spelling?) my head. Not to mention the meds. Nuff said. I and a zombie.

Do you feel dizzy or feelings of vertigo? I have found that dramamine helps *a little* but I only take it as prescribed. Too much can make you hallucinate.

Have you got any news about your headache ta might help me?

Thanks
|

replied August 17th, 2005
What I am learning now is that regardless of the cause, it is still a painful ordeal. I have to find what works for me when the onset is at its worse.

I am about to try painkillers or a barbituate. What I am saying is if a doctor say he/she will do nothing because it is "just anxiety", then find someone else. There is no reason to suffer. Even if it is "all in your head".
We are the only ones who know what is going on inside. We are the only ones who can truly do something about it.
|