Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Unexplained Pains

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For the last week I have had some pains which I can't explain. The first pain started as a mentrual cramp in my right side in the pelvic area. A few days later, I suddenly starting getting shooting pains in my ride side and in the middle of my stomach (near the belly button). I hoped they would go away but instead they got worse. I went to the emergency room and they did blood tests. However, everything came out negative. It has now been two days since I was there and the pains have not decreased any. My bowels are normal, there is no nausea. I do have a loss of appetite and I have already had my gall bladder out so I know it's not that.
Anyone else have these problems and found out what it is?
Thanks! Jenny
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2005
Did you get an ultrasound? Soujnds like gallbladder to me.....Thats how I felt.

Could also be a kidney stone, however the pain would be more towards your back.
|
Did you find this post helpful?