Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Very Bad Stomach Problems

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
My stomach always seems to be bloated. I rarely eat- hoping that it will get better. When I do eat- I try to eat healthy- vegetables and fruit-- not very many breads or dairies. I drinks tons of water, and exercise daily. I only go pee, that is all. I can move around the stuff in my stomach with my hands-- there is stuff in my stomach that makes it so bloated. Its very uncomfortable. Please help me. How do I get rid of this problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper fundraiscandies
|

replied May 12th, 2005
Try going of the fruits and veggies for awhile and eat protein, lean, maybe some low fat dairy, yogurt, cheese etc. Stuff that takes along time to digest. Bloating I believe is caused by a built up of gas from formenting food that does not run through the tract quick enough. Fruit and veggies especially raw can cause this especially on a very sensitive stomach. Check with Dr. To rule out anything untoward.
Sharonh
|

replied August 2nd, 2005
Stomach Bloated...burning Feeling
Anyone out there have a bloated stomach usually everyday ? I don't overeat, and of normal weight. I workout regulary, and eat healthy.... When I wake in the morning I have a small amount of cereal, and 1 cup of coffee, everyday.... Then I feel like I ate an entire turkey dinner! I feel like throwing up! My stomach is so full.,,and looks like I am 5 months pregnant!. I know I don't drink enough water, and do not drink anything else throughout the day. At night, when lying down, if you press on my stomach, I get a shooting pain up my chest. At times I get a terrible burning feeling in my stomach. I do worry alot, and was wondering if these are ulcer symptoms. Anyone else have this?
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Those same types of symptoms used to happen to me all the time, and I have a diet similar to yours - healthy, lots of fruits and vegetables and protein yada yada yada. I exercise regularly and drink tons of water. It wasnt till I was overseas for a couple of months that I discovered what the problem was - sugar-free candy! They have the best tasting sugar free candy there, so much so that I ate bags and bags of it and ended up with the worst bloating, cramps, and gas I have ever had. I figured out what the problem was pretty quick, stopped eating the candy, and the symptoms disappeared. One time though I was tempted and ate only a few of the candies and low and behold the problem returned. I think it was the maltitose in the candy, a type of sweetner. I know I can handle aspertame because I drink diet pop and crystal light all the time. But watch out for things that contain sweetners that are derived from sugar - I know the new crystal light slurpees have it and those do a number on my stomach as well. Sugar free gummy bears have been known to mess up some of my friends' stomachs. Even things like too much sugar free gum. Always check the labels and do a little of your own testing to see how much your body can handle. As soon as I saw that you were a healthy eater though, I thought "oh she probably eats a lot of sugar-free" and that gave it away. Let me know if that's the case.
Ak
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
free candy for fundraisers
Have you ever wondered why candy bar fundraisers always seem so popular? It is because Americans love to eat chocolate. Billions of pounds of candy bars are consumed each year in America so why not employee Americas obsession with candy in your next fundraiser. fundraisercandies.com/
|

replied January 11th, 2011
Candy! Why see how much junk your body can handle. Don't eat it at all and stay healthier. The more natural things you put in your mouth the more vitamins and minerals you add to your health. You wouldn't add water to your gasoline in your car to see how much it can handle, SILLY!!
|
Quick Reply