Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Awfull Pain In Shoulder

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hey guys, newbie here, im here for some help. To make a long story short, whenever I get seriously stressed out I get a agonyzing pain in my shoulder and neck, which sometimes goes down to the fingers. I literally scream, ive taking all kinds of pain killers but nothing seems to work. My work health benefits will kick in soon so I will see a nueroligist to find out whats going on, I really need advice to find out whats wrong with me in the mean time.. :cry:
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper supervixon
|

replied April 16th, 2005
Try to breath slower. You can get pains like that from breathing heavily because of stress. Take deep breaths here and there and see if that helps. You could also be getting it because if an increased heart rate because you're so stressed. So just try to relax and take some deep breaths. Hope that helps and take care. :d
|

replied April 16th, 2005
What about meds? Today my shoulder was killing me, it felt like I had been speared !
|

replied April 16th, 2005
What to see what the nueroligist has to say because I don't know much about meds.
|

replied April 18th, 2005
Had to go to emergency room again around 2am. They gave me a toradol shot and the pain diminished somewhat, but this morning its going back up,so im seeing a "nero" this aftrernoon and see whats up...
|

replied April 18th, 2005
Got back from the nero this afternoon and she belived it is a muscle spasm not a nerve problem. She had given me some mobic pills for the pain and some effexor for anxiety, I took a hour long nap this afternoon with a heating pad on me an I feel better, not like I should though.
|

replied April 23rd, 2005
One of many anxiety symptoms is sholder and neck pain and spasms, so it sounds like that is exactly what it is. Once your anxiety meds kick in I bet it will help, when I get stressed I feel pain in my sholder also, so bet thats what it is. Hope you feel better
|

replied April 29th, 2005
Hi, I had the same problem three years ago my left shoulder hurt so bad everydar off and on for about 9-10 months straight and sometimes raidiated down my whole arm. I went to so many doctors they found nothing except anxiety. Then it went away. Just get checked first it could be anything.
|

replied January 13th, 2012
I know you said you have tried a bunch of meds but did you try adrena + (by genuine health, its made of the best natural ingredients, darn expensive, but works beautifully). I used to have severe neck and shoulder pain and tried chiropractic treatments and massage therapy which helped but the problem kept coming back. I took adrena + (3-4 pills/day) for a week and not only has the pain gone away since, but stressors do not get to me like they use to. Now to maintain that take some B-vitamins (you dont have to every day, but taking them even twice a week is great to counteract any daily stressors); if you are a coffee drinker switch to tea for a while as extra caffiene would aggravate your pain.
Hope that helps.
|

replied November 18th, 2013
Shingolimited, PLEASE provide me with more information on adrena +. I've searched for it online and cannot seem to find the natural product you are referring to. I am in desperate need of relief and would like to try this product. Please email me. Thank you, I hope to hear from you.
|

replied December 6th, 2012
i dont know why but my shoulders are always hurting me and when i get a massage or put my neck back it feels nice but hurts a little bit. any suggestions to what i might have wrong, i think im stressed about something but i dont know what, im only 14 im 15 on the 17th dec.
|

replied November 19th, 2013
Experienced User
Shoulder problems including pain, is one of the most common thing nowadays. The shoulder is the most movable joint in the body. Some common cause behind this is Strains from overexertion, dislocation, frozen shoulder etc. The best treatment can only be done by consulting a health care professional. Still use of anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen can compress your shoulder pain. Also taking drugs like muscles relaxers and antidepressants might be helpful depending on the source of the pain. Addition to all this, a simple way is to apply ice on the affected area. The other cause of this can be age-related issues.
|